Clarify magic row prizes in quests

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by woody, Oct 23, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Ah, ok.

Whilst it doesn't explicitly state that certain items are required (so perhaps my comment is unclear in that sense), it certainly indicates that these items are necessary. It does show the items required to fill the row, and calls it themed (a player who is properly educated on their stalk will know that this means there are specific requirements) row.

2. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I agree :) I just think that a small added sentence to the event FAQs could make a difference to those who haven't yet read up on the stalk :) After all, there is so much to learn in this game :p

3. squigglegiggle

Maybe you're right. I think I was just frustrated that people blame BP for their own lack of knowledge when really it is not BP's fault at all...I guess BP should just cover all bases, including people who don't bother to read!

4. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

I understand that you disagree, but you are essentially saying that a whole bunch of us are just not that smart because I/we have made this mistake ourselves early on and feel a better notification would help other new players.

As for who will or will not leave, a lot depends on the first few times someone plays. In truth, what is more likely to drive people off is not so much what you call a "simple error", but if they get responses to the effect of "well.. you were unusually dumb, and don't expect any help". I suspect you had no intention of saying that, but it is how your words and continual insistence come off. I don't say that in anger, but to inform.

Steph 2014.. your post was very well said. Thank you.

steph2014 likes this.
  5. squigglegiggle

The information is available to you, and new players have ample opportunities to access the forum, including a button on the newspage when they log in. I am not at all saying you are dumb, but rather that you choose whether or not to access what is available to you. The programming that it would take to include this pop up is a lot more than I think you or anyone else realises, and especially when a wealth of information is available to you, it should not be a priority.

6. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

A pop up, yes, but a brief sentence in both the stalk FAQs AND the event FAQs (where the prizes are detailed).. no. I believe that was done for this past event, so not so difficult.

anyway, doesn't look like much more needs to be added. This thread has made its point, as much as it will be made.
    Feel free to close it.

7. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Thankyou all for your feedback.

~closing as requested~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.