BigFish dropping Farmerama

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by dumbunny, Mar 18, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I haven't posted sooner ragarding this because I was hoping it was erroneous information that a fellow farmer received. However, today I received the same information from BigFish.

BigFish is discontinuing Farmerama on their site. I cannot get a date of discontinuance out of support at this time. I have replied and asked again for the last day the game will be available on the BigFish site.

In the meantime, I am now asking for BigPoint's help.

I have tried and am unable to access BigFish farm via the BigPoint website (in other words, directly through BigPoint). I believe this is because when we originally set up our farms via BigFish we created a user name, but no password. Using our BigFish password, does not work (yes, I've tried).

So what I need from BigPoint is assurance that when the time comes that BigFish drops Farmerama, we BF players will be able to successfully access our farms directly through BigPoint.

If this will not be possible, I need to know now.

The farm in question is sewinglady ID#52647366.

Thank you for any help and/or guidance you can provide.

007Farming, farmlily3 and Cassie101 like this.
  2. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello dumbunny,

At this point we have not received any information about BigFishGames dropping Farmerama from their website, but I will be updating you in this thread, and we will most likely have an announcement on this topic, if this will happen. I have escalated the concerns and I will let you know as soon as I know anything! Thank you for your patience during this process.

As for the login - no, whenever you register through a partner, you cannot log into the game directly, it is not going to work :( . Normally, when a partner discontinues one of the Bigpoint games, their account is migrated either manually or through an implemented process to a direct login, to prevent the accounts from being lost, but that is only done when the game is no longer available through the partner's website.

Are you unable to access your account through BigFishGames at the moment?
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

3. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Teddy.Bear - first of all thank you for the quick response and for allaying my fears of losing my main farm.

I am still able to log into sewinglady's farm via BigFish. I've asked for, but have not received any confirmation of a date of discontinuance. If I do receive any word on an actual date, I will also update here. I haven't made any in-game purchases via BigFish for a while, so I'm not sure if I'm still able to do that, but at least I am currently able to access my farm.

Thanks again for all your help.

007Farming and farmlily3 like this.
  4. teddy.bear

You are most welcome, and thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Best regards,
    teddy.bear

007Farming, farmlily3 and dumbunny like this.
  5. teddy.bear

Hello @dumbunny ,

Nobody here at Bigpoint is aware of anything about BigFishGames no longer supporting Farmerama. Where did this initially come from? Where did you find information about the game no longer being supported? You did mention you got a confirmation from their support, but can you give us more details?

You can also reach out to our support team if you prefer to continue this thread privately, as I do not advise you to share publicly any private messages / e-mail, but if you could point us to the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.

If anyone else has some helpful information on this, do not hesitate to let us know. The only thing I can think of is that this is related to the Flash support termination at the end of the year - but Farmerama is going to be available before that, using different technologies.
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

Update:
    Hello dumbunny and all BigFishGames users :) ,

We have officially received the confirmation that this information was completely false and BigFishGames has no intention of discontinuing Farmerama on their website.
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

007Farming and baw815 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.