Baby Boom

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ctindaldavies, Aug 4, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Hey guys, how do those of you that don't have this event start at 2pm, or 8am, deal with an 8 hour full hands on event that starts at 8pm and finishes at 4am?

Just after some thoughts. Obviously I dont have truck loads of animals at the moment so it is probably a moot point. Ta

FrootloopGrove and Nala777 like this.
  2. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Load the Breeding Hotel now, wait till Baby Booms starts and harvest straight away. Reload as many as you need using pheremones and pink jelly to bring time down, I think to about 15 minutes (as mine are loaded now I can't check exact time) and harvest again.

3. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Yes, I do the above too. I pre-load my hotel as more PF comes in so over the weeks in between each BB I gradually add more to the hotel. Then harvest them as soon as BB starts, and use any remaining PF with pheromones over the next few hours. Usually I don't have enough PF left to keep breeding, but it means I don't need to spend the whole time breeding (or miss valuable breeding time that I could use but need to sleep through instead)

4. RowSie

RowSie Regular

So... here is how I approach breeding events...
    1. If possible, donate base animals, so no need for breeding or too much power feed.
    2. If I do not have enough base animals, I breed only to the first level. The last I checked, a level 2 bred animal was less valuable than the 4 level 1 bred animals needed to make it (on top of the power feed use).
    3. As squigglegiggle and farmerumf already suggested, I load the hotel ahead of time to cut on time breeding and need for pheromones.
    4. If breeding only for the badges, like it is mostly the case for me tomorrow, I like to have a mix of the animal types needed and I pick the ones I'm working on getting the breeding types to make neon or pink pens. Let's say I need 75 badges for the mammals, I load 30 breeding tonight so tomorrow at first results, I can keep breeding from the resulting animals and hopefully I manage to progress on getting the ones I need to make new pink/neon pens and workshops.

I think there are cloud rows and products you can use to cut breeding time and get more EP from breeding. Pink Jelly cuts the time in 50%, there is the Healthy Treat that bosts EP from breeding by 1000%.

Hope this helps!
    Have fun everyone!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  5. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

Well these events usually start at 6 a.m. for me, so I set my alarm clock.

I got burned a couple years ago loading the breed-o-mat and leaving it overnight, so I tend to NOT do that, just because I'd rather not lose animals and PF ever again.

So I hoard pheromones and have plenty of pink jelly on hand (it's usually dirt cheap so don't bother buying the recipe), and I breed like crazy as soon as I'm up and have a cuppa in hand.

Oh - and on my main farms, I have cloud rows that reduce breeding time. When we have advance warning, I can save them so they are ready to go. If I have them all active, it's practically 'insta-breeding' if used in conjunction with pink jelly - saves pheromones that way.

So in your case, I'd sleep in and stay up late - with the BB starting at 8 p.m. (wait a minute - if it ends at 4 a.m. for you, wouldn't it start at 6 p.m.? Basically the opposite of my time zone?) Anyway, I'd just stay up late...get as much breeding done as soon as it starts as you can.

PS: this is dumbunny - this is one of the baby farms - I shut DB's farm down for the night already, so just popped in to see what was new from this farm.

6. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

Don't worry about missing out on the current Baby Boom. We usually have a shorter Baby Boom near the beginning of a breeding event and a few longer ones later on.

We used to get one very long Baby Boom over the weekend but recently, they've started cutting it up into a few shorter sessions ranging from 14h to 24h. I don't really know why...

Edit: Guess we're back to full weekend Baby Booms. :p

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  7. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Thank you all.
    Cloud row breeding buff I have is the easter eggs from 2012, thats it xDxDxD

FrootloopGrove likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.