Corona Ordeal & how to stay safe !

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Mar 17, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missyww83

missyww83 Forum Apprentice

Husband had surgery 2.5 weeks before the stay-at-home orders came out in northeast Pennsylvania, so I've had a head start on the "social distancing." Not only forgetting which day of the week it is, but which week of the month.
    :D Humor helps.

2. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Hope your husband has recovered from surgery. Stay safe.

Same case with me too. Do not know what date is today or what day is today. Usually we keep track of cases like its coming on next Wednesday or after 2 weeks or 4 weeks and so on. But now I don't even know which day is today or the date or how long we are in lockdown.

3. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I watched two videos yesterday that were great mood lifters. I know we can't share links but I can tell you what to search on Google. :)

Look up "Sesame Street: Respect World" for a Cookie Monster/Westworld crossover. It is freaking adorable, especially to those of us who grew up with him. :)

Look up "Some Good News episode two". It's John Krasinski's weekly broadcast of good things happening during the pandemic. This week he tries to comfort a little girl who couldn't go see Hamilton for her 9th birthday, and watched Mary Poppins Returns instead with her family. Let's just say it goes well. :)

Enjoy!

Bakers-Dozen, Nala777, 12ss12 and 4 others like this.
  4. Sister3

Sister3 Regular

O yes humour helps a lot. However, when you feel like just crying, crying is healthy also. Everyone take care and respect social distancing for sure.:)

5. 12ss12

Hope everyone is doing fine and are safe with your family and friends.

Our Lockdown of 3 weeks ends tomorrow. State govt. of Tamilnadu has extended it for another 2 weeks. So 2 more weeks inside the house. But for whole of India, Prime minister will announce tomorrow about the extension or type of lockdown tomorrow . It won't affect those states which have already extended the lockdown. So for us it is till April, 30th. One State has extended lockdown till mid of June.

*edit*
    Central Government has extended lockdown till May 3rd. So ours too extended till May 3rd.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  6. Bakers-Dozen

Bakers-Dozen Forum Apprentice

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Thank you to all the Health Care Workers around the world :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

(Grove) Just checking in and catching up on my reading. I'm so very glad to see you all here and virus free hope it's that way for all your family, friends and neighbors; as well as all the farmers I don't see here. Sending Prayers of safety and good health to all and theirs. Sending extra healing prayers to those who are dealing with health issues, recovering from surgery, chemo, falls and the likes.
    :DShout out to a neighbor in PA @missyww83 Northern York County here, small world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :music:My parents prepared me for this time in life.
    I was always grounded so this stay-at-home order is normal for me. xD
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seriously, all jokes aside it really is easy as far as staying in BUT I sure miss my family.
    :cry:A virtual Easter egg hunt was just not the same. I know it's for our own good health (and others) but our kids/grandkids are only little once. I do my solid best to spend time with my not under the same roof family. That said it's catching on, my four-year-old g-doe face-timed me today so she could read me a story. :inlove:How cute is that?:inlove:
    I know the wild animals are loving it, I see all over the world where they are venturing out. I can hear the planet breathing a sigh of relief as her chemical intake from planes, trains, and motor vehicles have been greatly reduced. The skies are bluer and all the clouds are natural it looks wonderful not seeing lines in the sky. And the air, have you breathed deeply? It smells so much better, cleaner.
    Social Distancing? Actually it's not so bad. When you do have to go to the store and people are not riding your heals in the check out line is great, I have always hated that. Personal space is wonderful. People also seem to be using the long lost art of manners too. That is except when it comes to sharing the goods at the store. Well, I guess that is the squirrel mentality (self-preservation). Hopefully, their cabinets will soon be full and other can have some too. So I guess some good has come from this and maybe just maybe people will just decide to make and keep some of these small changes when this is all said and done.
    Sorry, I'll rein it in. I tend to ramble as some of you already know from being friends with FrootloopGrove and HavenGrove;)
    Everyone be safe and keep your distance

PS I know there are drawbacks to all this too impacting income for some and businesses I'm just trying to stay positive.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Nala777, 12ss12 and farmerumf like this.
  7. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Hi everyone, stay safe. :inlove::inlove:
    Thanks, OneTwo. Love, prayers and thoughts for you and your loved ones. :inlove:
    :inlove:

purplebeet, Bakers-Dozen and 12ss12 like this.
  8. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

I just saw two amazing pictures taken of Venice Italy taken a year apart from a European Satellite.
    Very few boats and the sediment has settled and some wonderful blue water. A news source says they've seen fish in the Grand Canal and a dolphin/porpoise was seen in the lagoon.
    On the other hand they are saying up to 4 inches of Snow along the Michigan/Indiana border from Lake Michigan to Lake Erie on the Michigan/Ohio border. The weathermen predict 1/2 to 1 inch in my area but, they've been wrong before. At least there aren't that many drivers and potential accidents due to the Virus.

Bakers-Dozen, sanddollar15 and 12ss12 like this.
  9. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

We have started flattening the curve here in Australia. Fortunately stage 3 restrictions have been adhered to sufficiently to enable us to avoid stage 4 lockdown rules. These restrictions will remain in place for the next 4 weeks at least - but so far we are doing pretty well at minimising the spread. Supplies are back in the supermarkets, there is a limit on the number of people allowed in the supermarkets and markings on the ground for where to stand when lining up to pay. I had my temperature taken as I went into a chemist the other day.

10. 12ss12

For us lockdown extended to another 2 weeks, that is till May 17th. 3rd extension.

