The Trail of Lights V2

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ctindaldavies, Jul 14, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

FAQ
    SOS ( for drop requests)

Starts: Wednesday, 14th of July at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2)
    Ends: Tuesday, 20th of July at 22:00 CEST (UTC+2)

This is a progressive event through all 3 areas of the game.

There are 3 event crops
    Glowcoconut 6.6 hrs - Bahamarama Plantation and Rainforest
    Glowkin 8hrs - Full Moon Field and Mushroom Forrest
    Glowcus 5hrs - Main Farm and Magical Glade.

As per the last event there are no starter seeds booked. 5 Glow Elixer will be given to start and will be replenished every 5 hours if you drop under 5 in stock. Choose where you want to start and you will be issued with a silver key which will give you 9999 of either Coconut seeds, Pumpkin Seeds or Crocus seeds to MILL your starter seeds.

You must complete the area you are currently working on before you can receive a silver key to progress to the next area of your choosing.

Drop Item : Pyro Powder
    You will get these drops when harvesting your main field, green meadow, bahamarama plantation, the rainforest, full moon field and mushroom forest from crops and trees only!. ** care - green meadow not magical glade**

You will be rewarded star coins in the game to buy crates, stables, picolo boxes etc. The game itself if completed will reward 270 star coins.
    There are special tiles which will reward bonus coins.
    The Special tiles can be harvested every 10 hours:
    • Tile 4 rewards 8 Star Coins
    • Tile 6 rewards 12 Star Coins
    • Tile 12 rewards 8 Star Coins
    • Tile 14 rewards 12 Star Coins
    • Tile 20 rewards 8 Star Coins
    • Tile 22 rewards 12 Star Coins
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Requirements:
    Glowcus 7276
    Glowkins 4959
    Glowconuts 6430
    Pyro Powder (drop) 3460

Thanks to Northy for confirming the calculations

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  2. m_adele12

m_adele12 Forum Apprentice

Good catch on the pyro drops on the Green meadow NOT the magical glade where the crops are grown. Unfortunately I had already moved my stables to the green meadow as I intend to do that trail first and set up the glade for long growing crops. I hate changing my glade. The air was a little blue here when I read that though. I mean... Why???? Oh well I'm not removing them now even though it will effect the drops. I calculate an average of 577 drops per day will be needed so may have to change this depending on the drop rate. Just have to wait and see. Thanks for doing all the calcs.

3. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Thanks for Starting this Thread CT;), Just wanted to Remind everyone that Joanc123 has Created an SOS Thread for those needing help of Drops of Pyro Powder;)

We use to have SOS Threads to Help those short of drops during Events, as this event is asking alot of Drops

Just be aware the last four Tasks is asking huge amounts of Pyro Powders so this might be the toughest part of the event to get the Cloud Row

I am one of those that dont moan about Ripping up Fields for Events, To be honest i was getting Bored Growing Crops or Stables or Tree Fruits just to stock up my barn, my main reason is to Grow them to sell for CC, All CC i make i buy stuff in the markets that takes too long to Grow as i love to be productive farmer which helps me enjoy playing this game taking advantage of buffs etc The other Main benefit having Billions CC is buying stuff you cant grow :p

I try to do all events as it is more rewarding and gain more benefits that completing Quests, some of these quests are too tough or impossible to complete, As most of events are realistic to complete some are too hard this one is achievable as I love Cloud Rows that have Boosters

So love growing Spooky Crops and Stables my favourite part of this game, Those Fiery Crates are worth getting too ;)

We shall have to see what the rate rate will be, but to be on safe side we need to maximise our drops per Harvest;)

4. ctindaldavies

I've added the link to the SOS thread to the start post now.

I still have my doubts about the drops being in the green meadow, however I did check all the euro forums when the FAQ went up. In a way I am not surprised as its a way to limit us on drop numbers over the weekend having to grow the Summer event crops.

I actually like the look of this event, anything spooky that is mildly doable gets my vote. I think I will start with the Moonlight section as it is the longest crop and it will be a bit more forgiving work wise. Totally loving all those Picolo box chances. Fingers crossed the drops are not impossible. Over 6 days that's 577 drops per day = 96 drops per day per field (gifts not taken into account). :oops:

5. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks to CT and Northy for making some sense of the FAQs for farmers like me who have brain freeze when they see all the complications to navigate so as not to mess up the event!:wuerg:

I am in two minds about this one. I used to be like Mooboy and do any and every event cos I enjoyed doing them. But there have been so many events that have proved disappointing that I was losing my enjoyment of the game. So now, I see if it is possible to do; if the Glade or Crystal Falls are needed, is it worth ripping them out partially or totally. The prizes never used to be an issue but, having had said disappointments, I now balance out effort versus prizes. Some prizes mean more to some farmers than others. CRs, Crates, EP mean little to me but I like Wonder Stables and Wonder Trees. More importantly, I love the opportunity to win a rare or new animal/tree (events rarely give these ... more's the pity!). :p

Anyway, I have decided to give it a go, start with the MM crop (longest and can't use CFs) and see how I go. If I reach a point where I think it is not possible, I will decide how far I can go and if it is worth it. :music:

I will collect the Glow Elixirs, keep them from being milled and build up a good stock of them for starter seeds for the next parts - if I don't forget and allow them to go through the mill! :D
    Good luck to you all, whether you are participating in the event or passing it by, and whatever you decide, enjoy it! :inlove:

Long thread to say very little - anyone else keen for it to get going! xD

6. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks ct, northy for the numbers and the great start of this thread! :)and joanc123 for starting the sos , nice to see you back again!;) I am doing this event and I hope the drops don't hold us back from having fun! Good luck everyone!

