Birthday Fun'n'Games

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Nordais, Jan 24, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

This event is a puzzle making event, players will need to mill Birthday Presents, turn them into puzzles pieces and solve 25 puzzles to complete the event. Both the Green Meadow and the Main field will be used to do so.

Event crops:

Party Floret 5h30 on Main field only
    Fancy Cake Bush 5h30 on Green Meadow only

Event drop:

Party Crackers from crops and trees on Main field and Green Meadow

Milling item:

Birthday Present: 20 Party Florets + 20 Fancy Cake Bushes + 2 Party Crackers + 15s in mill

Each player will start with 20 Birthday Presents (so 20 puzzle pieces). There's 25 puzzles to solve and the have 20/25/30 pieces each. To finish the event, players will need to play 600 Birthday Presents - 20 Free Birthday Presents = players must mill 580 Birthday Presents.

To get the cloud row only, one has to play 540 puzzle pieces (-20 free) = mill 520 Birthday Presents

To get the cloud row only:
    (milling 520 Birthday Presents)
    To complete the event:
    (milling 580 Birthdays Presents)
    10400 Party Florets11600 Party Florets
    10400 Fancy Cake Bushes11600 Fancy Cake Bushes
    1040 Party Crackers1160 Party Crackers
    Since the milling item asks for the same amount of event crops from both fields, players should harvest the same amount on both fields to keep up with the milling. Using 202 1x1 plots with Carrot Apple Chutney would yield 606 event crops per field per harvest, making it possible to mill 30 Birthday Presents per harvest. Depending on what you're going for, that's about 12 to 14 full harvests. Lets hope drops will keep up with the event crops.

With both options, players will get a second set of givers which aren't bad at all (some better than the Hamster Fly Trap). The cloud row gives +1 Shire Horse (animal from main farm), +1 Daisies (flower on main farm), +1 Turnip (vegetable on main farm) during 8h, 150% EP/TEP booster during 6h for givers on Moonlight Mania fields (read in the Haunted House only for now) and 1800 x Main farm level EP with a cool down of 44 hours. Not bad at all!

Good luck everyone!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    Flower, Nala777, Brookeham and 11 others like this.
  2. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thank you, thank you Nordais for crunching the numbers! I have both lands prepared to get drops so I will attempt this event and hope I can grow all the crops needed! Good luck everyone and I hope the puzzle pieces all fit! lol

3. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Holy cow. I am trying to figure out if I am doing this event on sewinglady's farm only, or if I'm doing it on the usual 3 farms.

The cloud row really only benefits SL's farm. That farm has all those high level stables out on the secrety land where you can't plant crops (opened at EV level 25). None of my other farms fool with those stables. On the other hand, maybe someday?

Am I going to want to do all those puzzles X 3?

Giving this a mull-over. I'm going to prepare the fields (actually, they are already there) and put in long timed crops this morning.

Good luck to all who decide to participate.

4. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Baron

Thanks, Northy for the great breakdown. Whew, seems rather a lot of work for this old farmer, and we have busy RL days ahead, so I will give it a skip. Wish success to everyone working on the puzzles. May you all reach your goals!

PS To my good neighbors, please do not send me event drops, but rather pass them on to those doing the event. :)

Flower, Nordais, 12ss12 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Thanks Nordais for the very nice breakdown.

5 days, 3 harvest per day = 15 harvest per field. This should be doable I'm in, although I'm not sure the prizes are worth it

6. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I am in for this event. Cloud row is attractive.

7. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Nordais for doing the sums. ;)
    :p
    This farm won't be doing this event, no prizes that really grab me BUT because I like the look of the mini-event, one of my baby farms (Chevrefeuille) will be participating - this one usually struggles a bit with the Season events so the extra Season points will come in very handy. If the game proves to be enjoyable, maybe the other two farms will join in - I've missed so many events, I can speed up the crops to make up for lost time!
    Good luck all. :)

8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Well this has been a fun morning. What to do with my time when I can't farm (hums Jeopardy theme song in my head).

Decided I'm going to try for some of those season points on this farm and PM23's. Don't care if I don't finish the event, just garnering what I can.

Off to start the day's falderal.

9. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

Nope. I have changed my mind.

