The Puzzle of Herbs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Nala777, Feb 26, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

The Puzzle of Herbs
    27th of February 2020 - 4th of March 2020
    Difficulty: Easy - Hard

Event Drops:
    Golden Scarab
    [​IMG]
    You will get these drops when harvesting your crops, trees, stables and workshops
    on the 3 main lands only.

Signet Ring
    [​IMG]
    You will get these drops when harvesting your crops, trees, stables and workshops
    on the 3 tropical lands only.

Mill Product:
    Jeweled Ankh
    [​IMG]
    Ingredients: 27 x Golden Scarabs + 26 x Signet Rings
    Time: 15 seconds

Event Crops:

Water berry seed

Time: 4 hours
    Gives (2x2): 156 EP

Valley rose seed

Time: 6 hours
    Gives (2x2): 280 EP

Prickly fungus seed

Time: 8 hours
    Gives (2x2): 432 EP

Plantable on the 3 main lands only!
    Only seeds won from the Mysterious Buds can be planted on your fields.

Once harvested, the seeds reward Herbs that are then able to be donated to the Herb side of the Task list.

The harvested Herbs cannot be replanted, to receive more seeds to plant, you need to open more Mysterious Buds.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks for starting the thread Nala! :)

I am all in for this one but everything is dependent on how the drop rate goes. I will try to collect as many Mysterious Buds as possible before activating the + 1/2/3 extra event crop prizes. Tricky though, as we can only collect 60 Mysterious Buds before the first three "extra" harvest levels and only 48 before the +3 extra event crop level so won't be able to get the benefit of full fields.:music:
    Let's hope that the drops are good to us. Good luck all! ;)

Edit: I have just been messing with the figures - and you know how good I am at that! :p

My totals to finish all 60 - :wuerg: - levels are:

Water Berry Seeds: 3,650
    Prickly Fungus Seed: 3,670
    Valley Rose Seed: 3,830

Total Seeds required: 11,150

We get 776 Mysterious Buds from the 60 levels of the mini-game plus any extras we may get if we manage to solve the puzzle before the time is up. o_O

Now, I know we can't plant any event seeds that we harvest but I can't see anywhere that we can't use buffs (CAC, SG) and Comfort Fields - hope I'm right.:D

Finally, we can buy seeds from fellow farmers at the Market or swap between event seeds. :oops:

Easy to Hard ... it looks hard but maybe I am missing something. What's new? xD

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  3. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Yup, so tricky.;) And don't forget to use only 2x2 plots as the seeds are not replantable, once harvested they will produce herbs . 1x1s would be yielding 4 if CAC applied, while 2x2s would give 7.

4. illy1996

Okay, I deleted my post cos I understand now! :eek:
    Just hope I can do well with the mini-game lol! :music:

5. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Good advice, Nala! I used to forget about using the 2x2s before I had the baby farms. If you apply suzy's super grow the yield on a 2x2 is 10 (with CAC).

Here's the thing, I've always wound up with extra herbs and I've generally made a small fortune in CCs selling those extra herbs on the market. So this event is one that is a win-win-win - nice cloud row, decent prizes and make some CCs from the extra event crops.

The one head scratcher is why the final prize is a red chamois stall. I'm pretty sure that they are very common at this point in time after the San Gigantica Express event - even my baby farms managed to get one from that event!

swCactus1, KaiCat33, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  6. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Nala for all the information and starting the thread! I am too busy in RL right now so I WILL NOT be attempting this event! Good luck to all you farmers doing this event!;)

7. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Excellent tip on the 2x2, thanks for that! I did not manage to get a red chamois, with 27 attempts from the train! So I am happy to see that.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, after playing enough games to get the 60 mysterious things, then you can quickly play enough to get sixty more, and thus get the benefit from the next bonus. If you have time, and plan to use a bunch of SG, you can keep going and overlap the next bonus as well... My plan is to wait until Sunday morning, which is when I'll have both eight hours to play as I please, AND enough drops (hopefully) to do all the games, and just... have at it.

8. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Thank you so much for the advice. I would have gone for 1x1, if I have not read your post. Thanks Nala. :inlove:

My brain is now addled with lots of sections from all sorts of Law, Bare Acts etc., It is refusing to accept any more facts or reasoning. It nearly took me few hours to understand that 2 sentence of your's. I had to give a break to grasp it. Only now understood. :pxD :p

:inlove: Thanks for this remainder too.

