Feedback Carnival Queen

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Feb 10, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

carnivalfeb2021_news_event.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Carnival Queen" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. fadifarm

fadifarm Forum Apprentice

Hi everyone...the carnival event looks exciting...
    Does anyone know when and how the minigame for the candy points?

3. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Love to see this event return! Also very grateful for the supporting quest, which makes it possible to get enough baskets without having to mill, and with significantly fewer resources. Thank you for a user friendly event.

4. AniE

AniE Board Analyst

One of the few events I'll do because the game is very slow for me now. Slow internet and old computer.

5. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

Well, this is a favorite of many and I'm no exception. Unfortunately with Unity, this has similar graphics problems to Renzo's fair rendering the mini-game almost unplayable. I get one blast of gifts at the very start, I only see about 5 items total although many more register, then I have about 7 seconds of nothing as the float moves off-screen. If I'm lucky enough to have the basket in the general area of the blast then I will catch some stuff. Not so much a game as a lucky catch.

I am a MAC player and while I understand you have stopped work on the standalone client I hope you are still trying to improve the many issues that remain in Unity.

sanddollar15, baw815 and Sue46 like this.
  6. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Due to lags, it seems I planted chillies rather than the quest roses and then went to donate all remaining roses to quest.. Oh joy I have absolutely no seeds left even though I thought I had planted a whole field and will have to wait until morning for 5 seeds! Is it worth the effort????

Sue46 likes this.
  7. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

The queen seems to be throwing her goodies way far to the right - off screen...so I'm unable to know if I'm actually catching anything or not...

upa70, Sue46 and alpenliebe like this.
  8. alpenliebe

alpenliebe Someday Author

approx 1 Farm coin falling into 1 Floral basket
    sorry this is a thumb down

Sue46 likes this.
  9. fadifarm

Hi all,,,
    does anyone know why we received candy and lollypops?
    i finished the event but didn't use the candies or the lollypops...
    appreciate advice

in previous carnival events, the candy and lollypops were used to reach the point where you can paly the minigame.
    not in this case...

Last edited by moderator: Feb 13, 2021
  10. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

The candy will be exchanged at the end of the event :

* What will happen with the leftover event goods?
    The leftover event goods will be exchanged to EP and CC after the end of this event:
    • 1 Sweetheart Rose = 4 CC + 6 TEP;
    • 1 Bon Bon = 5 EP + 1 CC + 2 TEP;
    • 1 Chocolate = 6 EP + 1 CC + 3 TEP;
    • 1 Lollipop = 7 EP + 1 CC + 4 TEP;
    • 1 Candy basket = 29 CC + 44 TEP;
    • 1 Floral Candy basket = 1275 EP + 1700 CC + 1275 TEP.

11. fadifarm

Thank you...
    but why did we collect them? we collect TEP, EP and CC from the queen anyways....
    something is not right.

Sue46 likes this.
  12. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

They are there to distract you from the good stuff -.-

Having two events running simultaneously that both have mini games is just tedious for me. Especially when this one isn't performing very well due to the lag and choppiness.

BoHoKaren, morva and fadifarm like this.
  13. fadifarm

hi,
    it's either that or they have changed the staff who do not know anything about the game history.

Sue46 likes this.
  14. james2017

james2017 Forum Apprentice

I have no problems with this Minigame. The only shortfall is the return you get back for the amount of stuff you have to give up to play. this is a big shortfall off Farmerama.

fadifarm and Sue46 like this.
  15. RebaFC

RebaFC Junior Expert

The performance of the mini-game was a pleasant surprise. The graphics were perfectly smooth (probably a little better than with Flash).
    The locations of the items thrown seemed a little different, but that's fine. A minor nit is that the click area for the button to close results was not quite lined up with the graphics.

Please apply the programming methods of this mini-game to general farming, which remains painfully slow and bug ridden.

fadifarm, sanddollar15 and Sue46 like this.
  16. jnnythct

jnnythct Junior Expert

I remember the days when I was happy to see this as an event because the requirements for milling the baskets was very reasonable and the prizes were really generous, i.e. plenty of power-feed, super-grow, suzy and really nice crates.

Like others have said, the graphics are smoother - but the items thrown are not really worth the effort.

This event is now a shadow of its former self, unfortunately very much like the game itself.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    BoHoKaren and fadifarm like this.
  17. fadifarm

Not only that, in the awards, for example i saw a 3 power feed falling in the basket, but the end result showed 1 or 2, the same for everything else.

hi,
    everybody keeps saying the graphics are good...although, the graphics have to be really good, but that's not why we spend our resources, we spend them to receive good awards.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 15, 2021
  18. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.