Big Barn Theory Strategy Guide

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Decree, Dec 29, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decree

Decree Old Hand

You won't need that many more flax, because you'll be getting additional cardboard tubes from the fireworks batteries.

KaiCat33, alexis2112 and Aetheria14 like this.
  2. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

If you use CAC and the 3 Mainland fields (588 1x1's) you will need 5 full harvests of Firecracker Flowers and a tad over 3 Harvests of Flax. That is my strategy for growing junks after the nuking of the seeds. Then onto putting out all my pens for the upcoming animal event. Too bad there aren't any drops... I just got through doing several cycles of refining Carnations and got the Smart SSG Love, Early Bloomer and Brain Food refinements :cry: xD

KaiCat33, alexis2112, Willow and 11 others like this.
  3. Shiny.Sparkle

Shiny.Sparkle Junior Expert

Whew, next event already! Looking at my barn, I won't have enough oranges and pears to do the diamond level. Might not be able to get enough sheep either, it'll be close!!! Definitely don't have 4-5 CAC to throw in and certainly no refinements (what ever they are), but....

I'll jump in again and try to finish silver and gold. I'll be growing mostly on 2 fields and using the half of the glade I have open to try and finish the rest of the sheep and growing chickens for poo again.

Please everyone, help me out by buying my chickens and rabbits when you see them on the market, mamma wants more shiny, sparkly sheep stalls. xDxD

4. Aetheria14

Aetheria14 Regular

This event seems like a really nice level playing field for farmers of all levels, with no drops and mainlands only. Am I right in concluding that no field preparations are needed - just be ready to harvest and clear some space for the drops and start your buffs when the event starts?

Shiny Sparkle, if your market still has them for reasonable prices I would recommend buying the oranges and pears if you don't want to invest in the trees. You will have time to raise your own sheep, and stalls pay for themselves very quickly.

KaiCat33, alexis2112, Willow and 7 others like this.
  5. meba091

meba091 Forum Veteran

Hello Shiny.Sparkle!
    I like your spirit! I bet you can do it if you want! You just fight like this[​IMG] and sell them chickens and the poo too. Then you can afford to buy the tree fruit.
    But remember you don't have to do every event! You may consider building your barn too.
    Anyway go for it if you like - you will get help!;)

My strategy is to sell a little bit of sheep (and save the rest for the neon event), some goats and oranges and search the mkt for really really cheap offers as I don't have sugar for the bread :cry: I also hope to sell a lot of monkey feed!

Aretheria no need to prepare much. I will take it slow and harvest when i want to - have a few plots available at the start and that's about it for me. When I have enough I will grow on all 3 fields in a hurry and then produce animals. I am so low on animals.... so I guess it will be slow - then hurry hurry - and back to slow again lol

Good luck to all!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    KaiCat33, alexis2112, Willow and 6 others like this.
  6. Shiny.Sparkle

Shiny.Sparkle Junior Expert

Thanks, Aetheria14 & Meba091 for the advice!!

I've been keeping an eye on the market and just scored the oranges at a really good price, woohoo!! Always good to check stuff off the list.

I know I don't HAVE to do the event..... but I just DO!!!! As my game name shows I like surprises and shiny, sparkly new things and so far the events seem to hand them out. I'm also working to build stock in the barn and it is slowly growing. I'm only selling half of the chickens and rabbits I make each day right now so my stock of them is growing right now.

7. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Woooooow Weeeeee! Over 15 gazillion junks and no one is disturbed about it but me. :cry: 15 gazillion :cry:

Meba, I'm going to take your advice to Aetheri14: "...no need to prepare much."

I'll change it just a tab bit to: No need to prepare at all. xD

Over 15 gazillion :cry:

8. mingling

mingling Forum Baron

Decree, Thank-you. No matter how many times I redid it I got different answerso_O It will make your head hurt, that's fine I just go by basics even though I have some goodies I just go with if I had none any time left over on CAC and such I do wheat always a good filler as it money at the market. I bow to you, thanks for your time in answering.

Clashstrummer, Hi buddy! I hear ya, the only thing that makes my fun on here a little dim is the math, I am lacking in them brain cells.
    I foolishly tried to do values of: if you have XXX amount of yellows and XXX amount of reds what you get compared to plain and sets of 5 upgrades at a time and seeing if it's worth it to buy something that only gives a few hours difference compared to waiting and getting reds in lots of five... and seeing the animal amount gain. -.-I think I hurt myself in doing this-.- I am having flashbacks of train A .......:eek:

9. GuineaUp

GuineaUp Forum Great Master

Yep, 15 gazillion junks, lol. But that means a lot of us will need to buy at least a gazillion poos from you! I think they came up with this event just for you @farmer_broke -.- (But after the last few events, I'd much rather grow 15 gazillion junks than stress about my farm's pathetic drop rate again!)

10. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Sorry if I have confused you all o_O The crops can be grown on Main/Meadow/Glade/Baha/Rainforest (all main lands) :p

Carry on with your strategies.