Nala777 likes this.
  11. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

Tomorrow, after 2 months we are allowed to go out!!!!! Yipeeeee!

I've been out 3 times in these 2 months.
    Once I went to the pharmacy and the other 2 I just went down the street to check on my car.

Kids started last weekend going out. Just for an hour to play by themselves.
    Adults (individually) can go for a walk for one hour or do some exercise for more time, but within a specific time.
    In my case, I can go out from 6-10 or 20-23.
    I'm gonna do some cycling at 20:00. It's warm enough and the Sun sets around 21:15. I will go to the countryside, but I'm afraid I will find lots of people around...

And this is just phase 0. If my region's numbers get lower, we will move onto phase 1, which grants a bit more freedom but still very restrictive, and so on.

School is canceled until september. That breaks my heart.
    I will be going to another school next year and I'd like to see my students at least one more time.

Nala777, 12ss12, Banjoman and 2 others like this.
  12. 12ss12

For us lockdown extended till May 31. 4th lockdown. But for 25 districts with less of corona virus some relaxation to ply taxis and with pass is allowed and travel by bus to Govt offices with only 20 passengers with passes is allowed in those districts. But in Chennai and surrounding districts no relaxation is allowed as we are in red zone. So its inside house for us. Corona virus is constantly on the rise and deaths are in rise in India and no flattening of curves yet.

Tamilnadu where I live is 2nd highest affected State in India and Chennai its Capital is top infected city of Tamilnadu and it is a hot spot from where virus spreads to other cities. But thankfully death percentage is lowest here.

Willow likes this.
  13. squigglegiggle

We are starting to open back up here in Australia. I live in a state (Victoria) where we have had stricter rules than some, but I'm certainly not complaining - a few inconvenient weeks for thousands of lives saved is worth it. That said, we are being well warned that restrictions continuing to be lifted is contingent upon good results continuing to occur - if we start going backwards there is no hesitation to lock back up.

We've always been allowed out to exercise whenever we want, but the only excuses for leaving home were to exercise (with maximum one other person, maintaining social distance), for food and critical supplies, medical appointments, and work/study where unavoidable. Some of this is starting to be lifted, with limits of 5-10 people in most settings. Still told to stay home unless we need to leave, though - ie. you can go to a family member's house if you need to

12ss12 and Willow like this.
  14. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Hey Squiggle, how are you doing in VIC atm? I hope you aren't caught up in the new locked down areas. It's just horrible watching the state's numbers jump daily. We've been so lucky, but it just goes to show how opportunistic this virus is. I have work colleagues in VIC who were saying weeks ago that there are people who refuse to get tested even though they are ill as they still believe the whole think is a conspiracy. Praying for you all. x

15. blessedlady2

blessedlady2 Old Hand

Please keep my daughter in your prayers. She is a RN and from the stress of working so many long hours at the hospital had to be rushed to ICU with AFib. Thankfully she was at work when it happened.
    All of you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe.

Banjoman and Willow like this.
  16. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Praying, blessedlady; may all be well with her. Peace to you!

17. ctindaldavies

Definitely praying for your daughter, blessedlady, and for all the other frontline workers out there. I've been where she is many times with AFib last year, and I am sure they will get to the bottom of it. Its a horrible experience. For me, it was an overactive thyroid that was the hidden culprit, and can be quite common but take a while for them to realise. I hope she recovers quickly. x

18. squigglegiggle

I am back in lockdown now, as is all of metropolitan Melbourne. Stage 3, so we are only allowed out for work, exercise (locally), caregiving/medical appointments and essential shopping. Personally, this one is a little harder to take emotionally - when we first locked down in late March, it very much felt like "if we just lock down for a few weeks, we can get on top of this virus and everything will be ok". Now it feels like we will be in a constant loop of being locked down, easing restrictions, numbers going up and being sent back into lockdown. It's one thing to have your freedom taken away initially for the greater good - it's another thing to be given some of that freedom back and then have it ripped away again. Of course, lockdown is the best thing we could be doing, so I am 100% behind the decision - but it hurts all the same.

Yes, there are many who believe it is a) a conspiracy or b) not a big deal. There was a bit of excitement yesterday with lower numbers, but hard to know whether that is simply a product of less testing. At this stage it is simply a matter of getting through the next six weeks, and hope that at the end of them restrictions will be able to start easing, and not have to be extended. Still, perspective is important - it could be so much worse, and is so much worse around the world.

19. ctindaldavies

I wasn't sure which part of the state you were in. I'm in Perth, so we locked down reasonable hard at the very beginning. As of this Sunday we are pretty much back to normal here, and it bothers me greatly. Everyone is back in the pubs just because they can. Saturday night the clubs open again, the 1.5mtr distance is dropped and the limit on gathering numbers is reduced, I think it will be 500.
    We have been fortunate to have no proven cases of communtiy transmission here. But all it takes is for 1 person to be contagious and not in quarantine and off it goes. Just last week there was a man up north of the state who didn't quarantine after coming in from east. He went to the gym, the police picked him up at the pub and told him to go home, then he walked into a different pub. What if? Our numbers keep creeping up, then dropping again but it is all incoming international travellers.

Keep your spirits up. I heard you guys may go into level 4 lockdown on Wednesday night. I hope it doesn't need to come to that, but lets face it, people being told what to do often behave like children and become rebellious. Stay safe

squigglegiggle likes this.
  20. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I'm in the southern US, and our numbers are rising like crazy. People don't want to wear masks around here, and care more about partying than social distancing. I'm bored out of my skull but it beats being hooked up to a ventilator in an ICU!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.