The Great Kaboom

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Nala777, Mar 4, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

The Great Kaboom

5th of March 2020 - 11th of March 2020
    Difficulty: Medium

Event Crops:

Black Powder Peas

Time: 5 hours and 30 minutes
    Gives (2x2): 220 EP
    Plantable on the
    Main playfield only.

Boom Bamboo
    Time: 5 hours and 30 minutes
    Gives (2x2): 220 TEP
    Plantable on the
    baha plantation playfield only.

Event Drops:

1. Car Battery

You will get these drops when harvesting your Green Meadow from stables and workshops only.

2. Wooden Crate
    You will get these drops when harvesting your Rainforest from trees only.

Mill Product:

Blasting Machine

Ingredients: 27 x Car Batteries + 35 x Wooden Crates + 1 x Bio-glue
    Time: 15 seconds

Required:
    Black Powder Peas: 10,300
    Boom Bamboos: 9,600
    Blasting Machines: 10

(270 x Car Batteries + 350 x Wooden Crates + 10 x Bio-glue)

Ginkgo: 100
    Llamas: 15
    Cocoa Beans: 100
    Anacondas: 15

Rewards:
    19 Golden Bananas
    10 Stars
    10 PF
    1 Box Fish Pool
    1 Stick Insect Biome
    Season Reward Points: 4810
    Have fun everyone :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  2. Flower

Flower Advanced

Thanks for the numbers, Nala.
    It seems people are not very thrilled about this event. :p
    Although the prizes are not all exciting, my farm is ready.

Good luck everyone

KaiCat33, 12ss12, febstar and 4 others like this.
  3. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

At least the Manure prices will still be at a premium :wuerg:xD

4. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Another event which asks way too much for way too little. My farm will collect the drop items (if I get those from whatever is on any field) and patiently wait for a conversion on those.

Keep smiling!

5. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Nala, you always do such a nice thread posting! I am in on this one, 2 crops, one on Mainland and one on Baha both 5:30hr
    and both crop requirements are not that high! IMHO!;) I also think the Box Fish and the Stick insect are good prizes! I guess I am easy to please!:p Now if the drops are good then it should be fun!:music: Good luck to all who choose to do this event!

6. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Doing this one purely for the CR. Everything in the crate will be useful for me, so worth the effort. The prizes along the way are pretty meh - I wouldn't use any resources for them - but I don't have to rip up too much of my farm and if I can get the CR it will pay off eventually.

If I've done my maths correctly, this event requires 19 mainland and Baha harvests.

Mainland:

1st harvest: 10 seeds in 2x2 with SSG applied = 8 per plot, 80 yield
    2nd harvest: 44 seeds in 2x2 = 5 per plot, 220 yield (+ remaining 36 unplanted = 256 in inventory)
    256 in inventory means a further 10,044 crops are required

202 x 3 = 606 yield per harvest
    --> How I got this: 202 1x1 plots + CAC = yield of 4 per plot, -1 per plot for planting = net gain of 3 per plot

10,044/606 = 16.5 (rounded to 17 harvests)

Baha:

1st harvest: 10 seeds in 2x2 with SSG applied = 8 per plot, 80 yield
    2nd harvest: 40 seeds in 2x2 = 5 per plot, 200 yield (+ remaining 40 unplanted = 240 in inventory)
    240 in inventory means a further 9,360 crops are required

188 x 3 = 564 yield
    --> How I got this: 188 1x1 plots on Baha plantation + CAC = yield of 4 per plot, -1 for planting = net gain of 3 per plot

9360/564 = 16.6 (rounded to 17 harvests)

For both crops:

With water + manure, growing time is reduced to 3:58
    You could get around 4 harvests per day this way (example timetable below)
    --> 1. Morning harvest @ 8am
    --> 2. Harvest @ 12pm
    --> 3. Harvest @ 4pm
    --> 4. Harvest @ 8pm
    You could get a 5th harvest at midnight if you work with this timetable and are willing to stay up a little later; or start the harvesting at 7am and fit in a fifth at 11pm. On balance, given work commitments and not necessarily harvesting right when crops are ready, 4 seems like a reasonably expectable number, even if a fifth is technically possible. You could of course also use SG and drastically reduce the growing time, collecting all necessary crops far sooner - this post is simply an indication that you don't need SG to get all required crops in time, if you can make at least 4 harvests a day.

