What is CAC?

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Jazac, Jul 18, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

I am making a list and will post it. I must start here though as it is a rough draft. I need all the shortcuts to our abbreviations. Not only will this idea help new comers but it will also help older players who return but just forgot and I know I been there , we to scared to ask... Shoot I keep forgeting what IMO is...Not to mention maybe this will help you if there is one you don't know. So lets all do this.
    I would like to have this done by next weekend.

CAC - Carrot Apple Chutney
    IMO - In My Opinion
    IGM - In Game Mail

If there is a thread for this let me know.. I did a search for two words and nothing came up useful.

2. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

Jazac likes this.
  3. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

Ok I see @teddy.bear has got one. What I do not get is when you search abbreviation nothing comes up. But search abbreviations and it will be the very last one on the last page.
    {FAQ} Abbreviations

Well lets get more added to that list. Thank you @Lyddy for that. I did use abbreviation without the s and another word last night and saw nothing. So I thought nothing was made. But we surely can add to it. Maybe @teddy.bear can tag it? to get it to come up better.

Lyddy and Cassie101 like this.
  4. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

I seem to remember a large list that we farmers put together a long time ago. It's possible it was deleted when the old forum was dumped.
    ZAB = zucchini-apple bread

5. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

May I suggest one?

Baha=Baharama Island, where the ship in the lower left corner takes you. Also used as a way to define trees/crops/pens that can only be placed on those islands, versus the main playfields.

It took me too long to figure this out when I was a newbie player. :)

6. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

@Jazac I found that the Search tool is not all that user-friendly in this Forum. Recently I discovered that if you search keywords under the Search Everything tab in the Search window, it might work slightly better at generating results.

NFQ ~ No Further Questions or Queries, I worked this one out when I was a newbie filtering through posts and learned to use in this Forum.

Here are some usual suspects I am used to seeing and understand and use, I think these are common to everyone for a long time on web activities:
    BTW ~ By The Way
    ATM ~ At The Moment
    TBH or 2BH ~ To Be Honest
    BRB ~ Be Right Back (not so useful for this Forum xD)
    ASAP (asap) ~ As Soon As Possible
    FYI ~ For Your Information
    TBA ~ To Be Advised
    aka ~ Also Known As (I always used this one in lower case)
    DYK ~ Did You Know

Jazac, have fun compiling the abbreviations list, thanks for your time and effort, looking forward to see it in a week or so. ;)

Jazac and EagleMax like this.
  7. EagleMax

EagleMax Forum Apprentice

Thank you so much @Lyddy For those..
    Yes @rivak We have to list that as well. Thank you.
    @mindy1701 Yes it could have been deleted.. But also it could've been lost when the switching was done. Ethier way if its no longer here then a new one should be made. That ZAB is another, Thank you.

Oh and @Lyddy I even did the more options and searched all. (although I did this also before. But it does require more steps). Still same. So yes I was doing it right like I been all the time.. I always goto main page and put word in and search.. I have yet to find SEARCH EVERYTHING. I do however see ALL FORUMS.

EDIT: Never mind it is by default already on that tab of search everything.. My head don't pay attention to things like that...lol But yes I do see it now..

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Lyddy likes this.
  8. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Noob - novice/new person
    AFK - away from keyboard. Used to be used often when there were many chatting at the same time in the one thread.
    SMH - shakes my head
    IDC - I don't care
    IDFC - I don't ....ing care
    IDK - I don't know
    IKR - I know, right
    and my 2 highly relevant favourites ( for myself) CRAFT - can't remember a ....ing thing and FUBAR ......ed up beyond all recognition xDxDxD

Jazac and Lyddy like this.
  9. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

Well, if we're including FUBAR, we have to have SNAFU---Situation Normal, All F***** UpxD

On a more traditional note, there are also:
    IANAL--I am not a lawyer
    ROFL--Rolling on the floor laughing
    ROFLMAS--Rolling on the floor laughing my a** off
    GTG or G2G--Got to go (an oldie from my days playing on a MUSH)
    SMDH--Shaking my d**n head
    TBT--Throwback Thursday
    IIRC--If I recall correctly
    NSFW--Not safe for work
    TLDR--Too long, didn't read

And finally PF (Power Feed) and SG (Super Grow) for game-specific ones.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Jazac and Lyddy like this.
  10. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

OTOH - On The Other Hand, occasionally use this one.
    OTT - Over The Top
    (The constant endless changes Farmerama are making is OTT, isn't it! xD)

Slight off topic, just a general thought here, it seems a How To Guide is needed for the Search Function in Forum just so players can learn to navigate more easily through the complexity of the whole system that it has become! -.- More reading, more homework! xD

*Edit* - Addition
    OTOMH - Off Top Of My Head - used to use it frequently, if I see it now I get it!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Jazac likes this.
  11. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

The search function is ok, but it's not easy to find what you are looking for. Every search I have been doing lately has me trolling through hundreds of threads looking for something. Mainly to find what I wanted was discarded long ago with the old forum and never moved over here. I sorted it all out eventually by having to read through heaps.

CBA -Can't be a..ed. (That's a donkey right??) xD

Lyddy and Jazac like this.
  12. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

WOW do we really use all these here? You people surely have my work cut out now...lol

@ctindaldavies That's my point. Mostly most that pops up first is no use. That is another reason for me doing this. Maybe to get a MOD to remake(copy is way faster...lol) Or to sticky it or whatever. That way, no matter how it is tagged. If it is like in the FAQ's of the game.. or a sticky, Least some new players know to search for them and old players should surely know how to find fast answers that way.

@Lyddy That will be best suited for someone else. I can not do that atm. Much less learning how to search? I don't know Its easy doing it my way and no need to click the more option to make sure your t's are crossed and I's dotted.. As I said that's more steps to do and for what? Just to get same results?
    Now if you know what you are looking for is in a certain spot. Then yes the more option is very useful too.

@rivak Oh don't I know SUBAR , Ha, got you thinking yet? lol

EDIT: @Lyddy If no one else does it. I may just do that. As you said we do need one. Its the words of the search that got me. But you are right on the how to guide. It will be next week or so But I will get it started soon. Just incase.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Lyddy likes this.
  13. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

BP - BigPoint
    At the initial stage in the Forum when reading posts, I thought this was short for Best Player, but it didn't make any sense according to the context I was reading, soon the penny dropped, ahhhh it was game related, BigPoint made all the sense! xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.