Comic# 5 the storm strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Dienstag, Sep 9, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dienstag

Dienstag Exceptional Talent

Hello Farmers

I just read the announcements and are still a bit puzzled.

Thanks for the event timer teddy.bear.

We have to grow two plants plus cupcakes.
    If my math isn't completely of, we need:

Balloon Blooms: 17 500
    Giant Rhubarb: 7 000
    Comic Books: 950
    Tomatoes: 1 000
    Carrots: 1 000
    Pigs: 20
    Rabbits:25

Cup Cakes: 175, if harvested after 16.00 hours.
    Is it best to grow all the plants and then set out the cupcakes? With icing they need a little less time. But is there enough time to let them grow after all the plants?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  2. belindamotion1

belindamotion1 Active Author

:oops:I'm not sure if I'm going to do the Event...the Comic Books seems like it might be tough...unless the drope rate is nice and nothing like the Snowed-In Event...:oops:..I was thinking of putting the Cupcakes around the edges....as my Trees mature, I'll swap them out with the Cupcakes...? Would I have enough "time" to do that route...?:eek:

3. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Dienstag...it all looks correct except you left out the 1000 cucumbers that are needed as well.

4. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

My big question is how will we get 175 cup cakes in time without spending RM/ BBs????? We get 30 cupcakes to start , 15 after completing the 1st and 3rd levels of the event, and then we can get X amount per day as gifts.

The event is 6 days long and we need at least 16 hours to raise the highest level of cupcakes so lets say we have 5 good days of receiving cupcakes as gifts. If someone is real popular and is able to get 20 cupcakes as gifts for 5 days that equals 100.

30 (to start with) + 15 (completing 1 & 3 levels of the event) + 100 (if you are super lucky) = 145

From what i see, this means we need to buy 30 cupcakes.

What am I missing?????

o_Opsie! I found my error already. We get 30 each day when we log in so I guess I need in every day as soon as the new day starts so I can get my 30 new cupcakes and plant them. In my time zone this means they will mature to 100 points by the next mourning.

5. marlenef24

marlenef24 Forum Expert

@Dienstag
    if you use small parcels on all fields, CAC or Pumpkin Jam, water, manure and Pinkie Pie...you will have enough time to grow the event plants and mature the Cup Cake with frosting, as well. Tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots are not worth bothering with, you are better off buying at the market. Hope everyone has fun and good luck:music:8)

6. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

But what about me? I had logged in 12 hours ago and will not be collecting a gift from Fools. Does that mean I lose the first batch of cupcakes. My system resets in just 3 hours. If I had waited till now I could have collected 60 within 4 hours...
    :(:(:(

7. marlenef24

marlenef24 Forum Expert

Don't worry, you haven't missed out on any cup cakes as yet! Have another read: "You will get 30 Cupcakes every time you collect your daily login bonus, starting with 14 hours before the event (but will be visible after the event starts) !" So the first delivery of 30 cup cakes will happen after the system reset and then check the timer you'll see you have 14 hours. Good luck;)8)

8. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

I logged in 12 hours ago, so I have already collected my daily gift. Meanwhile those who logged after me, or had not collected the daily gift have a chance of getting twice within 1 day...

9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

No Bhodho. When the reset happens (in a little less than two hours) it will be 14 hours until the event starts. That is when Fuzzles will start giving out cupcakes. No one has gotten any cupcakes yet, and you have not missed anything :)

10. snobunny333

snobunny333 Junior Expert

Did anyone get cupcakes yet?

11. baw815

baw815 Forum General

There is a post about the cupcakes in the questions, everyone gets them, they just don't show that you do or did. They will show up in the barn after the event starts. Hope this helps. ;)

B

12. Dienstag

Dienstag Exceptional Talent

Thanks marlenef24. The cucumbers are growing now on one field.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention them. Thanks for the reminder Brookeham.

13. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

Thanks, I don't know why I thought the event was to start at 10:00 CET.
    :oops::oops::oops:

14. marlenef24

marlenef24 Forum Expert

You're welcome;)
    I forgot to mention, it is better to grow plants that give higher EP and take longer to grow as you will receive a larger number of Event drops. This is why I said "are not worth bothering with" because I was thinking you will grow these as well. I don't know what level you are, but I am growing Carnation 18 hours 53 min to harvest. With this kind of crop I receive around 26-30 drops per field...so in the future you will need to plan for the event as soon as OA announces the details. Best of luck:) and I am sure you'll do just fine:D8)

15. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

And because I had mistook the event start time, I planted worthless crop. So either I miss out on good drop head start or I delay harvesting to recoup some of the loss.
    I don't know what to choose...

16. marlenef24

marlenef24 Forum Expert

I would try to recoup by growing long term with Super grow at least on the 3 Farm fields and grow the Event crops in Baha until tomorrow morning, this you will still get good drops to start with. You know on the 4 hour Event crop you hardly get 4-8 drops per filed. Good luck :)8)

17. SylvanasW

SylvanasW Someday Author

Some drop is better than no drop :) And it's not worth missing out the event start. I would harvest once the event starts, then arrange my farm for the initial event crops (dunno about your farm setup, but I keep 1x1s). Place 2x2 with everything available on them (Super Grow, Suzy, water etc) and multiply them in the same way until you can fill your fields with 1x1 and sow the event crops. That's my strategy, I haven't missed an event so far using this tactic :) (well it's been a good couple of months since i last played an event, so we'll see). Good luck!

18. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

When we use 1x1 fields it is not worth it using super grow and Suzy because we will spent a lot of them right??

19. SylvanasW

SylvanasW Someday Author

Indeed, for 1x1 fields the best enhancement are the extra harvest products (Pumpkin Jam (+1 harvest) or Carrot Apple Chutney (+2 harvest). The reason for which I initially use 2x2 is to multiply the seeds very quickly, after that I will normally sow 1x1 and use the products mentioned above (CAC is better, but a bit more expensive for those who cannot produce it themselves)

Edit: regarding White Innocence, why not? I always forget about that one ;) Especially for shorter time crops :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  20. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

thank you! this is a good combination
    and the first time that I will grow them I will use 2x2fields and Super Grow, Suzy, water etc so I can use white innocence too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.