Time to confess

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by saltypixel, Mar 16, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltypixel

saltypixel Regular

Exactly how much of a Farmerama addict are you?

To what lengths do you go to feed your obsession? How much of your RL is scheduled around harvest times? Do you sometimes pretend to look busy at work even though you're really looking for great market deals? How many times have you fibbed to friends or family and told you couldn't meet up because you had an appointment when the latest event was about to start? Do you keep telling yourself 'just one more, this will be the last one' for every new baby farm you add to your imperium although you really know better? Do you count rabbits bouncing on trampolines to go to sleep?

Go on! Spill! You know you'll feel so much better if you own up to it and tell all! :music::p

2. SillyGuy

SillyGuy Forum Veteran

To what lengths do you go to feed your obsession? Almost 4 -15 hours in a day. :music:

How much of your RL is scheduled around harvest times?
    RL is my first priority. Sometimes, I missed a few hours to harvest my farm. -.-

Do you sometimes pretend to look busy at work even though you're really looking for great market deals?
    Am I busy for you?? LoL.. Yes, I hope nobody at work disturbing when I was looking for great bargains. xDxD

How many times have you fibbed to friends or family and told you couldn't meet up because you had an appointment when the latest event was about to start?
    Never counted. I have so manyyyyyyy times to fib my RL friends (sorry my friends). xD:wuerg::wuerg: Bad FOCD !!

Do you keep telling yourself 'just one more, this will be the last one' for every new baby farm you add to your imperium although you really know better?
    No baby farm was here!! :oops:

Do you count rabbits bouncing on trampolines to go to sleep?
    No, I don't. Just simply lie on the bed and I will fly to dreamland. :inlove::):inlove:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    hatzeva, tlcmom, muscaricat and 8 others like this.
  3. abubadi66

abubadi66 Old Hand

I used to paly other games online, then Farmerama came, I found it by chance when I was checking the games that came attached to a program by Microsoft office were you can search for online games and I started it in June 2012, my lap top is with me all the time and there was a season were the business had stopped and nothing to do, so I played it with other two farming games by other companies, over the time I stopped playing the other farm games because one of them I did not like the concept of the game were you have to rely on your neighbors for every thing and to be able to progress you need to have too many neighbors, the other game I stopped because the game was hacked by hackers, so for a week nobody could have any access to the game, then they found another server and transferred all the accounts, but we had to start from the beginning since the could not manage to have the records, all efforts were lost and what they gave for compensation was not good, so I closed it, I was also playing one of the biggest online games ever, I played it for around five years, and that was the real obsession, about two years back or more something happened to my eyes, and I had to go over a major surgery in the left eye my lap top was with me in the hospital and I kept playing farmerama until 2 hours before the surgery, after the surgery the doctor did not forbid me using the computer as long as I maintain a certain position while siting or sleeping,
    they removed my lense and put a new one and also the put silicon inside my eye which had to stay for at least six months so after few days I regain the sight but not completely, and I found I can't play anymore like before so I stopped all the games but only farmerama, then something happened to my right eye there was bleeding and there was blood spots that use to move and change shape, so I could not read any more so that I needed somebody to help me play farmerama, I could not read or recognize the small details, every time I needed to check something I had to call someone to help me, and I remember two years ago I went with my family on vacation to Turkey, I took my laptop with me and I was playing farmerama in the hotel at morning and night, not much, just to make sure the farm was still running, and luckily there was no event during that trip. the silicon stayed in my eye over a year until the doctor decided it was time to remove, it can't be kept any longer, so I had to under the same procedures again, and yes another surgery, and farmerama was there with me and I did not stop, I can see now with my left eye but can't read, but here I am, still playing, I do not think it is obsession, it is habit, and there is not much else to do, now I am going for a long vacation (70 days) this April, but my laptop is going with me and so farmerama.

Thank you saltypixel for opening this thread, and I hope that my long story are not boring, there is some details that were painful and I kept it just in case somebody reading this is sensitive, it was a horrible experience but this game helped me to come over it.

daisy, hatzeva, muscaricat and 12 others like this.
  4. SillyGuy

SillyGuy Forum Veteran

Sad story..:cry::cry: I'm sorry for you..:(
    Wish you well, abubadi..!! Enjoy your long vacation.. :D:D
    I would like to hear about your trip story, if you wish when you have much time!! ;)

5. abubadi66

abubadi66 Old Hand

you mean the trip to Turkey, or the next vacation trip to Jordan.

6. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Me? Addicted to the game? Nooooooo! Well just a bit. I was introduced to the farm by my Daughter-in-Law who has long since stopped playing. Nearly 4 years later I am still here. It is my first port of call after Breakfast, then mid morning, lunchtime, mid afternoon, early evening and then I put it to bed during the News At Ten. If there is an event, I just 'might' get up in the night, but only if I wake up naturally. Of course RL gets precedent but sometimes I will pretend I am tired so we can go out later in the day - whereas I really want to do something on the farm.
    I don't work so that is not a problem.
    I have five farms but I would not have another one, although it can be tempting when I hear others who start them.
    No I don't count bouncing rabbits (partly because I never have the animations turned on) but I do count backwards if I can't get to sleep although normally I fall asleep very easily - it is the getting up in the morning I have a problem with. ;)

7. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

Exactly how much of a Farmerama addict are you?
    I don't know.

To what lengths do you go to feed your obsession?
    7 hours on weekdays and Saturday, 15 hours on Sunday. (that's why I make more progress on Sunday)

How much of your RL is scheduled around harvest times?
    I don't understand your question.

Do you sometimes pretend to look busy at work even though you're really looking for great market deals?

I don't work because I'm not allowed to work at my age.

