2021 Harvest Hoedown

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmer_broke, Jun 19, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

we have had Witch's Hunt in this forum, over the years I have seen so much Drama, many do get so frustrated with FOCD etc they do take out Frustration out to other players, Which is sad cos it is so unfair and hurtful

I had my share on Drama on Forum over the years, But now seeing postings here just getting rarer and rarer, even Feedbacks too because will all feel BP never does really listen to us anymore

We use to have loads of Mods too now there just few of them As i Miss Teddybear and Grapevine etc

Sadly this is one of the reason why many have left this game. The second main reason we all miss playing under Flash Based Browser things have not been running smoothly to our liking using Unity:eek:

I dislike and feel sad any player leaving this game, but we cant expect to play forever as life is too short is just a bonus that Farmerama helps us pass our leisure time

I just been doing instant nuking of Iris today using SG, Escalonilla has been with us many years, so has Wisdom Tree

It is very expensive to work on Refinements of Highest Value Crops, but you can reap high value crops instantly only if you have loads of SG which i have been hoarding them plus keeping my Super Trees in The Glade

Also this strategy does help you work on these Quests asking for crazy amount of high level crops, but with all these Boosters and Buffs combined really makes a difference

I have two Cloud Rows that can give me 6 Hour Slot of Instant Crops but we need to have a rethink as we have to take into consideration many have left this game, therefore there is less competition for Top 1000

Previously we could snap up lots of cheap fruits in the markets but this is now hardly see much bargains in the markets due to lack of high fruit purchases in the markets or getting to expensive to buy

But Hoedown Event is actually not healthy nor it is fun event to do, As you put in so much hard work, real money, eons of Farming Hours the real risk to donate your entire barn stocks in the hope to complete within Top 1000, but to be honest with you the rewards you get isnt really that worth it

If anyone have notice we do get better rewards and boosters partaking normal events, such as EP Boosters, Pets, Crates

There was one event we could win 4 to 6 Piccolo Wonder Boxes, In my view this is far more rewarding than Hoedown Event Rewards, why do we need to donate such huge hefty barn stocks for these prizes......To be Frankly honest it is all about Ego Competition invented by BP.

We way things are as it stands within BP, Mods, Forum and Farmerama Players this Event Should be scrapped not to mention so many shortages of stuff to buy in the markets, less and less posting of stuff to sell, which has knock on effect that we have stuff to sell but cannot get good money for it for example Scorpions Feeds or Breeding Scorpions

Lets pray and hope things will get better eventually:p:p:p

Compare to the prizes won in previous Hoedown Events

2. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

24th - 30th November: Harvest event

3. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

farmer_broke is happy !

4. 12ss12

broke, What are your plans for this event ? Any strategy to help the participants ?

Do the participants need any help from us ? We will be glad to help, even if it is a tiny one.

zerodegrees and sanddollar15 like this.
  5. farmer_broke

Hi One-Two! None of the broke farms will participate in this event.

Mooboy, sanddollar15 and 12ss12 like this.
  6. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

I'm good but thanks for the kind offer, 12ss12. :)

I don't know if I'll be on the EN forum during or after the TOP event, so I'd like to take this moment to wish every participant the best of luck in the upcoming competition! Hope to see some familiar names up there! :D

7. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

If luck is on my side, my name will be up there.

Good luck to you too!!

8. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

Wow escalonilla! With all that SG, I don't think you'll need much luck at all to get on the list. But I hope you rack up lots of harvest bonuses with all those party tickets so you will end up somewhere near the top! I'll be rooting for ya! :)

farmer_broke, sanddollar15 and Mooboy like this.
  9. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

Farmer Broke is not participating because . . . . he is broke! xD xDLOL! Just like me.
    These events never have been for me. But I will be checking out the names to see if any of you are there! Good Luck!

:p sorry - that joke is probably very old . . . and farmer_broke is probably not broke at all!

10. farmer_broke

Yes, I am for Escal too. I really hope Escal will stay with the game afterwards.

Super grow! I am definitely not in favor of using super grow for this 3vent. Those in dire situations may need to though. I really swee no nered in Escal using sg for this event.

There are a few high level crops which have a good exchnge value. But they still take too long to produce. I have n alternative without super grow but with growing. Grow the fern. We cannot buy it from the shop daily. I dislike growing period. But if I had to grow then the fern would be y choice. And, I would prepare properly using a buy rate over time. Without growing anything one can wear out nearly all competitors by using a buy rate over time AND have plenty to spare.

Of course you knolw I am always broke xD
    In terms of ccs the farm may well have 1.5 billion and not much more.

Not broke? Take the #1 cc holder in this game today. This farm has way more than that period if considering only animal feed at market price. BUT, I know I will never be able to sell it quickly at market price.

The farm went to number 6 cc holders in the game. I left that bunch AT WILL and spent those ccs faster than I can grow. One is only loosing buying power while holding ccs. I am not willing to do so at this time.

