Carnival Queen + "Disaster Candy" Carnival Support Quest

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Nordais, Feb 14, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Carnival Queen is back, tossing Star Coins that can be spent into the Star Coin Shop. To get to play the mini-game, players must get Floral Candy Baskets either from milling them or getting them from the side quest.

Event crop: Sweet Rose 5h30 on all 3 Tropical (Baha) lands only

Event drop: Candy Basket from trees & crops on all 3 Tropical (Baha) lands only

Milling item: Floral Candy Basket 500 Sweet Roses + 21 Candy Baskets + 15 sec milling time

Each player will get 1 Floral Candy Bakset to try the mini-game!

To get the cloud row & the 1 giver, players need to play 50 mini-games (milling 49 Floral Candy Bakets). This time around, milling the 49 Floral Candy Baskets to play the mini-games and get the cloud row takes less event crops and drops than completing the side quest.

If your goal is to finish the event (60 mini-games played / 59 Floral Candy Baskets), doing the "Disaster Candy" Carnival Support Quest is your best bet!

To play 50 mini-games (milling 49 Floral Candy Baskets + 1 free):

24500 Sweet Roses
    1029 Candy Baskets
    49 Floral Candy Baskets + 12min 15sec milling time

To play 51 mini-games (completing silver steps only on all 4 levels of the Quest + 1 free):

24850 Sweet Roses
    1055 Candy Baskets
    no milling (50 Floral Candy Baskets as rewards)

To finish the event playing over 60 mini-games by completing the "Disaster Candy" Carnival Support Quest (65 Floral Candy Baskets + 1 free):

27250 Sweet Roses
    1270 Candy Baskets
    no milling required (65 Floral Candy Baskets as rewards)

Good luck everyone!

2. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

ewww.

Thanks, Northy!, for crunching the numbers and laying out the options.

I think I might do this event on sewinglady's farm and skip the other two. First off PM23's farm doesn't produce workshop items (except for the ones you can get from trees). So no reason to fool with this falderal for that farm.

Is it my imagination or are their duplicates in the photos of things we can purchase with star coins? I don't understand. And I don't need any of that stuff (okay except for the crates of buffs). And we'll have to see just how plentiful (or not) the star coins are in the loot from the queen.

Good luck to all who decide to participate!

3. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Greedy ones do support quest and mill baskets.
    I am missing some of mystery items, now I can buy them with Star coins. I wonder how generous the Queen is with Star coins. They can be so easily mixed with cc in a hurry of catching them.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    dumbunny, Jarrow, Moraine and 3 others like this.
  4. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks, Northy, for figuring out the figures. ;)
    I will be doing the Support Quest and milling baskets if I have any crops left over! :music:
    Good luck all! :inlove:

dumbunny, Jarrow, Moraine and 2 others like this.
  5. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Yes, there's a repeat of some wonder stables in the pictures. I forgot to mention that there's 2 earlier Carnival Cloud rows offered in the Star Coin Shop + their givers. Nothing is needed from the Star Coin Shop for this event cloud row.

12ss12, xiop, davidb1yth007 and 6 others like this.
  6. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thank you Northy, for your detailed strategy post! I will attempt to do the Support Quest and do the whole event!:p I have cleared Rain Forest and Baha Plantation of everything and planted Ixora to get initial drops I also put 4 howies on each land:music: leaving Crystal Falls with pens and trees so I can get both drops and manure from pens! Good luck everyone I hope we all reach our goals!

xiop, dumbunny, Jarrow and 2 others like this.
  7. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Board Analyst

I close my eyes and voila ! This is ready, smiling to those 25000 plants, supereasy! Drops even less is to think... But cakes... Running around cakes in crosery store MANY weeks !

edit-correct me if wrong: that other 24hours plant in Bahama, white one gives same amount of drops than Ixora? And that "other crop" have a -4% time silverplace bonus, because NO Flowers CR in use about 23 hours... I planted that white 24h crop!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  8. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Another old event, which I don't mind. Thank you Nordais for the number crunch and starting the thread. I needed to do a change of crystal falls anyway so this event gives me the gentle nudge I needed.