How many times have you fibbed to friends or family and told you couldn't meet up because you had an appointment when the latest event was about to start?
    -0- times

Do you keep telling yourself 'just one more, this will be the last one' for every new baby farm you add to your imperium although you really know better?
    I don't know how to answer this question.

Do you count rabbits bouncing on trampolines to go to sleep?

No, because I am always so tired that I sleep easily.

8. saltypixel

saltypixel Regular

It's great to read all your replies. Just a heads up though; those questions are just for fun and as examples, you are welcome to share any and all that for you is a sign you're a Farmerama fanatic. It's all meant as a bit of tongue in cheek hyperbole. ;)

Oh abubadi66, your poor eyes! I've always had kind of bad eye sight, but a couple of years ago it got a lot worse quite suddenly (or so it seemed anyway) and that really scared me so I can only imagine how frightening and awful it must've been to go through what you did. I completely understand the importance of having something else, like Farmerama, to occupy your mind when going through a tough time. It has kept me sane many times when life's been rough.

9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

after breakfast o_O I open my laptop almost before opening my eyes xDxD I think that says it all, no more comment needed :p

Although I never get up during the night to farm, one morning I found the laptop open when I woke up, must have done it in my sleep :wuerg:xD

10. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

No! I am not an addict! Although it is 4 a.m. - the event started at 2 a.m. our time, nothing is ready till about 5.12 a.m.(roughly) So why am I up? Counting bunnies on the trampoline? No, the pusscats in the cardboard boxes is Much better.
    now, I must put my 'CHUTNEY' note on my laptop for the morning.... the embossed note, not the doodle one.....
    Now this weekend we have to go to some open homes,(Yeah, need to buy a house) there hopefully will be a Baby Boom on, so I won't use any pheromones ....

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  11. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

I asked my family if I should answer this thread. They just laughed at me xD. They said I would have a panic attack without my farm.
    Addicted ? Me? Well, maybe a little. I don't work so no problem there but, I have been known to reschedule appointments because an event is starting. It's the first thing I do in the morning and I used to get up in the middle of the night but not any more....Really..well maybe sometimes....Okay I need a meeting...I'm addicted :oops:;)

12. saltypixel

saltypixel Regular

You guys are so funny, I love it! :inlove:xD

IVANCICA30, BeeDance and farmlily3 like this.
  13. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

I do not have FOCD at all. Hence when told I was going away for Easter my first question was "will we have free wi-fi?" whilst thinking "OMG the Easter event, 4 days of farming gone". :p

14. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

So we need to start an intervention group like AA?
    Hi! I'm BeeDance and I'm a farmer...

15. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

My family farms in RL...so my boys(Hubby & sons) think it's hysterical when I excuse myself from something....... and say...."I'm going to go harvest & replant" or check on my breeding results.
    I've also played a myriad of other computer games...many that tied you to the computer. Farmerama is perfect for me. :inlove:I don't work outside the home anymore....so I can put a crop in and know I have a couple of hours until harvest....then I go do chores...and when I return....harvest etc.
    I have played for a little over 4 years, and am fortunate to call many of you very good friends!:D

16. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

The first Farmer's Anonymous meeting will be held tomorrow evening at the Farmer's Society, second floor. You are welcome to sneak in the back door through the shadows in case you fear family or friends might be watching; the curtains will be drawn. Coffee and snacks will be provided after the meeting.

Free tractor parking is available in the lot behind the building. Valet parking of fertilizer spreaders is also available since there are no political elections/campaigns running at this time.

Babysitting of farms is not provided but if there is enough interest perhaps it can be addressed at the next meeting.

Kleenex will be provided for any who feel the need to cry because of anxiety about harvests and events while at the meeting.

If you are especially emotional perhaps someone should drive the harvester home for you... we don't want any farming accidents!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    woody, labmommy30, daisy and 17 others like this.
  17. igotfrogs

igotfrogs Forum Overlooker

I am not addicted to farmerama ..... i could stop any time i want! ........ just i don't want LOL
    Yes i do tend to make sure If i'm going out for the day a super long crop is in .... so i don't miss harvest ....
    or if a event is on .... i have been known to get my lovely children to do my harvests and plantings for me lol ...
    My family is very farm accepting happy wife happy life and all that ......
    I plant and then between i get house work done .... i have been known to get up through the night to harvest hang on got to stop typing to harvest lol .......

Alright now thats done .... :)
    I did buy a new windows geared tablet at christmas time .... just so i could play farmerama anywhere with more ease lol it's awesome!
    I suffer pretty badly with FOCD with events ...... I HAVE to finish all of them!
    if i can't finish i tend to go into a tail spin ..... if i wanted the rewards or not ..... any reward is a good reward in the eyes of a farmer with FOCD ......

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  18. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

xDxDxD

19. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

igot, there is a special section reserved for you toward the front on the right at these meetings. Be sure not to sit in the left section of reserved seats as those are for court-ordered attendees (hence the armed guards and attack dogs). Special grief councilors are available if necessary.....
    Please don't sit in the ugly broken down chair in that section - it is mine. As soon as the electrician gets done with it it will be plugged in... I'm told is part of my "therapy"....
    (btw - I can stop anytime I want too... in fact I stop every time I go to the bathroom).

20. igotfrogs

igotfrogs Forum Overlooker

special seat reserved for me ? Oh why .... your not suggesting i'm little ol me is addicted ?? WHO me :eek:
    i cant believe it! how could anyone think such a thing o_O
    Like i said ... I C A N give up any time i W A N T just i don't as in do not W A N T !!!! ....... :pxDxDxD:p

daisy, muscaricat, BeeDance and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.