7. ctindaldavies

Hmmm, not a bad start I don't think. 420 drops from the starter fields. Only 3000 to go LOL. Thanks @illy for mentioning the milling. I would have gone on just using those things up and not saved them. Lets see if I can avoid stuffing that up like normal o_O:sleepy:

8. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

Thanks ct for start of this thread. And thanks again ct,norty for the calculations.
    674 drops from the starter.It's not bad .:music:

9. illy1996

Too late for me, CT, just stuffed it up on the first hurdle. Got confuddled over how to get my seeds and convinced myself I needed Crocus Seeds! Couldn't understand why I had got the seeds but couldn't plant on MM field. :wuerg:
    On the plus side, I have 665 drops. Good start ... let's hope it continues.:inlove:

10. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I got 877 drops from crops 8)

11. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Forum Duke

thanks CT and Northy for all the calculations:)

Illy can I ask how do you save the Elixirs without milling. FAQs says if you drop under 5 every 5 hours the system will update to a maximum of 5, if Im correct (which I doubt) you can only have 5 elixirs in stock in total at any one time. I only ask because any help I can get to make it easier for me is appreciated:D

12. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I'm not Illy. Just make a long queue in mill adding elixirs in last. You must remove it before it is milled. You just remove them from queue when you get 5 more and add them to last again and perhaps something before it. Panda-feed and Power-feed are easiest ones to make long queue.

13. illy1996

Okay, once you have got your first seeds, keep your mill going for as long as possible. Each time you get 5 new Elixirs, put them in the mill for the seeds you are currently doing (you can only do one lot at a time). Always ensure that your mill will never get to this lot. You can always delete the milling and add the next 5 Elixirs each time - just making sure they never make it to the mill! :)

Edit: You said it in a much clearer way Paaryna11! Thank you! ;)

If I might add, it is normal that you manage to keep the balls up in the air just until the final stages when event fatigue takes over. My usual trick is to have about 35 seeds ready to mill and, cos I have been milling it for days, to put the last event crop (which I have already completed!) in to mill! Just saying ... think long and hard before you actually mill any event seeds. :music:

14. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I think I am starting with the MM event crop. Getting it out of the way, so I can plant regular MM crops the rest of the time.

The drop rate on MM fields is always low - so the other thing to do here is while you are growing the MM event crop, put longer timed crops on the other areas. Also remember that most of the drop rate buffs (cloud rows) do NOT affect Bahamarama. So you need to keep long timed crops on the Baha fields to get those drops. 6000+ drops...yeesh.

But, the CR is definitely a worthy goal. Plus it resets every day! Woot! (not every two weeks).

Oh yeah - my thinking on this one is that I'm doing this event on sewinglady, dumbunny, and probably PM23's farms. Not fooling with the baby farms at all on this one. And I'm hoping my wireless router will be able to pick up the laptop in the basement, cuz I don't want to be up and down the stairs 80 times a day to harvest crops. Although, my fitbit thingy would looooove that.

Edited to add: PS - don't forget that the cloud row buffs that shorten time on MM crops and the +2 MM bonus do NOT work on event crops on the MM fields. However, wheel bonuses and the +1 bonus from the largest (cough cough, can we afford it?) basket DO affect the MM event crop.

15. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Forum Duke

Thank you Illy and Paaryna :D:D:D:D:D

Ive never known that:cry::cry::cry:

Now to work out the timing of been at work and when I get on to keep the juggling act going:oops::oops::mad::mad::mad:

spotsbox and imalattanhalka like this.
  16. illy1996

A suggestion: put in an animal feed you need, maybe 200, and then put in a ridiculous amount of any other animal feed, then put your 5 event seeds in the third spot. When you get another 5 seeds, fill in the mill spots as necessary and keep your event seeds in the third spot. This will ensure that, despite RL getting in the way, you can keep those seeds going until you are ready to use them. Then think carefully before you put them in for real milling. They take a second, by the time your brain realises you have chosen the wrong one, they're done! xD

17. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I use one mill to stash extra elixirs. I mill there power-feed or something I need in baha. I do not have very long queue there, just a couple of days, sometimes even less. Another is usually shorter one, I can easily change to mill new seeds, if I am lucky with farmwheel and get one part done earlier than expected. I do not make very long queues, because I hate to stop milling in a half-way, if some another event requires just one mill I am using to stash elixirs.

18. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Thanks Ct for the much appreciated overview!

Euh.. correct me if I'm wrong or do miss a thing here :)

Three different event crops, each event crop to be grown on two fields.
    A total of 18.665 event crops in just over 6 days.
    Approx 18.000/3/2 = 3.000 event crops per field need to be generated in 2 days.

1 field harvested with CAC = gives 600 crops (plus 200 for replant), so 5 or 6 (to meet the requirements) harvests per day will do.

But the event crop duration and the fact we first need to harvest and build up enough event crops to fill both fields not once but 3 times without being able to do so simultaniously ....

Drops are available on 6 fields, to genereate enough of those shouldn't be a problem but unless the farm has an overload on SG and/or SSG and uses it, I guess this event can't be finished without wheel bonus luck, bonus buffs and the such.

*edit*
    AH! Hold on..
    With event crops on 2 fields = 1200 event crops per harvest. That'll make it possible afterall, I think now :D

19. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

I don't understand how to start. I used the key to get a starting crop but to use it I have to have 10 glow elixers and the game only gives me 5. Unless I use the 5 it won't give me more, and I can't figure out how to use the 5 elixers

imalattanhalka and ctindaldavies like this.
  20. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

There two options in mill for every event plant, 10x and normal. You can mill 5 normal seeds.

imalattanhalka and ctindaldavies like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.