Feedback The Trail of Lights V2

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Jul 13, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

omnilayerjul2021_news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "The Trail of Lights" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

This is one I'd really like to do as the prizes are good - however it requires our entire farm(s)!:eek::eek:...and there is no way I'm ripping/messing up my entire farm!:cry:-.-:cry:

WHY IS THERE SUCH A PROBLEM (NOT) STRUCTURING THESE EVENTS ON THE EVENT FIELD????????!!>:(

I'm really disappointed.

ç.çiftçi, Sue46 and Laurelei like this.
  3. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

Hey farmlily, not the WHOLE farm, you still have Crystal Falls and the Green Meadow. :p

I'm being sarcastic; of course, you're right and the lack of response to a majority of the feedback around here is pretty appalling. It's like they take our feedback and do exactly the opposite, or double down on everything we hate and eliminate everything we like.

4. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

Lol! Thanks for the laugh, Laurelei!:D

I really would like to do this one (the prizes are good this time) but not at the expense of my Farm. Yes, I have Prime, but the last time I used the Save feature, four new Crooked Trees turned into 3!

I've also agreed with your posts about them ignoring the feedback they keep asking for.
    This one seems like it might be a bit better, though - at least the prizes are...so maaayybe it's getting through??!:eek::oops::music::)

BlackCaviar likes this.
  5. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I have ripped up my farm several events back and still yet to put them up. I cannot even place my menagerines, manufactories and Arboretums back yet. So I am in for the event. Ripping up and replacing them once again is a great task. So please do something to make it easier.

farmlily3 and ç.çiftçi like this.
  6. strikoroba

strikoroba Active Author

The prizes may be great, but can someone explain me how is it possible to set allowance for 3 piccolo boxes at 180 coins each if the total allotment of coins we get from the whole event is 270?....??? If my math skills are still there the max one can buy is only 1.

farmlily3, ç.çiftçi and 12ss12 like this.
  7. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I am editing this as I have just noticed there are coins to be won on special tiles which may make those more attractive prizes attainable. :music:
    But why so complicated? Why do we have to mill the first seeds to get going? It doesn't really add interest to the event. -.-

I will make an effort but it all depends how the drops fall. If they are as rare as in the last event, I shall stop and go back to normal farming. 8)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  8. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Pro

The Special tiles can be harvested every 10 hours:
    • Tile 4 rewards 8 Star Coins
    • Tile 6 rewards 12 Star Coins
    • Tile 12 rewards 8 Star Coins
    • Tile 14 rewards 12 Star Coins
    • Tile 20 rewards 8 Star Coins
    • Tile 22 rewards 12 Star Coins

9. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

A quote from a player on the DE forum: "Unfortunately, it is now the order of the day to only write negative, no matter what the operator offers. One of the reasons why many people avoid the [discussion threads] now, I am losing the desire to write anything at all."

One by one, the farmers whose posts I enjoy reading are going silent or writing comments along these lines (with many likes). While it's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling this way, it's also incredibly sad. :cry:

10. strikoroba

strikoroba Active Author

Thank you IpsiDei! Did not see that piece.

IpsiDei and ç.çiftçi like this.
  11. KAREBEAR70

KAREBEAR70 Junior Expert

The prizes are good but I'm not willing to rip up my farm-again. Plus the added hassle of milling the first seeds. Also i have a life outside of my farm so I'll give this one a pass.

farmlily3 likes this.
  12. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

I actually spend less time on my farm during events. First b/c event crops are fairly long and I'm putting in long time crops on other fields for drops....and not many animals. The glowkin is an 8 hr. crop....so I'm barely able to get 3 harvests in.....that is when I have enough starter seeds to do a whole field.
    I've been thinking that maybe that is what the current owners of BP want.....for us to spend less time logged into our farms. Why else would they not work out the login issues or spinning flower/need to refresh every 5 minutes?

