Feedback The Great Chase IV

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, May 26, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

hiddenobjmay2020_news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "The Great Chase IV" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I enjoy this event, and the prizes this time are definitely worth the work - but the sheer amount of TIME that has to be put in, playing the mini-game, is overwhelming. The easiest way to get enough points is to do the ninety second game, and there are literal HOURS of playing that have to happen. It took all the fun out of this, and I stopped trying to get the BB trees because my real life is more important to me. I've been slowly souring on events, because there keeps on being more and more time required. I'm mostly joining the ranks of those who farm for their own reasons, at their own pace, and largely ignore the events. This event used to be really fun, and would have been, if there were fifty or so rounds required. 85 just for the cloud row, and then many, many more to get the great prizes... tedious.

saturnia22, Lyddy, joanc123 and 4 others like this.
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I agree entirely. I love this event but so much time and clicking! :(

I am still going for the one BB Tree to ensure I get something for all my hard work and time (and it does feel like hard work!) but I shall look more closely at the actual figures/time involved before I try this type of event again. :(
    The prizes, however, are exceptional - I just wish they weren't so time consuming to achieve. o_O

saturnia22, Lyddy, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  4. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

I love this event, but fed up clicking:( Too much time trying to find items that are peculiarly named or with just a little bit showing or hidden in the dark,:(:cry:
    This game should be for everyone, not just for those who have all the time in the world to do it,
    You don't even give us a sporting chance BP :(:cry:
    It's all about how much money you can make, >:(

alpenliebe, saturnia22, Lyddy and 2 others like this.
  5. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

What a time-consuming and expensive (RM costs) event!
    And where to get a standard base for the SG tree? This is my first attempt at a Great Chase event.

6. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Great Master

I made enough crops for 130 games. Drops for soot for me were awful, I've 3600 or so in crops left and no soot. I've no extra cash during this time because of less work and the priority is keeping a roof over my head so it ends with an unfinished game for me.
    I'm disappointed yes, because last time for this event I easily finished it. I don't know how many finished this one but I'm sure it cost some $$$. Couldn't they dole out drops sensibly according to the crops? it's not a big ask.

Lyddy likes this.
  7. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

No Jumbo trees, no Magic trees and no BB trees here. I should have just skipped this event and kept my SG, HHCs and farm wheel spins for another event.

8. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

I did the whole event. It's really nice to have events with really worthwhile 'stretch goals' which are difficult to reach even for experienced players, occasionally. I was very happy with the event except for playing all those games. To finish the event you really had to do the 'find all items' game, over 200 times. That's over 12,000 clicks and it's very hard on the hands. I'm not the only one who had hand pain from doing that game.
    It would be better to have a mode where you could, say, spend 5 or 10 tickets and get 5 or 10 times the number of points, to get through the games faster. It seems a bad plan to make your players choose between playing your game or not suffering repetitive strain injury.

9. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Some of the words are really confusing. I'm a native English speaker but a lot of the "items" were things I've never heard of, or heard of but never seen. Bolas? Raygun? Greek amphora? Ancient grimoire? Rosetta stone? Gunny sack? Oxcar was only obvious when you realise it's a play on the word Oscar. The mobile phone looks nothing like a (modern) mobile phone; if anything, it's closer to a game console. And it's very confusing when the Great Chase "hammer" looks totally different to the "hammer" tool we have in-game; in fact, the Great Chase version looks like what we know in-game as a mallet.

I love this game, but half the challenge is just figuring out what I'm supposed to be looking for.

farmerumf likes this.
  10. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.