Feedback The Great Winter Chase

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by teddy.bear, Dec 10, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

hiddenobjdec2019_news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "The Great Winter Chase" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

This is one of my favorite events, and I am enjoying the festive additions to each scene, while leaving enough familiar items to make it a little easier!

3. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

An XXL sweet chestnut and a Norfolk pine. Best event I've played. Thanx BP

4. dabanix

dabanix Forum Greenhorn

This is definitely the best event You have ever created! Loads of fun and things to do here. Can we have some more in future please ? :)

5. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I too have thoroughly enjoyed this event. It seemed to flow better than the previous hidden objects events. With one harvest, we could have several attempts without getting bored. :)
    I particularly like this mini-game and the prizes both for the games and points are very attractive! :inlove:
    Needless to say, as always, the graphics are superb. :music:

Brookeham likes this.
  6. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Great Master

Sorry, not a fan of this game. Too many items I have no idea what I am even looking for. Ushanka hat, never heard of it. Maka pot? Again never heard of it. I played the 5 free games and each took over 3 minutes to find the items so I never did anything for this event.

baw815 likes this.
  7. nm561

nm561 Forum Mogul

If you want the Game Strategy Discussion thread for this event shows where the items are for the garage, farm yard and kitchen on page 1 of the forum posts; then it lists the bedroom and island on page 2 and the dinner and bakery are listed on page 3.

For your info the Ushanka hat is next to the Santa coat and the Moka Pot is on the shelf between Poinsettia and Lemon juicer.

Cassie101 likes this.
  8. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

I'm getting better at this game, but no amount of coaching or studying the pictures is going to make me good at it.

Well worth doing as hard to figure one field would get 50 million in cc. That alone tips the balance and makes it worthwhile.

Not a complaint but a concern: The Suzy's look so tempting and I'm sure for those good goal. No matter how much I farm these are out of my reach because the game is something I can't master. I don't begrudge other farmers this goal, but it would be nice to see the trees available to those of us who don't have the option of getting them through this mini game.

I could pay outright to win the event, but then the little tree would just be staring at me, and I would need a little pride of ownership that working for something gains. Plus of course it would be overpriced.

9. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I too am loving this event. I won't be able to finish the right side, but if I can get to the 115 games I could get as high as level 95 on the right, which would be just fantastic. Thanks for these incredible rewards (at least they seem incredible to me - GBs have never been so easy to come by!)

10. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

BP should change the name of the event to The Great Winter Rip off. :cry::cry:I am level 220, I've put some serious time in on this event, even got up in the night to farm. I've used masses of super grow and SSG I've only just completed level 100 on the right.
    Far to many items to find, even using all the pictures posted by others.
    Yes I've got some good prizes, but I'm bitterly disappointed that the hellhounds might as well be on the moon as I've no chance of getting them.
    Where's your Christmas spirit BP>:(
    Yet again your greed shines through>:(.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    sunshineaz and SahraB like this.
  11. squigglegiggle

Might just be me, but I've found that the items are not very good at detecting where I'm clicking. In the sense that I often click on the item and it just doesn't register - I need to move the mouse to a very specific point on the item. Makes it difficult in the timed games!

sunshineaz, baw815, farmerumf and 4 others like this.
  12. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

That happened to me too:(

13. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Me three! Very annoying and has cost me points.

14. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Yes I have had the same thing happen too me! The 2 that come to mind are "Wind chimes" in the festive dinner room and "the festive
    garland" in the bakery to name a few there have been others too! When you need points and you are wasting time clicking 2 or more times before it works is NOT fun!

sunshineaz, baw815 and Cassie101 like this.
  15. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Happened to me as well! The garland in the kitchen is the worst!!!!

16. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Yep that kitchen garland took five clicks today.-.-

17. Sister3

Sister3 Regular

Me Too I had expected I could get to the 2 black tailor workshops by today. Not going to happen.
    Very disappointed. Still having slow responses on manual clicks also on the farms. Even the click to post this reply:eek::eek:

Cassie101 likes this.
  18. squigglegiggle

The oil can was also really hard for me to collect, as was the cane.

Cassie101 and Sister3 like this.
  19. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I agree almost all of those thing said above by my fellow players. The mini game should have been more easier.

The negative side.

1. The number of items to find should not have been 60. It should have been between 20 to 30.
    2. The time limit for each mini game should have been less than a minute (with the number of items being reduced drastically) because to finish the right side tasks atleast you need to do more than 200 mini games. 1 1/2 mins for each mini game is very high amount of requirement of our time to be spent in the game.
    3. In some scenes the items to be clicked were very thin or small, you have to click several times to finish clicking it.
    4. In scenes like the garage, most of the items very tiny and took several clicks to make them vanish. It would have been difficult especially for people with eyesight problem and elder players.
    5. Instead of being a pleasure, playing the mini game was a burden on us.
    6. I have severe shoulder pain playing this mini game.

So next time drastically reduce the number of items to found.

On the positive side, the rewards on the right very attractive and useful. But the energy we spend to get it was out of proportionate.

20. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

I am a bit different from others, I absolutely hate mini games, the main reason is due to the time frame it takes to do them, to do the minimum amount of games to finish this to get all rewards was over 5 hours, that would of been with perfect scores using the find the 60 items. This is way too much time. So due to the time frame, I switched to the find 10, and decided to play more games, this as others have stated, was also bad, about 3 items or so on each game was very hard to click, and this caused me not to get the top score of 105 points per game down to 95 per game. I did finish, but will not attempt this type of event again, I will pay closer attention to the FAQ for time requirements. I also agree the time frame for a mini game should be way under a minute, especially when you have to complete over 200 of them. I would rather mill, or grow and throw as others have called it.

On the positive side, I want to thank you for giving us some nice prizes, those have been pretty bad lately, and seems like everything revolves around EP lately, it takes forever to advance in the higher levels, that I dont care about EP at all anymore. Most of the ones that gave EP in this one, was at least high enough it did make a difference.

Cassie101, 12ss12 and Sister3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.