11. GuineaUp

GuineaUp Forum Great Master

o_O That changes things up a notch or 2 as far as putting out pens for poo goes. Glad I hesitated on buying enough extra Parrot pens to fill up Baha and the Rainforest, lol

Oh well at least growing the 15 gazillion junks will go quicker than it would have with just using 3 fields...8)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  12. mingling

mingling Forum Baron

o_O:cry:o_O:sleepy:-.-I just set up the fields on both farms.......................Now I know I hurt myself..........clap on.... clap off.... clap on clap off I hate my self. Now if using both main fields and the forest I will need three rounds and 4 or four rounds and 6? :sleepy:

KaiCat33, alexis2112 and Aetheria14 like this.
  13. bearbabe

bearbabe Junior Expert

Here I am taking down my animals and setting up my fields for long overnight crops for good drops, and we don't even need any, doh!:wuerg:xD

14. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

xDxD I did the same thing bearbabe :D Kept going back to the FAQ trying to find the drops -.-
    Looks like an easy event. Thanks everybody for figuring out the numbers :) if I would slow down and read I would realize there are No drops :p

15. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Even posting the FAQ, I still go checking to see if drops were added xDxDxD

16. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

LOL Shooger! Thanks for the update - very welcome. Just don't come back with any change on the drops! Basket of goodies waiting in the usual place! ;)

KaiCat33, alexis2112, meba091 and 3 others like this.
  17. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Hope you all had a Lovely Christmas....Now we are getting Ready for The New Year....So Happy New Year to All for 2016......We not had an Easy Event for Ages as it makes a nice change too....Certainly all Newbies should be able to complete this Event with Easy as there was Confusion with FAQ to begin with to which Fields we can grow Event Crops.

The Good News we have noticed no drops are needed therefore there is no need to Prepare our Farms to get good drops for this Event, I am Relieved to Hear that we are able to use the Island and Rain Forest to Grow Events, plus use of Main Land, Green Meadow and Glade !!! that we will be able to complete this event sooner...

I was up in middle of night Posting this as I have missed out Firework Crackers that helps us Gain Cardboard Tubes. So I have Change and Edited the Steps. Here is Revamp Steps thanks to Decree Pointing it out !!!

Big Barn Theory Tasks

• CAC Buff Activated in Diamond Slot
    • White Innocents Buff Activated in Gold Slot (Gives 10% Effectiveness use of Super Grow)
    • Harvester 2014 Magic Stork Row Activated (Gives 5% Effectiveness on use of Super Grow)
    • Willing to use Supergrow for Nuking Event Crops
    • Willing to use Suzy Supergrow to Boost Seeding Stock of Event Crop + 2 per Event Crop
    • Willing to use Manure and Water
    • Growth Boost Rune Makes Manure 5% More Effective, Plus Make Super Grow 60% Effective

Since this Event is going to be Allocating two lots of Event Crops of 5 Seeding Flax and Firework Crackers Each, I will Explain my Nuking tactic on Basis of 5 Event Crop Seed only. But you can Enhanced this if you are willing to Buy Event Baskets either small, Medium or Large Baskets but this always cost BB.

Nuking Event Seeding !st Planting Round Requirement
    • Firstly Prepare Farm for Nuking Tactic as Above
    • Plant 5 Event Crops into 5 (2x2 Fields)
    • Add 5 Super Grow to Each Event Crop
    • Add 5 Suzy Super Grow to Each Event Crop
    • Add Water and Manure to Event Crop
    On Your First Harvest please make sure that you have CAC Activated in Diamond Slot, Added Suzy Super Grow to Event Crops that gives you 45 Event Crops of Flax and Firework Crackers on your First Harvest !!!

Nuking Event Seeding 2nd Planting Round Requirement
    • Reaping First Round of Event Crops gives you 45 Event Crops
    • Re Seed those 45 Event Crops into 45 x (2x2) Fields
    • Add Water and Manure to Event Crops
    • Add Super Grow This is optional as you need 45 Supergrow this time
    • Add Suzy Super Grow This is Optional as you need 45 SSG this time

Nuking Event Seeding 3rd Planting Round Requirement
    • Reaping Second Round of Event Crops gives you 315 Event Crops
    • 45 (2x2) X 7 Event Crops using without SSG gives you 315 Event Crops
    • Re Seed those 315 Event Crops into 315 2x1 Fields
    • Add Water and Manure to Event Crops
    • No need to use any Supergrow at this stage
    • No need to use any Suzy Super Grow at this stage
    • When your 2x1 Fields are ready to harvest Ensure all fields are now 1x1 ready for Replanting
    • Continue to Replant Event Crops until you have just over Event Crop Requirements
    • Always Ensure that CAC Buff is Activated in Diamond Slot

Level One

• Donate 825 Fire Crackers
    • Donate 850 Flax
    • 75 Goats
    • Use 30 Firework Batteries (Gaining 120 Cardboard Tubes)
    Level Two

• Donate 120 Cardboard Tubes
    • Donate 750 Flax
    • 500 Potatoes
    • Use 35 Firework Batteries (Gaining 140 Cardboard Tubes)
    Level Three

