The Pharaoh's Herbs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ctindaldavies, Sep 30, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Wow... where to start. This one looks like a bit of a free for all. I hope I have calculated these correctly. If you notice anything incorrect or missed, please sing out.

Part 1
    To play the puzzle game you will need 1 Jewelled Ankh to start, milled from Golden Scarabs (23) and Signet Rings (29). You can use either mill for this. Both items can also be gifted to neighbours/friends. *edit* Northy just updated me that it is only the Scarab that can be gifted, contrary to the FAQ.(FAQ has now been amended).

The first Ankh is provided free and you will need an additional 59 to complete all 60 games.

Golden Scarab drops: from Crops and Trees on all 3 main farm fields
    Signet Ring drops : from Crops, Animals, Workshops and Trees on all 3 Baha fields.

Totals required for 59 games
    Golden Scarabs 1357
    Signet Rings 1711
    Each game will give 0-4 Mysterious Buds, depending on how quickly you complete the puzzle. Non completion still counts to the game tally, however, does not give any buds. You will need these for part 2.

Part 2
    Each bud gives 1 random seed of either a Water berry seed, Valley Rose Seed or Prickly Fungus seed.
    Seeds can only be planted on the Main Farm Field, Green Meadow and Baha Plantation. Once harvested the herbs can be donated to the event as required They cannot be replanted to obtain more crops.
    You can also trade surplus herbs back to the game for ones you may be short on (see FAQ), or buy and sell them in the market. These can only be used for donations and not planted to grow more.

Requirements for CR and EP giver items ( 50 Rows)
    Valley Roses 1450
    Water Berries 1920
    Prickly Fungus 1550
    Requirements to complete all 75 levels
    Valley Roses 3720
    Water Berries 3770
    Prickly Fungus 3770
    Good Luck everyone! :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    KaiCat33, Mooboy and imalattanhalka like this.
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thank you CT for starting the thread, I couldn't even begin to get my head round these figures. :wuerg:
    I'm in for this one as long as it doesn't become stressful, my new watch-word in this game as far as events are concerned! :music:

I may try to get enough seeds to do full fields of Comfort Fields ... but it all depends how generous the Mysterious Buds are. As you can tell, I haven't really got a strategy in this one. But I have got loads of SG and SSG! :D
    Good luck all! ;)

Edit: Not sure how CFs will work as they take up 3 seeds per plot and we don't get to plant the ones we grow. Have to think on this one a bit. Maybe just get the drops and worry about the crops later. :oops:

Another Edit: I am sure the bonus EP and +1 event plant prizes take effect immediately so watch out you don't miss your chances of extra event crops ... :eek:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    KaiCat33, Mooboy and ctindaldavies like this.
  3. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

According to this situation:
    It makes more sense to use a 2x2 field when propagating plants. ?
    1 seed = CAC + SSG + 2x2 fields = 11 plants.

KaiCat33, dumbunny and ctindaldavies like this.
  4. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

How do you get the seeds???
    >:(>:(>:(

KaiCat33 likes this.
  5. illy1996

If you mean with the +1 bonus, I agree with you as one 1x1 will give you 5. :)

BUT, you will only be able to put out 44 2x2s in a field which can only give you a bonus of 44 extra plants. A field of the equivalent in 1x1s will give you 176 extra plants. :oops:

So I think my strategy is to wait till I can activate all four of the plant bonuses (giving +7 extra each plot). I have already done 9 games so I will have to mill another 31 Jeweled Ankh, then plant as many as I can in 8 hours. :music:
    Hope I'm right and also that I get the necessary drops! :D

Bhodho, you need to use the Jewled Ankhs to play the domino-type game and you will be given Mysterious Buds as rewards for a lot of the levels. If you get stuck, just exit the game and then re-enter and try again. I have experimented and you don't lose the turn.;)
    I have not yet managed more than five Mysterious Buds but I'm hoping it will be enough. :)
    Also, towards the end of the game, plants will be up for grabs in the Market as IpsiDei says in a later post. :)

To the Moderator: Sorry, I didn't realise I had double posted. Please accept this large hamper of chocolate goodies. Goodness knows, you Mods deserve a little pampering! :inlove:

KaiCat33, RowSie and ctindaldavies like this.
  6. imalattanhalka

Yes, 1x1 is the right decision for normal plants. But in this event, 2x2 seemed more logical to progress step by step. I do not think I will have enough seeds to plant in all fields at the same time. I am impatient. I take some drops and plant plants, then I plant to get some more drops :)

KaiCat33 and ctindaldavies like this.
  7. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Connoisseur

On the last day of the event, the market trade will be lively again as the plant lots change owners.
    This has been the case at least on previous occasions. ;)

8. ctindaldavies

Oh its a real mess isnt it. All the EP bonuses are going to waste because who is going to plant 4 seeds. Pfft.
    I've done 6 games because thats all the signet rings I could get. And as for that +1 kicking in straight away when you get it, on a best case scenario you will have approx 90 seeds to plant when it kicks in.
    The drops arent that great either. I tested some instant roses on 2x2. Normally that would give 1 drop each plot. It was only 50%.
    I give up for now and am going to bed.
    So far, I am not liking this event, puzzle part aside.