ç.çiftçi, dumbunny, Jarrow and 2 others like this.
  9. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Connoisseur

3 areas cleared for fields and saguaros growing for drops with only one goal in mind. :):p

:music::pThe first breadnut tree.:music::p

10. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

I just hope that the word "Disaster" wasn't used as a warning for this event....

11. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Lol I was thinking the same thing!:oops::music:

12. Jarrow

Jarrow Forum Apprentice

Carnival Queen Magic Stalk Row VIII
    Gives: 100% extra EP/TEP when harvesting workshops for 5 hours, 10% reduced growing time for "mainland" workshops for 4 hours
    Cooldown time: 35 hours
    requires the event item (once charges are used), any four 1x1 deco items plus any two 1x2 deco items

I might be misreading the FAQ, but it appears that the REQUIRED event item is the one that is provided at playing 60 games. This means that if the CR is your goal, then you need the full 60 games. :wuerg:

With all the recent server problems, I will be making sure I start completing those games by day 2 or so. Waiting until the end has been known to crash the servers without all our recent challenges. ;)

Good luck to all that choose to participate.

ç.çiftçi, sanddollar15 and Nordais like this.
  13. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

There's 2 copies of the giver that are given in the event: the first one after player 35 mini-games, the cloud row after playing 50 mini-games and lastly the second copy of the giver at mini-game #60.

sanddollar15 and Jarrow like this.
  14. Jarrow

Jarrow Forum Apprentice

Obviously I did not real ALL of the grid. Thanks for taking my anxiety down a notch. :inlove:

Nordais and sanddollar15 like this.
  15. racheliz

racheliz Forum Inhabitant

This event will be a good time to try out the new Peanut Butter Cup recipe as it increases drops by 5% on Baha x 2hrs.
    Drops will come from all three Baha fields. Will it make a difference I wonder?

Edit: 1st harvest of ixora on 3 full fields with new buff gave 295 candy baskets. Hope that's a promising start ;)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
  16. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

That last giver at mini-game #60 is + giver (has charges and gives extra goody). So it's different from the one we need for the CR. I believe that after the charges are used, it gives a pretty decent amount of EP, too.

I've started my morning ministrations on SL's farm. The slog has begun. I have to do something with the Crystal Falls area. I do not want to pull all those animal pens and trees up!

Nordais, sanddollar15 and Jarrow like this.
  17. Jarrow

Jarrow Forum Apprentice

Not sure how my drops compare to without Peanut Butter Cup, but for 2.5 fields of LalLab Bean, I ended up with 290 drops. The last half field has pens that I did not move yet. With the Tiki Timer, I was able to get these to an overnight crop since I forgot to put in one of the 24 hour crops and I did not want to use green goo for the prep.

Nordais and sanddollar15 like this.
  18. gardengal

gardengal Exceptional Talent

Thanks for starting this thread and giving us the numbers @Nordais :)

I have always loved this event and I adore the style of graphics this year. It reminds me of another year that it looked the same or similar to this year, 2017 or 2018 maybe? Not sure.

Good luck to everyone, I hope you catch wonderful prizes and complete all mini-games for the CR and buy some needed items from the shop.
    :)

Seems my drops weren't that great compared to others. I got 183 baskets from 2 fields of ixora and one field of trees. I think if I'd had ixora on all 3 fields I may have gotten better drops.

19. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Connoisseur

Main goal achieved. :D So happy !!! :music: Pleasant treasure hunting for everyone!:inlove:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
    lode99, Jarrow, Nordais and 2 others like this.
  20. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

My home internet malfunctioned early yesterday morning and I am waiting for the repairman to come. Things are not going well for me. I am planting plants for a long time with my phone internet. I hope the repairman comes as soon as possible so that I can do the activities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.