• Donate 120 Cardboard Tubes
    • Donate 1300 Firework Crackers
    • 100 Sheep
    • Use 40 Firework Batteries (Gaining 160 Cardboard Tubes)

Level 4

• Use 575 Firework Crackers to Mill 115 Pryoblooms (115 Cardboard Tubes already in your Barn)
    • Donate 1475 Firework Crackers
    • Donate 115 Pryoblooms
    • Donate 175 Pears
    Level 5

• Use 850 Flax to Mill 85 Cardboard Tubes
    • Use 650 Firework Crackers to Mill 130 Pryoblooms
    • Also use 45 Cardboard Tubes remaining in your Barn plus use 85 Milled Cardboard Tubes
    • Donate 130 Pryoblooms
    • Donate 2200 Flax
    Level 6

• Use 1800 Flax to Mill 180 Cardboard Tubes
    • Use 900 Firework Crackers to Mill 180 Pryoblooms using 180 Milled Cardboard Tubes
    • Donate 180 Pryoblooms
    • Donate 3400 Firework Crackers
    • Donate 115 Oranges
    I Hope This Help Those who are not good with Maths and for Newbies too as i like to see All Newbies able to complete this Event. Finally an Event Everyone can complete Good Luck...;)

I am Planning to get this Event Completed ASAP then I need to Grow as Many Sheep,Ducks and Cows as I can ready for Breeding Based Event Starting in the New Year. Might be doing some Poo Farming if Manure Prices go sky high during this event Hope you have Fan and Enjoy this Event Happy New Year Everyone :D;)xD

18. Decree

Decree Old Hand

It seems to me that in both cases you present, you suggest growing too much Flax. I believe this is due to some confusion as to what Pyroblooms are/do.

Event Quests require 3750 Flax to turn in. (Total Flax 3750)
    We then need an additional 425 Pyroblooms to turn in. This would be another 4250 Flax for milling Cardboard Tubes. (Total Flax 8000)
    An additional 225 Cardboard Tubes are require to turn in. Another 2250 Flax. (Total Flax 10250)
    Each Fireworks Battery will provide 4 Cardboard Tubes, there are 105 FWBs for a total of 420 Cardboard Tubes. Thus negating the need for 4200 Flax. (Total Flax 6050)

Here is my personal plan of action.
    • Grow 2000 Firework Flowers (825 for first level of quests, the rest for seeding)
    • Grow 2000 Flax (800 for first level of quests, the rest for seeding)
    • Complete Level 1 Silver, Gold, and Diamond (Collect 30 Firework Batteries)
    • Use 30 Firework Batteries to obtain 120 Cardboard Tubes
    • Grow 750 Flax (for second level of quests, while still maintaining my seeds)
    • Complete Level 2 Silver, Gold, and Diamond (Collect 35 Firework Batteries)
    • Use 35 Firework Batteries to obtain 140 CT's. Total CT's after Level 2 quests will now be 155.
    • Grow an additional 1300 Firework Flowers (Level 3, plus seeds)
    • Complete Level 3 Silver, Gold, and Diamond (Collect 40 FWBs)
    • Use 40 FWB's to gain 160 CT's. Total CT's after Level 3 will now be 195.
    • Grow 2300 Flax
    • Mill the required 425 Pyroblooms using the 2300 Flax and 195 CT's left over from FWB's.
    • Grow the additional 1000 Flax needed.
    • Grow the additional 5825 Firework Flowers needed.
    • Complete Level 4-6 Silver, Gold, and Diamond.
    • Grow Violets and Potatoes on Mainland Farms while CAC still activated and Parrots on Bahamarama Island to sell Manure.

19. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

Grizzle Time
    A new event looms, and what can I see?
    What pitfalls in this is there going to be ?
    Some events that we do, we have no time to spare
    But this one runs all the way into next year !!
    xD
    The next thing to complain about usually is drops...
    What ! None !
    (long pause -stunned silence..) Well... err.. is there too many crops?
    Hmmm... not too bad .. on all of our fields...
    Who can I blame if no 'CAC' loses yields?
    :wuerg:
    No drops?? it must be a colossal blunder
    or are they just trying to steal away my thunder?
    Oh this is Not Fair - I cannot complain.....
    unless..... unless I take my laptop out in the rain!
    :(
    Fairs fair, and it does seem to me
    this event will be fun in all reality...
    So off I go, to check my inventory
    I've oranges and spuds - yes there is plenty !!
    ;)

20. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Thank you to the people for doing the strategy's ....without you ... I don't think i for one ...would be able to finish these events ...without the knowledge you give us about CAC's and all the other buffs and wrinkles to the game

Have got one of those firework batteries left over from another event ..only found it the other day tucked up in a corner... don't know what year that was LOL
    Isn't as pretty as these ones

Can never seem to get more then 42 from my field ... have tried many times trying to achieve it..always end up filling in with 1x1's and 2x1's
    Aww found another one while harvesting by taking two trees out... so thats makes it 43 only another 2 to find lol

Love the flax... how beautiful...hope we can keep them after the event..mind you i might not be saying that at the end xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.