KaiCat33 and imalattanhalka like this.
  9. illy1996

I do agree with what you say, I have done this event before in exactly the same way - normally I cannot wait either. This time, though, I think I will be concentrating on getting the drops to play the games and will be growing longer crops for FSQs which will help me in other aspects of the game. :music:

KaiCat33 and ctindaldavies like this.
  10. alcidaesmom

alcidaesmom Forum Apprentice

AH HA! FInally figured it out myself - on the game board, on the bottom right, is a place to click open - then it asks how many pouches you want to open

11. illy1996

If you can just keep milling those Ankhs until you have enough to get to level 31, play the games up till then, in between the prizes are 12 Mysterious Buds you will have quite a few seeds from 192 Mysterious Buds (bearing in mind that 5 Mysterious Buds gave me 17 seeds*). :D

*Sorry, misleading - I got 17 seeds from the first 12 Mysterious Buds in the event and 5 more from beating the clock!).

I am a little discombobulated as I keep forgetting that we can't re-plant the plants we harvest so I may be completely confusing everything and everybody ... please don't follow me blindly. Do the sums, tell me if I'm wrong, please! o_O

Sorry Bhodho if you meant how do you get the seeds once you have won them! Too many complications for my little brain! :oops:

Willow, KaiCat33 and imalattanhalka like this.
  12. ctindaldavies

Nope, sorry it didnt give you 17 seeds. I got caught out the same way. The first free Ankh you use gives you 12 free seeds. That's where the extra 12 came from. xD I got caught exactly the same way.

Yeh I am not planting any seeds any time soon. I have a total of 6 Ankh. 212 scarabs sitting in the barn and wait for it....... 3 signet rings.

KaiCat33 likes this.
  13. imalattanhalka

6 Ankh. I had it too. I spent. But I have 73 scarabs left. What did you sew to get this number of drops? I had planted cloves in two fields. I had planted a saquaro in the Bahamara. What have I done missing?

KaiCat33 likes this.
  14. illy1996

Yes, okay, now I see. I thought it was a lot ... xD

KaiCat33, spotsbox and ctindaldavies like this.
  15. ctindaldavies

I started with carnations on all 3 fields which gave me 181, I milled 115 for 5 Ankh. After that I ran 2 x harvests of 8 minute roses on both the main field and green meadow. Drop rate is not brilliant.

KaiCat33, alpenliebe and spotsbox like this.
  16. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

I had reeds out on 3 main fields for a total of 411 scarabs, but misread the FAQs so only had bittersweet on Baha for 240 signet rings, giving me enough to mill 8 ankh. We were rushed yesterday and I did my usual quick perusal of the FAQs, leaving me less than well prepared for the start of this event. :p I forgot the plants don't replenish, so of course planted all mine right away thinking I needed to get growing. AND I activated my flower CR, so my faster SG is mainly just going to waste :cry:. To try to compensate for the low signet drops due to my poor planning, I've put out a field of mystery stables on Baha hoping they will act as CFs and give me a ring from every one, plus planted chayote with tiki timer; we'll see if this does the trick. Perhaps most maddening is that I won the 100% harvest bonus on the wheel, which would be awesome if we were doing a grow and throw, but not quite as useful for this :wuerg:. Oh well, I'll grow some crops I'm low on and just enjoy the game. :) Meanwhile, I'm gonna have a nice big mug of coffee and try to wake up so I don't keep messing up. xD

Out of curiosity, has anyone made the switch to Unity yet? I admit I'm a little intimidated to try. o_O

17. 456farmer123

456farmer123 Padavan

I tried and that's the only way I could access Renzo LOL. I think the developers did a great job, a bit of bugs and kinks to work out but I have great hope for next year

18. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Bhodho - did you figure out how to get seeds? You have to play the mini-game - faster you complete it, more seeds you get!

Yes - according to the informational pages Renzo's Fair is only available if using the Unity Beta.

Don't forget to use the code OPENBETA to get your goodies!

And my farms are all in as far as they can go... and THANK YOU ctindaldavies, for starting the thread and crunching the numbers. I also agree with imalattanhalka - use 2x2 fields for event plants - at least until we amass enough to justify switching to 1x1s. Also - don't forget to use longer crops on any field you don't have event crops on - especially overnight to improve morning drop rate.

19. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Thanks for the code, dumbunny! Didn't know Renzo was going on, so maybe if I hold my breath and close my eyes and just jump, the fall into Unity won't be so scary. I wonder if I make the switch on my laptop, whether I'll still be able to access my game from my tablet? I know the FAQ states Unity isn't currently available for android devices, I'm just curious whether the change is across all platforms, or just limited to the device you're on? I'm not very techo savvy, if you couldn't tell. :pxD

20. ctindaldavies

I would imagine it's all platforms. There is no better way to get a game ready than to open it to the masses and push it to it's limit xD.
    I'm rather excited as the forum finally looks like the old one with all the bug reports LOL. It means stuff to read!
    I was going to give Unity a shot on both Edge and Chrome (Edge uses Chromes engine so they should run similarly), but thought I would wait until I had more time to look at it. So Renzo's is open all the time now? Or just during the testing stage?

I put in daffodils and bonnet cactus overnight. They'll be ready just before I head off to work. Anything longer and it goes to waste sitting there. The signet rings are going to be slow going. Its a shame they arent what can be gifted.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    KaiCat33, alpenliebe and sanddollar15 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.