With 4 harvests per day, it would take 5 days to grow all necessary crops (2 initial harvests + 17 full harvests with CAC = 19 harvests). This is without including any other buffs/methods for increasing yields (eg. SSG)

Please correct me if my maths is wrong or if you have a better way of doing it!

My first planting will be right as I'm going to bed, so won't put any time reducers on then. I may use SG on my 2nd harvest - full field of 2x2s - just to get the process going.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    KaiCat33, 12ss12, PeepsPlace and 5 others like this.
  7. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

Baha plantation has space for 188 1x1s or 41 2x2s (with 1x1s and 1x2s along the edges).

Here's what I would do:

Main Field: Black Powder Peas with CAC

Round 1: 10 seeds on 2x2s with SG + SSG (after activating fruit cake and white innocence) = 100 crops total
    Round 2: 100 seeds on 66 1x1s and 34 2x2s = 502 crops total (502 - 100 = 402 net yield)
    10,300 - 502 = 9798 crops needed
    9798 / (202 * 3) = 16.17 additional harvests needed

Baha Plantation: Boom Bamboo with CAC

Round 1: 10 seeds on 2x2s with SG + SSG (after activating fruit cake and white innocence) = 100 crops total
    Round 2: 100 seeds on 70 1x1s + 1 1x2 + 29 2x2s = 488 crops total (488 - 100 = 388 net yield)
    9,600 - 488 = 9112 crops needed
    9112 / (188 * 3) = 16.16 additional harvests needed

A 3rd harvest on the 1st day after the first 2 rounds will leave you with a very relaxed schedule where you can easily grow both event crops 3 times a day over the next 5 days (5 * 3 = 15 harvests), with a little bit of extra to grow on the last day. That's a minimum of 1 overnight harvest and 2 harvests during the day, which is quite doable even for someone with a full-time job. You can use manure, SG and/or SSG, but there's no need to unless you want to finish the event faster.

Then again, most events are doable without using resources or spending real money as long as you're able to harvest 3-4 times a day, so it's not like this event is unique in that regard...

Anyway, if you want to keep certain items out on your main field or baha plantation and don't mind harvesting more frequently but don't have the time to do the math, I suggest reading this guide by -Mir85-.

SahraB, Banjoman, KaiCat33 and 6 others like this.
  8. squigglegiggle

Ah, so it does. I was using the graphic in the basics FAQ, but two of the 1x1s have not been labelled.

I believe my basic calculations still generally stand - the extra two plots don't do enough to reduce the number of harvests required, if you use my basic, buff-free method.

Can I ask - how do you get 100 crops from 10 seeds as quoted below?
    I have never used fruit cake or white innocence, so this may be where the confusion comes from. According to the description it enhances super-grow - does that also include SSG, hence the bonus 2 crops per 2x2 (from 8 to 10)?

9. zerodegrees

With CAC, each 2x2 gives 10 crops: 1 (initial seed) + 4 (net yield) + 2 (CAC) + 3 (SSG)

Fruit cake and white innocence together makes SG 15% more efficient (60% time reduction vs. 75% time reduction). It has no effect on SSG.

KaiCat33, 12ss12, joanc123 and 4 others like this.
  10. squigglegiggle

Oh, I didn't realise you had applied CAC. Thanks!

KaiCat33, 12ss12, PeepsPlace and 2 others like this.
  11. zerodegrees

No problem. :)

If you're talking about this graphic, I think that's what happens when you use the builder to place fields. It's a mess and only shows 40 2x2s when you can take out the extra 1x2 + two extra 1x1s to squeeze in one more 2x2.

I prefer to arrange my fields by hand like this:
    [​IMG]

41 2x2s, 4 1x2s, and 16 1x1s.