Broke? Think so? Escal can have it all at .10 .

@Solatido
    Goood to see you. I never have forgotten you.

I truly wish all competitors here well.

@zerodegrees
    zero-the-goat has 72,791 friends here. The goat is now #12 in terms of animal quantity of farm animals. I am beginning to get a little concerned about the goat friends too.

good luck all

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    MARLYMAR and sanddollar15 like this.
  11. escalonilla

I was supposed to donate it all today to the TOP and leave the game, but apparently we must wait until january

Anyway, I decided to use all my resources and this is the result

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MARLYMAR and habalala like this.
  12. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

Please keep the thread focused on the Topic at hand. Any further postings against players will be deleted.

Kind Regards,
    shooger.sweet

13. escalonilla

FAQ are here

[​IMG]

sanddollar15 and 12ss12 like this.
  14. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

nope. nope. nope. Thinking about skipping the whole thing...if I do it at all, it will be on the two main farms (this one and SL's) and I'm done when I fulfill the base requirements for the event.

I do like that this year we are using the event field so that we can keep our regular fields intact.

15. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

I learned early on in my farming life, the Top 3000 was not for me. :p Too much of a scatterbrain to spend all year preparing for it. ;)xD I too will only do the basic event. Does anyone know what the pumpkin spice lattes are for? I have only done my usual skim of the FAQs :oops:, and tho I see them as a mill item, I don't see where they need to be donated or what they are for?

edit: ahh, there they are at the bottom! Am I correct that they are strictly for donating to the top 3000 and not the basic event?

12ss12 and Mooboy like this.
  16. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I have read through Fall Festival II FAQ, Looking at all possible prizes. I am not impress with Both Cloud Rows as Prizes as i have already got Cloud Rows Buffs that gives More Tree Fruits and Stable Booster as we have Gold Slot Buffs that boost Trees and Workshops i have surplus of them Won using Crate O Buffs

The Gesundheit! Giver is worthless just reducing all crops and Event crops just by 5% only for 1 Hour that can only be used every three days ....To be honest is a Joke:oops:

With my Suzy/Jumbo and Super Trees I can generate more SG and Suzy Super than what The Top 3000 is offering as Prizes. Which i am happy to keep in my playing fields since Event crops can only be placed in Event Field ....I find that more rewarding without donating into Top 3000 which is no Guaranteed you win these additional rewards, Why risk considerable amount of Barn Stock

In some Recent Events we had the chance to win Several Piccolo Wonder Boxes in this Event it just only Two can be won, No more can be won in Top 3000 it just does not Impress me at all so I just do the Basic Part of this Event

I will use all Fields to work on Quests, Sell Stuff to the Markets to those Gunning for Top 3000

I wish very best of Luck to All Those Entering Top 3000, Fingers Cross Hope it does not have any teething problems .....This is first time Hoedown will be run under UNITY not under Flash which we all miss badly :p:p

spotsbox, dumbunny and 12ss12 like this.
  17. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I calculate that we need 1400 Fountain Grass and 700 Cinnamon Sticks (plus lots of barn stock) to complete the basic event - have I missed anything? :p

18. 12ss12

I will try to do the basics. Since it is in the event area. No preparation needed. I will try to look into the mechanics of the event once the event starts. Till then not going to strain my brain. I think I have lost touch with this game. :eek: I am trying to pick up the events/game once again. ;):p

19. upa70

upa70 Forum Expert

so we are using the event field, 128 squares. i have managed to get 24 2x2 fields and the rest as 1x1 fields. if supergrow can not be used here only water and manure, which are not a problem for me as i have stables out on all other farm fields...which is the best option with regards to field size and distribution as i can not see any difference in the ratio of seeds used to seeds returned from growing on any size field.
    am i missing something obvious? water and manure usage is not an issue. can i get to the total needed a quicker way than another way?
    is there no difference, it will take the same amount of time to get the required amount of seeds regardless of field sizes used?

bugger!
    thought the shop was where i could sell my plants for coloured animals so i decided to participate in the event...just found out i can sell my coloured animals for more seeds
    :oops:
    ...i wanted to buy some coloured animals:cry:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    12ss12 likes this.
  20. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

I was able to fit 26 2x2, 6 1x2 and 12 1x1 on the event field. I think you're right @upa, the field size doesn't matter, although maybe it's faster to get a full field started with the bigger lots? I hate that the buffers don't work! and I'm getting a late start. I'm only planning on doing the basic event, so hopefully I'll be able to finish!

Good luck to everyone! I'm hoping to see one or more of your names among the top, prize-winning places!

EDIT: Did I just waste my crops and drops milling some pumpkin spice lattes? I should have read the FAQ more carefully! They are not in the required items for the basic event. Drat!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    MARLYMAR, upa70 and 12ss12 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.