Feedback The Puzzle Of Herbs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Feb 26, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "The Puzzle of Herbs" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. Chloe3456

Chloe3456 Someday Author

Ok, I'm the first. I normally don't post comments but I really hate this mini game. The puzzles are extremely hard and it takes me almost 8 mins on every puzzle. I get some quicker but most, I do not. Unfortunately, you must be faster to get enough seeds to succeed. I usually love puzzles but this one is too hard, too time consuming and frustrating. I will stop playing the event as of today because I really am frustrated and annoyed with it. Please do not repeat this mini game again. I don't know if any other players feel the same way I do about the puzzles. I hope I'm not the only one. A different mini game would have been better. Something a lot faster and doesn't require you to be real good at it in order to succeed in an event. Just my opinion.:p

3. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

I totally agree with everything Chloe wrote. :(

4. lets.have.some.fun

lets.have.some.fun Forum Greenhorn

I am really upset over the pricing of the event crops, We used to could sell these at such high prices, but this time the price has barely moved, I know alot of us prepared for this event and was looking forward to making some nice amounts of CCs, I used up a lot of SSG and SG only to find out you changed the way the pricing went up, no matter how many I sold yesterday the price would NOT go up, and today it has changed but only by a couple CCS this is unfair!!!!!!! I also bought two baskets to prepare for my selling spree.:mad:>:(>:(:(:cry::wuerg:

Lea2191 and Nala777 like this.
  5. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

How is it unfair?

I do agree with the above commenters that the mini game is pretty tough. Sometimes I can get them done in a matter of seconds, but other times it has taken me 3 minutes or so.

Nala777 and Chloe3456 like this.
  6. lets.have.some.fun

lets.have.some.fun Forum Greenhorn

l
    For those of us that went into this event for different purposes, other than the cloud row, it is not the same as it used to be is what I am trying to say. There is something wrong somewhere, I sold crops all day yesterday and the max price never moved, I understand pretty much how the dynamic pricing works and that is the thing, it took over 24 hours for the prices to change, the selling price always started out much higher, and when my items sold, the price still never changed. I know sometimes the pricing takes a while to grow to a good price, but it never moved at all! Like when new animals come out, they start at a low price, but every time you sell one, the next one you can sell for a little more, but this never happened.

The mini game I have not had much problems with, but I used to play that kind of game alot, but I see a lot of people are struggling with it, I feel your pain, some mini games I just cant catch on to, and its fustrating when we grow what is needed, then have to grow extra because we are not good at the mini games. I am different with my feelings on mini events too, LOL I absolutely hate them, I would just rather have events with no mini game, just grow, mill dontate and be done, while others love the mini games, they are just too time consuming for me.

I would like to see more cloud rows that do not just give EP, I like crates, and again, thats my opinion, I know the EP is what a lot of players like, I just play a little different than others. I wish they could have more that didnt revolve around EP. It takes Billions of EP to level up over level 200, so most people want the EP items, but to me, you need so much of it, I dont like that goal of leveling up anymore, it just takes to long, so I concentrate on other goals now.

I do have to say The prizes are pretty good on this event, but I hadnt planned on donating for the prizes, I was just going to sell the crops, but now I will just donate and get the variety of prizes for doing that, and next time, just will not prepare to sell. So I guess I will just have to be happy with the prizes since I have all these crops now, I am not selling event crops that I used SSG, SG and some PF too, for under 100 CCs.

Nala777 and Cassie101 like this.
  7. squigglegiggle

Event structures change. There was apparently a time when the carnival queen gave out lots and lots of bananas (I was away for that event), but then that was changed. BP tinkers with these events until they find a structure that works for them. I agree it is disappointing that the crops are no longer sold for those high prices, but that doesn't make it unfair. It isn't an injustice.

Nala777 and Cassie101 like this.
  8. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Chloe, if you can't see the solution in under a minute, exit and re-enter. You'll get another selection and sometimes easier and you won't have lost your "life". ;) Keep at it, as it is fun once you know you can exit if struggling with a particular combination. :)

9. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I have always enjoyed this event. It is different and requires a bit of strategy. The prizes are good for the amount of work involved. I do like the fact that most of these mini-games do offer a way to allow us to get the maximum reward by exiting and returning. The tradeoff is time spent. I love the graphics of this event, both the crops and the scenes. It is my personal belief that allowing excess crops to be sold is more of a detriment than an encouragement, but that is neither here nor there. I am just glad that it is not a usual occurrence.