Banjoman, KaiCat33, 12ss12 and 7 others like this.
  12. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thank you Nala, for getting the ball rolling! ;)

I like the look of this one - especially drops only coming from one field though that all depends what the drop rate is like, of course! I find the prizes very attractive! No complaints ... yet! xD

I think, as they come from pens/workshops, the Car Batteries will be the hardest to get but the required amount doesn't seem too bad - but, again, we shall see what the rates are. :oops:
    Good luck all! :)

KaiCat33, Nala777, 12ss12 and 4 others like this.
  13. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I was in a hurry yesterday for an early morning appointment and didn't read the FAQs before harvesting my farm. Just planted 24 hour crops thinking this would be the best way to start the event. :oops::p:cry:Instead of getting a good initial harvest of drops, I will be behind and hope I can catch up. I'm so glad the crops are the same length of time. I like the prizes and CR so I will give it a try. Puppy paws crossed :)

14. PeepsPlace

PeepsPlace Junior Expert

I was all excited when I saw 19 Golden Bananas as a prize - the one thing I need the most!!:D.......Then I saw another requirement that I do not have open yet (cocoa beans)....because I-neeeed-Golden-Bananas!!:wuerg:o_O
    This feels like a repeat of the Shark Event which I also missed most of, for the same reason - not enough GB's to open enough requirements to do Events!!
    This Event will make me 'crazy', just thinking about those 19 unreachable GB's!!:cry:

**Which begs the question: Are we ever going to be able to BUY/SELL Golden Bananas in the Market Place????**

So many players have soooo many extra GB's, while others have so few. It just seems reasonable to put them in the Market.

KaiCat33, Nala777, 12ss12 and 2 others like this.
  15. squigglegiggle

They are a form of currency. Just like we can't sell stars or CCs on the market, we can't (and, IMO, shouldn't be able to) sell GBs.

You've kind of answered your own question - so many players have extra GBs. There are way more GBs available in the game than you actually need. They are just hard to earn when you need them, because you can't always access the resources needed to complete things (like this event) that reward them. But over time you do earn enough, and you'll start to earn them quickly, too. Once you have all the crops, trees and animals unlocked, everything is much easier - because the other statues are less expensive.

My tactic was to unlock all the trees, and then unlock all the crops. Trees because you can put them on your field and get some fruit every day, so you can be gaining tree fruit whilst earning GBs for other items (time efficient), and crops because they are what is called for when Baha items are needed. Once you have all those open, everything is much easier. Don't worry about unlocking breeding or menageries until all the essentials are open.

16. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Sorry to hear that Pups - but I am sure you will catch up! Only need 270 (Main - Pens) of one and 350 (Rainforest - Trees) of the other so, paws crossed for you, should be okay! ;)

PeepsPlace, KaiCat33, Nala777 and 4 others like this.
  17. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

For those who do use the builder and want the maximum number of 41 stables/2x2 plots I have discovered a useful trick.

Place a single 1x1 plot or a tree in the topmost left spot. You can do this by hand or use the builder, it is the spot where the builder places the first 1x1 plot/tree. After the 1x1 is in place, you can order the elephant to bring out the stables, and now 41 will fit :p Works both on the baha plantation and in the rainforest.

I also posted a picture in the game strategies thread.

I am halfway in the same boat. Read the FAQ 10 minutes before event start. Had crops in the green meadow, but rainforest had trees, so not too bad. I'm sure we'll do fine pnp :)

kingros, SahraB, PeepsPlace and 12 others like this.
  18. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

:(Had the same problem with my green meadow, but I wasn't going to kill the high level crops that were to come out this morning. Had mostly trees already in the rainforest, so a couple of stables wasn't an issue there. Plenty of time to catch up!

Thanks for the builder idea Mir, plan to try it right now!:)

19. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I did something very silly. I prepared my magical glade with trees instead of rainforest with trees. My rainforest was full of stalls. :pxD

**Edit

After going through all the above posts, it seems I am not alone. Many are keeping me company, that too in different ways. xD :p

joanc123, baw815, zerodegrees and 7 others like this.
  20. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Forum Pro

Thank you Nala, Thank you Mir, and everyone. I'm in....looks like fun.
    I too did something silly, I planted event crop on the mainland, then in a hurry, I planted hibiscus on Baha. :(
    Good Luck everyone. :inlove:

12ss12, joanc123, Willow and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.