Feedback Birthday Fun 'n' Games

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Jan 24, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

jigsawpuzzlejan2024_news.png
    Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Birthday Fun 'n' Games" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

Sadly, the game is laggy and buggy. I get pieces, I try to place them, I get the spinning flower of death, I get kicked out of the game, I'm not sure what happens to the pieces I generated or anything because when I try to go back in I just get the spinning flower of death. You really shouldn't introduce new games and interfaces if they aren't tested properly.

EDIT: In point of fact, I'm getting more and more annoyed. It's bad enough that some of us don't have the patience or time to outwait the spinning flower and complete the mini games. It seems to truly be screwing up the other elements of the game. Milling food, Alpine Gardens, giving gifts to friends, harvesting and fertilizing crops--all activities are slow, laggy, and require a refresh or restart more than once during a normal harvest cycle.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    007Farming, sanddollar15 and Nordais like this.
  3. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Enjoying this new game mechanism! Time consuming, but fun. Really appreciate that the two event plants take the same amount of time to grow. Very bright and colorful scenes, nice rewards, and drops appear to be plentiful. All around win. The entire game is indeed buggy and laggy on all fields and there is a lot of waiting, which is disappointing but not unexpected.

sanddollar15, sunshineaz and Nordais like this.
  4. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

It would be nice to have a picture of the finished jigsaw as you would if you bought one. With the lagging and lack of picture it took me 20 minutes to do one 20 piece jigsaw and I am used to doing 1000 pieces with a picture.

5. .Sneezer222.

.Sneezer222. Forum Apprentice

I love the game in theory. But it took me almost an hour to do 2 puzzles. The game is just incredibly buggy.

007Farming, sanddollar15 and Nordais like this.
  6. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I am unable to play the puzzle mini-games. The spinning flower of doom has twirled for over 45 minutes. I'm done. Spent money on baskets for 3 farms. I think this may be the end. 12 years...and it's time to move on.

007Farming, sapu73, Sue46 and 4 others like this.
  7. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

It's not the first time we get to do puzzles, a rare occurence but still. The concept is fun, that gives us another kind of mini-game to play. But the mechanics of the event is too complicated for no reason whatsoever. Either do like the sewing/gardening events and give us 3 puzzle pieces at a time, or let us see them all like in the tetris style event in a side window so that we can pick and place the ones we want.

But not this over the top complicated click to transform a Birthday Present into 1 puzzle piece, lign them in a tab window that can only show 3 pieces max. We should be able to rotate the puzzle pieces with the space bar just like any item in the normal farm configuration. Too many puzzle pieces need to be rotated 3 times to have them in the correct position, the spinning daisies of death are freezing the game in each step aforementioned which results in taking players over a minute a piece to play.

Also, all puzzles should be the same size so that the prizes for placing down puzzle pieces make sense: why should we get a prize for placing down 22 pieces when the 22nd piece will not complete a puzzle???!!!

Not being able to rotate the pieces before they are placed on the board is frustrating. Once a piece is placed on the board, it cannot be put back into the side bar and we need to "deal" with it blocking the space for the right piece.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  8. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

Birthday Fun 'n' Games.

I am so glad I didn't even start this event on any of my farms. From everything I've read (here and in other places in the forum), this event doesn't come close to fun.

007Farming likes this.
  9. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

A lot of time and effort by the development crew has gone into this beautiful visual extravaganza for the birthday event.
    Unfortunately, this is going to be lost and forgotten in the fog of discontent sweeping through as we blunder from crash to crash in this motorway pile-up disaster.

[​IMG]

10. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Having had the chance to play several more puzzles today, minus the crashing every 12 seconds, I am enjoying it even more! Having discovered the trick that the rotator goes away when you have it placed correctly, it is even more enjoyable, and I hope we have many more events like this one! I love working with no picture, having to use logic to figure out which way is up and then build from there. I do real life puzzles with no picture as well; perhaps have the option to call up the picture if one wants, but if it was right there I would be distracted into looking at it when I'd prefer not. I love that we can pick which puzzle to work on, based upon the thumbnail or the prize, if we might not be able to finish the whole event. And the scenes themselves are adorable.

11. MisterMustard

MisterMustard Someday Author

Great game. Shame it has been infested with the spinning daisy of death.

12. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I applaud the developers for a different mechanic. I'm glad the crops are the same harvest duration. In the event window, the total number of pieces placed reads pieces needed. I am grateful they are not timed and hope they never become so. We have enough timed mini games in events that make you feel stressed and in a hurry that detracts from being able to enjoy them (the macarons is what comes to mind) that once the game issues are resolved, this mechanic should be fun. The puzzles are not too large and the images are cute.

As a general rule, I think one event sticker is plenty. ;)One puzzle was 30 pieces. That is 600 each of both event crops. 1200 crops, milling time and mini game time for a sticker. Not sure why we need 3 stickers this time:p

Puppy paws crossed that the Team can find a workable solution so we can return to celebrating many years of farming together :)

13. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Happy Birthday Farmerama , I am hoping there are many more!:music: The Mini game was a cute and fun idea "IF" the game had been working properly it would have been fun to play, BUT as you know, it was very time consuming and tedious to try to play!:p I did manage to complete the whole event , but just to play the 25 puzzles it took over 3 days because of spinning daisys:cry: I love the cute and colorful Cloud row and puzzle pictures.

14. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

This was horribly buggy and I had to refresh the game over 100 times, but I really liked the game and I hope it's fixed and used again.

15. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Padavan

I love, Love, LOVE :inlove::inlove::inlove: this event! I found this event to be just challenging enough to keep me wanting to come back and wishing I had enough crops to mill enough pieces to do them all at once! The spinning daisy was annoying, but with a bit of patience, it wasn't too bad and usually cleared itself up after about 15-20 seconds. I was sad to see it close early.

BellaMary69, sanddollar15 and Nordais like this.
  16. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Great Master

I finished my last 2 puzzles this morning and loved the event. Much more relaxing and pleasant than the timed puzzles or the memory puzzles. One of my very favorite events in Farmerama. I can't wait to see this event again, PLEASE!

The game played very well today with the adjustments that were made and I had zero issues with the spinning flower and lock ups. No refreshes or relogging were needed.

Thank You for a great event resolution after all the issues that led up to this.

17. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Although it was very frustrating with the lagging and spinning sunflowers, I liked the actual event. Let's hope the Devs can sort out the problems and we will see this type of event again in the future. :music:

18. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Technical issues aside, this was a joyful event. I had great fun.

Nordais and sanddollar15 like this.
  19. mr.dózsa

mr.dózsa Forum Greenhorn

the birthday game goes smoothly, i enjoy this game and thank you very much!

Nordais likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.