I have managed to get SL's farm planted with the event crop. Got half way through gifting neighbors when the whole thing crashed again.

I haven't event harvested this farm or dumbunny's and I'm not going to. I don't event know if I'm going to bother with coming back to collect daily gifts, etc. later on today. This is worse than watching paint dry.

10. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Couldn't get in this morning, the only day where I had an early appoitment... Just got in the game but my day of harvest has been lost... I hate the fact that I'll have to go through my 50 pages of marked cloud rows to realigned and replaned bonuses & al! :mad:

I'm gonna concentrate of the 2 event fields, the rest will wait until tomorrow.

11. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

just got the event plant in on this farm's two fields. Gonna be good enough for me, too. Rest of farming can wait until they fix this mess. Don't use the client - doesn't even open for me at this point.

Edited to add:

Client seems to be running better than it has in a long time this evening. Woot!

Okay, here's what I know: DO NOT WAIT TO THE LAST MINUTE TO PLAY THE PUZZLES! They take forever! You have to rotate nearly every piece. The game hangs and you get the rotating flower of doom all the time. The puzzle pieces are very uniform and the pictures are fairly easy to figure out once you get started, it's just a slow interface and the added "twist" of rotating the pieces makes it take a lot longer than I would like. So doing this on 3 farms, yeah, put me in a straightjacket and haul me to the funny farm by the end of this event.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  12. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

the client was so slow and buggy so I thought I'd try the browser but Farmerama crashed the entire Firefox and closed all my open tabs. Oh well.

13. cats50

cats50 Regular

Also note once you have piece in correct location the turning thing in center disappeared so sometimes you can place piece correctly first time

14. illy1996

Birthday Bonus Code: 14BDay!

I have been playing this game since March 2010! Unbelievable! :D

15. 12ss12

Me too. Playing since 2010. I think from May. 14 years in a game. That is a great thing. Forum plays a great role in bonding us together, giving us a community spirit.

MeadowCrossing, Nordais and dumbunny like this.
  16. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Illy and 12ss12 you both seem so sane :eek:xD My first account I started in 2011, but it was lost. Which is a shame cos I had all the turtle boys.

Anyway I spun the lux wheel 100 times, and managed to snag 2 harvest boost, so the event just got a lot more easy. Despite the server going down on it's knees. I'm now milling 150 whatevers and crossing the fingers for a fun minievent. And growing grapes in Bahama, sweet grapes, not sour.

17. 12ss12

xDxDxD
    Yes. That's a great accomplishment ! Isn't it ? By the by, you are also only one year less. So you can join in our club ! xDxD The Sane Club inspite of being exposed to insanity for 14 years !

I still remember we had rains and flooding in our fields, unharvested crops turned weeds, EP giver that gave 35 EP and cloud row that gave 750 EP, we had time and space to place decorations and arrange them in our main fields, etc., And I remember our good old friends who have left the game. :inlove: Wishing them well.

18. illy1996

Oh indeed, One-Two, I remember the floods - and in those days we lost crops if the plot got flooded! :cry:
    Hey, Moraine, who are you calling sane? :p

I often pass names in my friends list of people who no longer play and think of them. I think of going through my list to delete those who don't play any more... but I never quite get around to doing it! :music:

19. 12ss12

Me too, illy. Me too. I can never delete them.

Howdy Farmers,

The Game Team is currently focused on fixing the issues and trying to get the game stable again.

We recognize this has been an inconvenience and apologize for it. We are working hard to restore the game.

To keep you updated, here is some additional information:

• Each player will receive 8 Birthday Presents (event item) as a gesture of goodwill today. Players will see a pop up message.
    • Further compensation will happen next week
    • A script is running to book the Daily Login Bonus for those player who were not able to collect it yesterday. It will take 24 hours to complete so we ask for your patience.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

20. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Good morning all! I see that the client is still holding steady, so going to try to farm via that today.

I think I started via BigFish with this game in the fall of 2012. I had no idea that 12 years later I would still be farming not just that farm (sewinglady's) but 3 'main', 4 'baby', and 6 'fallow'. I blame myself for having listened to farmer_broke. And sanity was never my strong suit, so there is that.

I'm off to twirl puzzle pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.