I like that fact that for the most part, this event encourages the use of 2x2 and therefore, people without the harvester machinery are not at a disadvantage. Would like to see more events with this structure (ducks the projectiles aimed by those who disagree).

10. ..Jethro..

..Jethro.. Forum Apprentice

Not much fun this game...

Cassie101 likes this.
  11. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

I like this format

The format is good several reasons. The primary benefit is that you get the tokens to play the game based on drops only. For those not good at the game, they don't have to waste time growing something and then the frustration of a game they are not good at.

I am ok at this mini-game, but in the search game is really terrible and I can never hope to get the prizes. However, in the search game I have to grow the crop only to fall short after putting in my grow time.

For those really terrible at the game, at least they are not wasting grow time.

On the negative side:

The prices are artificially low. Clearly the prices are too low because I can't buy any crop. None are available. The economic principle of supply and demand shows that where prices are artificially kept low by price controls there will be shortages. I was going to sell and not do the right side of the event, but the prices are so low I didn't want to sell. Of course, on the flip side no one who wants to buy can buy because there is no crop available.

No limit would be best because if it is priced too high, no one will buy. Plus in the past the price dropped greatly at the end of the event when everyone had an excess. Even though the price started high, it never finished high.

It's as of a game almost entirely based on supply and demand the developers of the quest don't understand supply and demand. Nothing is fun about needing a few crops only to not have them because you won't allow the market to work.

12. squigglegiggle

I honestly do not know how you are supposed to get more than 40-45 games.

I have all my baha trees out, and about 20-25 stables filling in the rest of the space. And yet I have only just scrounged up enough baha drops to get the 40 mini games done, with about 12 hours of the event remaining. I may get enough drops for a 41st game, but no more. Short of paying exorbitant amounts in either BBs or real life money, I don't see what more I could have done to increase the drops.

Of course, because I completed so few mini games, I've only been able to grow enough crops to get to level 35 on the right hand side. I will probably get to around 37 or 38. Granted, I didn't use CAC, but I did make full use of SSG, comfort fields and the bonuses given from completing mini games.

Normally I can see how events can be finished with full effort and perhaps a little boost of RL money, but in this instance I simply don't understand what more I could have done (there was nothing available to me that would have made a significant difference - CAC would have helped some, but not significantly), short of paying RL money. And RL money should not be required to complete half the event. It should provide a bonus, not be necessary for completion past the bare minimum.

baw815 and Cassie101 like this.
  13. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

I will not be able to make CR for this event. I managed to play all the games requiring an ankh with good times and still will not gain enough crops to complete for CR.
    I never once saw any crops in my market - so buying was never an option.

Totally disappointed in this event overall - Completion not easy.

baw815 and Cassie101 like this.
  14. squigglegiggle

The CR doesn't require crops. You just need to complete 40 games - the CR is won on the left hand side of the event, as are all the givers required for the CR.

15. squigglegiggle

Thanks for your advice re crops for drops - will try that next time.

I didn't use the comfort fields with the +3 bonus - I did the maths and figured out that it was not going to be as high a yield per seed.

-Mir85- likes this.
  16. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

That's good.

Sorry, I just moved my post to the game strategy thread, I meant to post it there initially since it wasn't suited for the feedback thread.

17. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I liked the concept of this game but found it a little frustrating. To maximise the extra crop bonuses, it was necessary to have enough seeds to plant - I am afraid I was a little too keen to get going so wasted probably all my bonus crop prizes except the +3. My fault but still annoying. :(
    The mini game was fun initially although I was getting a little bored towards the end. 8)

On the positive side, I liked that the games were reliant on drops and that the drops were not bad - enough to do all 60 games plus a few more, in my case anyway. :music:
    The prizes were very good - I do like getting BBs from events. :inlove:

I liked that we had several ways to try to finish the event: keep playing the games (even if they did only gave four seeds after the first 60 games), swap seeds with Siegfried or buy from others in the Market.:D
    The best thing of all that I liked - I finished the event! xD

baw815 likes this.
  18. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.