Too much going on

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by .FarmerArchie., Dec 31, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. .FarmerArchie.

.FarmerArchie. Active Author

how are we supposed to fill farm orders for the season quest when we are growing crops on all three main lands for the current event? hardly seems fair.

Sue46, 1Kay58, Cassie101 and 7 others like this.
  2. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

That I agree. No general farming. We have forgotten what it is. Only event farming.

Sue46, 1Kay58, Cassie101 and 4 others like this.
  3. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

I don't do the events anymore, back to back and several at once. I prefer to grow my crops and animals, the income is tremendous with no one farming. If more people stop doing the events it might force some change. I also think the events are a cash grab.

..hanzade.., Lyddy, Sue46 and 6 others like this.
  4. FrootloopGrove

FrootloopGrove Exceptional Talent

I agree. After eventing from Oct - Dec I need a break. I'm putting out all my trees and one or two special animals and taking a break. I'll do events enough to get my sticker. I love those stickers ;)

Sue46, Cassie101, 007Farming and 3 others like this.
  5. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) Hi Farmer Archie! You have a point - and you are right...it is not 'fair'. It is a choice we must all be making since FARMerama has turned into EVENTarama.

So we must make choices as to what direction we want our farms to take.
    One choice is to learn from the Forum posts what has/is working for others, then glean what seems to work best for you, incorporating things you like to do best.

It is now possible to choose to do only Events (and arrange your farm to be torn up regularly), or create and build the farm YOU want to have as semi-permanent. (Very few things are permanent on the farm now, except possibly the Menageries, Arboretums, and Workshops.)

As for myself, I have chosen to build the best farm I can, and to be as self-sufficient as this game allows and still be reasonably enjoyable. This leaves me with only the Main field to grow event plants....which practically eliminates achieving anywhere near their Event requirements.

This also means that I can no longer do much of the Events that are now raining down on the Farm like a 'Nor'easter'!!

That has it's benefits, though...I finished out 2019 by surpassing the 3 Billion+ cc's mark just a week or two ago. In turn, that means that this farm can easily provide for itself from now on because it has this 'cushion', and now the Goal is UPWARD and ONWARD.
    xDNo Worries now, Matey!! Goal #1 achieved.xD:D......

*Perhaps the easiest thing to do is - just pick whichever you want to do...
    and do it. Don't worry about the rest.*
    This is a game, and we should be able to enjoy it, not let it stress us.;)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Lyddy, 1Kay58, Sue46 and 5 others like this.
  6. TootsLittleCutie

TootsLittleCutie Someday Author

OK, FootloopGrove
    Ok, FootloopGrove, you mentioned you loved stickers, but I for the life of me cannot figure out what to do with them? I've been placing them in a album with various backgrounds, but nothing I can see happens? What is the purpose and how do you use them properly? Help!!!!

Lyddy, Sue46, Jazac and 2 others like this.
  7. perika222

perika222 Forum Greenhorn

Thank you TootsLittleCutie!! I am baffled with the same. Cannot figure out what they are good for. And why the first prize of the events is always a Sticker! I have been making an effort to participate and get the prizes and it is always the sticker. -.-

Lyddy, Sue46, Jazac and 1 other person like this.
  8. 1Kay58

1Kay58 Advanced

I can not see any use for the stickers either! And it makes me angry that all of the prizes we seem to be getting lately are of very low value! The idea of getting prizes is to make people WANT to play to win but all the prizes I have gotten are of low value like the stickers! (which I can not see ANY use for.)

Lyddy, Sue46 and Jazac like this.
  9. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

I been playing awhile now too and I honestly do not like the stickers as to me they serve no purpose... They are in my album and which I never looked at in a long time.. Some games after you get so many of same you are able to trade for an item. I have not seen anything in the forum to where we can do the same here. I wish we could have an event without the sticker...Mainly events that keeps repeating.

I to am now think I am done with events... I been wanting exp point ,buff crates, etc.. I am tired after last few events I could not complete... It mainly started with the offer of 2 BB trees which was way out of reach for many. It was me too cause I did NOT catch last offer of super grow sale.. I think its time I change my game play to regular farming... So I can rebuild what I used to have and make more coins when I am low. Right now with doing seasonal event It takes way more then I can produce with doing events... I can not keep up. I just had it..

Good items, CR's or maybe another shot at a BB tree... I will be in it... Otherwise I will be saving my time and money. Besides I have more FSQ's to do then I can shake a stick at cause since I been back I did do many... But they are piling up now also as they require many items as well. ITS JUST TIME TO FARM... I love events... but they are draining and getting more demanding...Good bye poor events. See you maybe in the winter or not at all for awhile.

10. FrootloopGrove

@TootsLittleCutie LOL :D they serve absolutely no purpose. I just love stickers:inlove: always have. When I was a kid I had a few books filled with stickers from vending machines, happy meals, hallmark stores, anywhere I could find them. Big ones, little ones, puffy ones, shiny ones, ones with animals, flowers, snoopy and other cartoons, ones from places I visited, etc all kinds of stickers. I just love collecting them.
    Here my stickers let me know what events I at least tried to work. I keep track of myself with stickers. The fist stickers you get will tell you when you started your farm. Looks like I received my first sticker in 2016 June. I just came back after being gone for a while not sure how long I was gone with all this madness going on and when I looked in my sticker album I realized I have been gone over two months no stickers :(
    Sorry, TootsLittleCutie I have no real answer for you I'm just crazy :p I guess. No one else seems to like the stickers:wuerg: but me.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Jazac, joanc123, sanddollar15 and 2 others like this.
  11. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

I reckon if the stickers must be a part of events, then it could have been the very last prize to collect for a sense of achievement to remind yourself 'been there, done that' accomplishment!
    Often we don't get to finish the events, so I feel happier if the rewards at the beginning are useful prizes instead of a sticker!
    Three months into the game, I found I tend to grow a few batch of event plants to collect a few EPs and CCs to cover the water cost as I still hesitant to go premium!

FrootloopGrove, farmerumf and Jazac like this.
  12. FrootloopGrove

@Lyddy then my sticker collection would be like my CR collection hardly there. I very seldom am able to finish an event. I can get far enough to almost always get all three givers but not so much the Cloud Row.

Jazac likes this.
  13. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

@FrootloopGrove we all have our own priority and goals in this virtual farming game, to me stickers are a dust collector, I tend to not hoard things that are not useful or practical on my farm. All the best with your sticker collection and have a splendid time arranging them in your album. ;)

Jazac likes this.