I can understand that I did something like this in the previous event. I will read your post once again tomorrow morning and calculate the timings according to Indian Time. My brain can't take anymore. :p Its boycotting me.xD

Cassie101, KaiCat33, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  9. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

*Yawn* Another grow and throw. At least the poo prices didn't drop too far after the MM event.
    I think I'll try to make some CCs ;)

swCactus1, KaiCat33, Willow and 5 others like this.
  10. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

Thanks Nala for starting this thread! I haven't decided if I want to participate in this one yet. CR is for EP and I don't care about EP - I like the goodies! I don't have a Red Chamois and only one Chamois stable - so that part is tempting...
    Will decide once the event starts.

11. browndoggies97

browndoggies97 Active Author

1x1 is equal to 4 of the 2x2. so if 1x1 gives 4 with cac then you get 16. Compared to 2x2 only getting 7. why would you recommend only doing 2x2 plots. makes no sense.

KaiCat33 and Nala777 like this.
  12. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Great Master

There's been one like this before, the quilt thing and another one I can't remember. Anyhow I won't be doing this one; it's a lot of calculations to get the amounts just so, and I spent probably (at the last hour) a couple hundred million, being short on seeds so I'm going to sit this out.
    I'll send gifts to my neighbors throughout. good luck everyone.

13. illy1996

For each seed you plant, with 1x1s you will get 4 crops with CAC. With four 1x1s (4 seeds) you will get 16.

If you plant 2x2s with CAC, for each seed you plant, you will get 7 crops so for four 2x2s (4 seeds) you will get 28.
    I too struggled with this for quite a while but then the penny dropped! :music:

Another excellent tip! Though it may not be possible, I would like to save all my Mysterious Buds until I have enough enough Jeweled Anchors to play the 38 games needed to get all four bonuses active at the same time lol! :D
    Now how long before I can get 999 Golden Scarabs and 962 Signet Rings! :wuerg:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    swCactus1, KaiCat33, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  14. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Attention @farmer_broke , I know you don't like junking, but this is high time to grow some event plants and make some (ahem , actually millions of ;)) quick CCs.;) You will never regret it. :)
    P.S. Thank you for sending me Wilsons :pxD

15. [ABIYENTO16]

[ABIYENTO16] Forum Greenhorn

Is there any information that seems to be 0 activity plants?

Last edited by moderator: Feb 27, 2020
    Nala777 and KaiCat33 like this.
  16. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

From the FAQ:

* Is there anything else I should know?

Yes! You need to collect drops to mill the special item to play the mini-game. The event has 2 parts -

1) Each Game played, counts towards the "Played Games" Bar to earn rewards. Each game played earns you Mysterious Buds to win the special seeds to grow.
    2) Sow the special seeds to harvest Herbs to donate to the "Task List" and earn rewards.

Good luck with the event!:)

17. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Thanks @Farmers.Almanac for dropping by. Nice to see you here. :)
    If someone just wants to get the CR+givers , and is just not interested in growing event crops, just get enough drops to mill 40 Jeweled Ankhs (39 to be exact as each player has received 1 Jeweled Ankh for free). Have fun everyone:D

18. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Forum Pro

Thank you Nala, llly and everyone. I'm in. I love this event...love the mini game. Good Luck everyone. :inlove:

Nala777 and joanc123 like this.
  19. browndoggies97

browndoggies97 Active Author

When you plant 1x1 you put down 4 plants and get 16 which is a plus 12 crop. when you put down 2x2 you put down 1 and you get +6. i dont see how you think 2x2 is better. The bonus for 1x1 over what you put in is 2 times what you put in for 2x2. please help me understand. im confused. i initially use +3 more crops but get twice the bonus.

For example if i do one field of 44 2x2. I use 44 to get plus 264. If i use 44*4 1x1 that 176. i plant 176 plants and get 528 bonus plants over the 176 i planted. 1x1 gets double what 2x2 gets in bonus over what i use.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 27, 2020
    Nala777 likes this.
  20. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

In your example, 44 x 2x2 gives 308-44 seeds giving a net yield of 264. If you took the same 44 seeds and sewed them in 1x1 plots, your harvest would be 176 - 44 seeds giving you a net yield of 132. The 2x2 plots give a greater output :)

This event is a little different than most crop events. The seeds you sew become plants to donate to the event and cannot be replanted. You have to get more seeds from the mini games.

It is better to begin seeds in 2x2 than 1x1. The explanation you quote from illy is correct.

A single seed in 2x2 with CAC gives you 7 crops.
    A single seed in 1x1 with CAC gives you 4 crops.

You don't compare the space of 4 1x1 to 1 2x2 but rather how many mature plants can be gained from the same number of seeds.

4 2x2 seeds gives you 28 plants
    4 1x1 seeds gives you 16 plants.

:)

Edit: Any suggestions for the puzzles? I did the free one on 2 closed farms and took too long (way too long). :(

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Cassie101, Nala777, SahraB and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.