Feedback "Back in the Days" Daily Quests

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Jan 9, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Back in the Days Daily Quests" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

sanddollar15 likes this.
  2. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I love this retrospective look back at features that are no longer part of the game. I appreciate that each quest requires different resources, although it makes it hard to remember where each day is to be focused. My only complaint, AGAIN, is WHY can we not use the EVENT field for this? It would be a perfect opportunity! But the graphics are excellent, the prizes are great, and I love Orla's little barn!

fun2farm, Bakers-Dozen and farmerumf like this.
  3. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

I have enjoyed the past quests. I haven't completed one fully but have gotten some good stuff.

This event however is a big challenge. I work in RL and cannot spend the time to manage a daily change in requirements. I don't mind the ones where I am building crops over the week. Very doable as you can plan farming around the schedule. Daily changing is more difficult as events start after my work day and evening doesn't provide enough time to build up the base crop.

4. LillyMae2016

LillyMae2016 Someday Author

I do not like the daily quests. I have to few animal pans to make the needed animals requested. I cannot get past the moose because I only have two pen. And as littletinbit says, I have a real life and cannot play allll day at this game. I appreciate that many enjoy these daily quest events, and I would too, if they were doable for all players.

Sue46 and Bakers-Dozen like this.
  5. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Love the idea, hate the execution. It can often take time to find the right animals, crops, trees etc. to use to get good drops. We all know a chicken stall isn't going to get drops every time it is harvested (in fact, it rarely will), but a bison pen will. However, striking a good balance between a long enough crop/stable to increase the chances of drops, and a crop/stable that is so long you can barely harvest it and therefore potentially lose drops, is really difficult. Nearly impossible within just 24 hours.

I was 1 drop off finishing part 1 of section 3. So I was essentially 111 drops short of finishing the quest. And yet the only option to help me out was a basket I have to pay for with real money. No option to buy drops with BBs (wouldn't have been worth the purchase, IMO, but why wasn't the option there?)

At this point, just stop marketing yourself as a free game. Farmerama is blatantly not free, although it likes to masquerade as such.

LillyMae2016, baw815, Sue46 and 3 others like this.
  6. Bakers-Dozen

Bakers-Dozen Forum Apprentice

LOL xD never thought I'd say it was good to see the weeds :p BUT it was goo to see the weeds. I had often thought I would like to see the weed as a giver or even a field deco. I hated when my crops would turn into weeds and I'd lose not only the new harvest BUT also the inventory that was planted; however, I did always save a couple of the small ones as a deco near the house or in a corner somewhere. off-topic: It would be nice to see the fences again too (just saying).

Get it over Get it done...I really like the speed quest.
    That is to say, if there is time to grow the crops, the needed things are in the barn
    (inventory), and/or there are CCs to buy it if not. It's a fun idea BUT everything is not for everyone. Whether it is because RL comes first (of course), lack of resources, or the flat out refusal to rearrange the present farm format. Whatever the case may be, I guess we do the best we can or just leave that one alone for the people it's a fit for. It's like the speed BB event it's over before I know it even began.
    I was glad to see that not all four quests were during the week.
    However; I think it would have been nice to have had a 24 hour period between each quest. Add a timer feature, using the 24 hrs on 24 hrs off as a pattern to the quests would give everyone 48 hours to complete a task but only 24 hours or less to do it in. With that pattern, the added timer, and the early release of the FAQs, it just may have been a bit more fairer. :wuerg:
    note: I did get my Moose, Mole, and orange up-grade not much else but good and BP thanks for the Pet Owl too cute and I love his little house.

You are correct you yourself could not buy just one or more extra drops BUT if you had a neighbor close to you, So close like you are to yourself kinda close (* - ~) they could have sent extra drops to you for 2 BBs each.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    zerodegrees and fun2farm like this.
  7. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

It must be 'bring-your-pre-school-children-to-work-day' at Farmerama, and somehow they are in charge of the daily event - day two.
    Now, sweetie(s), we can Only use each field for one thing at-a-time... so run along to Mama or Papa and tell them you have messed up, and need some help......:wuerg:

Bakers-Dozen likes this.
  8. Mellowmalt

Mellowmalt Active Author

have received quite a lot of good drops lately, got a cottonwood tree off the 4 sahara trees we got yesterday which was not hard to get for most with a bit of money. That is where I can see this quest weeding out the inefficient sunday players cause even I at one point got caught out by the amount of groundhogs I needed, was down to 3000 CC and needed a mill fast. Luckily got 10 mill within 10 mins which doesn't happen often at all but that was thx to my excess stock of crows from the neon event which are still selling well.

Not all events will be doable by free players but by picking and choosing the free to play players can do at least 50% of the quests imo which is still very good. This game still stands out above all other games in my books.

The last neon event did wipe me out - well worth it though- my farm is far more profitable now. You do need a certain level to complete this quest as it is challenging animal wise, cc wise and time wise. But ironically if you can finish it, it will help with future quests, making every one easier the more bonuses you pick up.

Bakers-Dozen and zerodegrees like this.
  9. jnnythct

jnnythct Junior Expert

Please take note devs - same as many others I'm sure, I play here daily and complete most events, but with a RL job I am really not appreciating these one day events that run into weekdays -.-

10. LillyMae2016

LillyMae2016 Someday Author

Agree

morris111 likes this.
  11. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Lovely to see the weeds back and not curse them, just enjoy their beauty, However had I not won 100% harvest a few times I would not have got enough crops. Please consider your players lives when setting crop targets.

LillyMae2016, morris111 and Cassie101 like this.
  12. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

feI failed some of these quests because I didn't turn in my last harvest which would have completed the event. There needs to be some time in between events so that we can get some sleep or set the end time for the last planting and allow us to donate the harvest later (within 24 hours). This happens all the time -- My level is high enough that I should be able to finish. I do not want to buy baskets to compete in events/quests. I do spend RM sometimes just to support the game since I have been playing for so long.

I would actually prefer a break between quests -- Four 24 hour quests in a row? What to do? Give up sleep, give up work, give up life or just give up the game?

I know that some players say you should pick which events/quests you want to do but that really does not make sense -- aren't we supposed to be playing the game?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  13. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I only actually managed to complete one of these quests. To be fair, though, I wasn't able to farm as regularly as normal and would have had no problem in my usual situation. :p

I missed out on the last one because of lack of drops which is really due to not being able maximise my harvesting but the first and third quests I missed because Orla's Barn had to be harvested like a pet or manually and I kept forgetting that. My fault but it would have been better, for me, if it was included in a normal harvesting. :eek:
    The quests were okay but the prizes didn't make me disappointed I didn't finish.:)

LillyMae2016 likes this.
  14. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.