any success running on a tablet or smartphone?

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by sunshineaz, Sep 6, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warborg

Warborg Junior Expert

I know this was talked about a few years ago but I was wondering if anyone found any new app or browser that allows you to play the game on a smart phone.

I tried a few browsers that say they use flash but I can't even get to the login screen for farmerama on them(says webpage is unavailable ).

Thanks for any help

2. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

Android or iPhone?

Android has flash emulators... go to the app store and search for flash. I can't think of the names right now. If you post the names I can tell you which ones ppl have reported they prefer. Using them for free is a bit annoying and I can't afford to pay for them. I just found out my new hearing aids are going to to cost $1700 out of my pocket. And they aren't top of the line. Barely going to cover my needs.

You download the app and then access the farm from there.

12ss12 likes this.
  3. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

There are Many Browsers no longer Support Flash, as you need Flash Based Browsers some of them Do not Work. I have Been using my Smart Phone to Play this Game for a few years. The One I use is Puffin Browser and it works Well Can be used on Smart phone or Tablet ok ;)

-poppyseed- and 12ss12 like this.
  4. Neddy38

Neddy38 Forum Great Master

yes, I also use Puffin on my ipad. (when I go out & I really want to login
    for harvest !)
    But I use the pay version. As it cost less than USD5.00 (in my currency)

12ss12 and labmommy30 like this.
  5. Warborg

Warborg Junior Expert

Android...sorry I meant to post that earlier. Give me a few minutes on what I've tried. Phone is dead(I'm charging it).

I do believe I did search flash before.

Thanks

Edit: oops, ya'll posted while I was typing. I'll try this puffin

2nd Edit: I'm using Flashfox, Photon Browser and Firefox

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  6. Mooboy

Hi Warborg My Smart Phone Uses Android. There is Trail Version of Puffin and Paid Version of Puffin. For Those who use Ipad or iphone that Paid App of Puffin is The only one works on ipad or iphone. Dont ask me why Apple IOS does not support Flash. Also Google does not support Flash. The only ones that does work and reliable is Puffin Browser. I would stick with Puffin if i was you ok

12ss12 likes this.
  7. Warborg

Warborg Junior Expert

Is there a time limit on the trail version?

Thanks

12ss12 likes this.
  8. Mooboy

I have Google it The Trial Version is 14 Days ok Good luck have fun playing Smart Farmerama lol

12ss12 likes this.
  9. Jools

Jools Forum Pro

just got a new phone running Android Lollipop and downloaded the latest version on puffin from the play store and it's running a treat, with the "mouse" mode it even shows tooltips.
    no mention about puffin being a trial version, although it does say some addons cost and the pro version costs

Mooboy, 12ss12, labmommy30 and 2 others like this.
  10. Mooboy

Jools...There is Two Versions of Puffin Browser as Explained in Earlier Postings Above.....1) Trial Version 14 Day Trial, 2) Full Puffin Browser Version ...Trail Version is Free and Full Version Pay small 1 off Price....;)

12ss12 likes this.
  11. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

This FAQ in French Forum deals with playing Farmerama in Android & Smart Phones.

http://fr.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/faq-tablettes-smartphones-comment-jouer-à-farmerama.11396/#post-75668

I do not know whether there is a corresponding FAQ in English. I accidentally stumbled upon the French FAQ.

I do not know whether this has been earlier stated by someone else, if so sorry for the repetition.

Translation of the French FAQ

Photon Flash Player and Puffin Web Browser Both products are available for both platforms and they work perfectly with Farmerama whether on an iPad or on an Android tablet. Pricewise Photon Flash Player currently costs € 4.49 (discounted) for iPad and is free on Android. In terms of Puffin Web Browser, it costs € 3.59 to € 2.91 for iPad and Android. By clicking on the images below, you will access the page of the App-Store and Google play for these two products in order to have more details on their operation.

~edit~ link removed

Photon Flash Player

[​IMG]
    The parrot and elephant are not displayed and nothing moves.

To activate Flash Player you must click on the lightning on the top right of the screen. A Once done, the page will reload and you get this:

[​IMG]

The three buttons that appear at the top right, once the Flash On, define the mode of use of gesture (how is interpreted what you do with your fingers):
    • The finger button: = slip finger to scroll the page, type = click (conventional operation of the touch screen).
    • The arrow button: swipe of the finger = drag the pointer where you want to click, type = click (more precise but less intuitive).
    • Fist button: swipe of the finger = select items on the screen, type = click (only to be used to make selections).

You can find more information (in English) on the publisher's website:
    ~edit~ link removed

Note: the screenshots were done on an iPad but it is the same for Android devices.

Last edited by moderator: Oct 20, 2015
    Mooboy, hatzeva and Noelle20001 like this.
  12. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

My laptop died recently. I have been using puffin on an ipad for a while now, and it's great!

Mooboy and 12ss12 like this.
  13. igotfrogs

igotfrogs Forum Overlooker

I have a windows tablet .... hrmmm a lenovo 2 works a treat .... android tablets you will have a issue with but anything windows based you should be good to go ....

12ss12 likes this.
  14. Mooboy

I have been using Puffin Browser for about 3 years now, do not have a problem using it on my Smart Phone (Android), Also got in on my Android Tablet no issues with Either Device

That Interesting French FAQ...12ss12.......Something to add when using Puffin Browser with Farmerama on Smart Phone or Tablet....if you look closer at Bottom Right Hand Corner you have a Keyboard option and Touch Pad/Joyce Stick Option as I always used Keyboard for IGM or selling things in the Markets Playing the Game Wireless....;)

Cassie101 and 12ss12 like this.
  15. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Good finding 12ss12 from the French forum!

Has anyone tried Photon Flash Player?

I also use puffin on my phone when I can't log in from my laptop.

Cassie101 likes this.
  16. uggi-buggi

uggi-buggi Someday Author

Puffin has announced that their browser will be disabled at the end of June. Has anyone found an alternative that is successful on iPad or iPhone?

Cassie101 likes this.
  17. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

I tried Photon on my ipad I'd give it one out of ten.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  18. forestier56

forestier56 Forum Greenhorn

have anyone tried Puffin Pro ?

19. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

If Puffin is disabling adobe flash player, I guess Puffin Pro is too.

I know some people have bought Photon and it works very slowly.
    In might not be the best but it seems to be the only option so far

@Cassie101 Try modifying the settings. Maybe using a low quality or something similar will make the browser run smoother

sanddollar15 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.