13. Growalot

Growalot Old Hand

Firstly, hats off to the designers of this event and I hope there are more like this in the future. I am really enjoying this event and am crossing my fingers, eyes and toes to get the CR and at least 2 piccolo boxes. I also like using most of the fields as it is a break from normal farming, plus having the option to freely use one field, in this case Crystal Falls, to continue with FSQs or crop building. It's also great having decent access to MM, and the use of other fields to plant longer crops for more drops without impacting event crops. I completed the glowkins section first to take advantage of the remaining time to work on my MM goals. I never have a problem with ripping up fields for worthwhile events like this as I see it as a fresh start for new goals and new set ups when the event has finished.

Update at end of event: The only criticism I have is that less than 30 coins remaining can't be used for any rewards. I have 18 coins left over and it would have been nice to use them for a simple reward such as a couple of SGs or PFs i.e. a reward of 5 SGs for 5 coins.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  14. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I was prepared to grump about the whole "one crop at a time" thing, but I found it to be a really great thing! I especially liked that we could move on to the next crop before the toughest last step of each level. As always, I like the chance to choose what prizes to take away. Like a lot of people, I have trouble remembering to harvest my fairy lights every time, but I, too, loved this event and would like to see more along these lines.

habalala, tlcsquared, upa70 and 2 others like this.
  15. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I agree that I didn't like the look of this one bit. I am not good at interpreting complex FAQs (even easy ones can have me guessing!) but once I got the hang of it, I am enjoying the pace. It's great that we can start the next crops before finishing the previous ones. Also lots of choice of prizes to suit all needs. The only problem for me is making a choice! :D

Thank you, although on first sight it looked tough, it is pretty pleasurable - and gives ample opportunity to continue with our other goals on our farms. :inlove:

16. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Now that we are on the tail end of this event I have to say I have loved it. Please repeat this one in future. I like pretty glowy spooky looking crops.
    In the end I didn't mind ripping up everything, and with a bit of planning I did manage to get other things done that I wanted but it wasn't easy. I really did enjoy this one.
    However, utilizing all farming fields does have it's pitfalls. No stables. No manure. Because you moved the main field drops to the Green Meadow, it meant no stables could even be placed there. Manure on my market got to over 9000cc for 1 item. Thats nearly 1 million CC for 100 manure! Disgusting and unsustainable. Actually I am getting used to running events now with no manure. I have said it many times before and will say it again, 2 events running each week is too much. I know we can choose not to do them but it's near on impossible for addicts.

17. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Padavan

I enjoyed this event. It was nice to have an event where some of the lower level players (and those of us with messy real lives) could finish without too much stress. I even mistakenly milled the wrong seeds:eek:--after saving up 50 elixirs(and I did it twice!...I'm just that good!xD)--but was still able to complete the event. I even got some nice prizes.

On the other hand, I found it to be difficult to find things on the event page. I didn't feel like the paths were clearly laid out and it was a little too cluttered and dark for me to be able to follow the exact trail. I also found it hard to see the special tiles where we could receive the additional stars as it all seemed a bit (visually) dark for me.

Over all, I liked this event and would love to see more events in the "Medium" difficulty range.

Laurelei and habalala like this.
  18. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Pro

Now it was an event of the kind I missed and liked.
    This was Farmerama at its best.
    There was also no shortage of drops.
    Even diligence received a small bonus in the prizes.

Even the introduction of Magical Glade didn’t bother.

Thank you. :)

PS. Nice that the seasons are not the only reason to play. ;)
    I really enjoyed the seasons, so thank you for them too.

Laurelei, asta.neiti and habalala like this.
  19. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

I have to admit, this one turned out to be a nice event. Even though it required a lot of resources and time, the fact that it rotated over all the fields gave time to do other things and the drops were generous. The prizes were decent and the fact that you could shop for what you want was cool. I have a hard time remembering to salvage timed prizes like the fairy lights, but that is just old lady brain.

farmlily3 likes this.
  20. zarasox

zarasox Someday Author

I really enjoyed this event and the graphics plus I picked up some nice rewards. Sadly I was unable to finish all three paths so would prefer to be able to work on them simultaneously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.