Feedback The Pharaoh's Herbs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Sep 29, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

seedsearchfeb2020_news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "The Pharaoh's Herbs" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. wil2ya

wil2ya Active Author

least impressive cloud row in years I will pass

farmerumf likes this.
  3. KAREBEAR70

KAREBEAR70 Junior Expert

No impressive rewards for this one. I will not participate.

4. RebaFC

RebaFC Junior Expert

Great cloud row from my perspective--allows some instant crops.

The starting market prices for the event crops were set too low by at least a factor or 100. This keeps farmers from selling, which could be a fun aspect of the event.

zerodegrees likes this.
  5. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

I'm not a fan of either this particular mini game or the requirement to play the mini game to earn seeds. That being said, this in my opinion is still the best event in some time in a few regards. First of all, the drops have been sufficient for me to finish the event and then some. Second, the use of fields on both main and bahamarama allowing the player to choose to use both or either and still grow other crops (although I'm still frustrated by the lack of implementation of the so called "event" field). Third, the ability to mill items on either main or bahamarama is always appreciated. Would be nice if we could gift both drop items but otherwise I'm pretty happy with this one.

6. Nikke03

Nikke03 Forum Greenhorn

Too little bahamarama drops!

7. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Padavan

I like the puzzle part of the mini game, but it is tedious to have to get the drops, mill the ankh, play the game, open the seeds, plant the seeds, and harvest them in order to donate the plants for the second part of the game...That being said, its nice to be able to grow regular plants during the event. I also like that I get drops on all the fields, but the drop rate in Baharama is low, even with some of the longer growing plants. I didn't finish, but am way done with the event...

8. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I always enjoy this event, and this one has been no exception. That said, I think the cloud rows were too unattainable here.

I had all my trees out, and the rest of the space filled with crops and animals. Given the requirement to grow crops, there was literally no other arrangement that would have yielded me more drops. And yet I only got halfway to the cloud row. Call me crazy, but one shouldn't have to use dozens of refinements and buffs just to get to the cloud row. The big bonus prizes at the end? Sure. Make refinements etc a requirement to get considerably beyond the cloud row. But the CR should be attainable for the average player.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    tlcsquared and -matselleste- like this.
  9. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

I enjoyed the puzzle part of the quest. I did finish but it was like pulling teeth. The signet ring drops in Baha were far too low. I had to feed every (and I mean every) animal pen Power Feed ALL THE TIME, Trees got Turbo Mulch and Crops got SSG.
    I used ALL my reserves just to make the signet ring drops. The drops on the mainland were fine and mostly obtainable without extra help.
    The cloud row buff reward is a pointless for my taste, as I only use SSG or TM if I absolutely have to (like this last event) but having it last only 6 hours to then wait 90 hours for it to be available again, means that you cannot count on being able to use it when you need to. It's basically a dead row.

farmerumf and imalattanhalka like this.
  10. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

The component of this particular event type that has always been a boon was the ability to sell off excess event crops at the market. This time around, the way we were obtaining event crops, there was no selling until the last 36 hours of the event (which is somewhat typical), but there were very few farmers putting up their excess crops. This means that either very few farmers did the event, or they had very few excess crops, or both. I suspect both.

Honestly, I was happy with parts of this event - I only planted event crops once a day for the most part. All but one farm got all the way to the end on the right side, and the one that didn't was only a couple steps from a complete finish - I just got tired of trying to buy non-existent crops...so I gave up - wasn't worth the waste of time to keep trying. So this was not as time-consuming as other events have been, which was good because my time available for farming is somewhat limited at the moment.

Was it the best event ever? Nope. Was it doable? Yes. Did I enjoy it? All but the mini-game. Those interlocking pieces drove me bonkers. Again, that's just me.

As for the cloud row, I thought it was great - wish it was activate-able every day instead of every 4 days, but if a farmer uses green goo (Super Grow) or tree gunk (Turbo Mulch), then it's a spiffy thing...

11. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

One of my favorite events + a once-in-a-blue-moon opportunity to earn a cloud row that makes instant crops possible = instant winner in my book. :inlove: I've waited years for this game-changing cloud row so thank you thank you thank you for finally granting my wish! :D Also very grateful for the BBs. :inlove:

I did this event on my main farm as well as a few lower-level side farms, and all of them were able to finish without having to use up precious resources. Since I had no trouble completing all tasks (60 on the left and 75 on the right) even on my side farms, I felt the requirements for the cloud row were very reasonable.

Drop rate for golden scarabs was great (good enough that I could keep stables/workshops out on my magical glade even though they didn't give any drops) while the drop rate for signet rings was adequate. Thank goodness trees gave decent drops this time around because it meant I could get away with just one harvest a day on my side farms - can't tell you how badly I needed that as I haven't had a lot of time to farm lately due to real life.

Love the puzzle mini-game, especially since it requires less time to get the max amount of mysterious buds compared to the [incredibly tedious] treasure hunt mini-games we've had in the past. Given how important timing is when it comes to those event crops, I appreciate having a mini-game that I can get through in 10-20 seconds, as well as being able to cancel without incurring a penalty.

My only complaint is, as RebaFC said, the initial market prices for the event crops were set too low, which deterred me from using up some of my resources to produce more event crops to sell on the market.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    xristos-ale3andros likes this.
  12. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.