COV virus thoughts including facts and related information

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmer_broke, Oct 12, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

:(I'm very sorry to hear that this Virus has hit so close to you, farmer_broke, especially as it's your Sister, and your friend who died. (Was he the one you told me about that taught you such beautiful skills?)

It is a relief to hear that your Sister has recovered so well. She is a brave woman to do the work that she does, striking right for the cause, and the potential cure for this disease. We need as many like her as we can get!
    My older Sister was an Emergency Room Nurse - by choice. She died the end of September this year. I always admired her ability and desire to help others in such an important and comforting way as she did.

I applaud and agree with your decision to continue your life, BECAUSE you are determined to do it sensibly, with the proper and educated precautions. Even so, it will have its danger levels. If you have no objection, I'll add you, your sister, and your nephew and his loved one, into my prayers for your continued wellbeing.

Thank you for starting this Thread.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  2. FrootloopGrove

FrootloopGrove Exceptional Talent

My thoughts of well wishes and healing goes out to everyone who has been touched by the CCP Virus. I'm truly saddened that so many have been touched by this. Whether by the virus directly or mentally out of fear of worrying/caring for a loved one who has had the misfortune to have been directly touched with the virus or the worry for loved ones that their work put them in direct danger. Hugs going to those that have lost someone dear because of the illness. Also for those that are paralyzed out of fear that they are having trouble living a normal life and who have reverted back to or who have developed bad habits because of this. I know there is no one in this thread that has been affected in this way but I know a few that have (some personally and many not) and it saddens me please help me pray for those people as well as those that have become ill from it.
    Blessing and Health to one and all

3. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

An ambulance was called yesterday out of concern for my son. He was taken to the hospital and I knew he would be tested for the virus upon admission. This morning a call was received which informed me my son had tested positive for the virus. He will remain hospitalized for a few days is all i know at this time.

Am I surprised? NO, not at all as this was expected by me. I had warned him of the seriousness, gave him masks, told him many times to get away from me as I do not want the virus and do not want to give it to anyone else, recommended hand washing and distancing. He never gave me reason to assume he was taking this virus spread seriously. A mask was worn seemingly only when mandated by others. I never observed social distancing. And never witnessed hand washing or sanitizing.

I do not conclude at this time that if one takes precautions that one will not contract the virus. But if ones does not then what would any sane person logically expect?

I knew to immediately seek a test and have received the results. I still test negative for the virus.

My precautions will continue and I will live my life as best as I can. I will not be foolish and do not suggest anyone try it.

If you are a loved one is hospitalized with the virus
    then one most likely will not be able to receive visits or visit another
    an individual becomes socially isolated from the general public while hospitalized
    an one becomes even more socially isolated by not being able to interact with other hospitalized individuals

And this isolation goes on until one is released .....
    if one is released.

I would really rather not live this way ....
    and I certainly do not want to live my last days this way

Please do not be foolish.

4. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

My thoughts, best wishes, deepest sympathy and concern, as well as prayers go to all impacted by this pandemic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. shellhappybj

shellhappybj Forum Inhabitant

farmer_broke, I'm sending prayers to you and your son, I hope he will be alright. You are so right, wear a mask, wash your hands, and stay out of crowds. We all know that's the thing to do, but there are still some people that just won't do it
    Take care and stay safe.

6. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Hi farmer_broke, so sorry to hear that your son has taken ill with covid! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family! I hope you all can stay safe from the virus! We must protect our selves from this virus! Always wear a mask out in public, for your protection, and to protect others from you!;) Wash your hands as often as possible for at least 20 seconds! Stay out of large crowds and gatherings! Good luck, take care and stay safe!:inlove::inlove:

7. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

:cry::cry:Oh farmer_broke - that is just tooo close to the heart! You have all our sympathies, hearts, and prayers for his recovery.

Sadly, many of us human beings, especially our children of any age, have to learn the hard way to finally become smart. As you read all our heartfelt caring and sympathies for you and your family, I hope it will warm your heart just enough to help you endure whatever you must.

Just as joy is multiplied when it is divided, so is sorrow and pain divided - no matter how little or how much - when it is shared. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  8. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Blessings and prayers going up for you and your son! :inlove:

9. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Hi broke, Please don't worry. Few of my cousin brothers became ill with the disease and were hospitalised. But they returned safe home cured. One of them had pneumonia. But he recovered fine. So your son will be fine too. Many a times its only mild infection. Keep up your spirits. You have to give moral support and strength to your son. These are just passing clouds. Things will soon be normal.

I sent messages through whatsapp to my brother as he had difficulty in speaking and speaking through phone was restricted.

10. FrootloopGrove

Sending thoughts and prayers for a fast and full recovery. If he was in good health to start; according to the science, his chances are excellent. Try and not to worry, if you tested negative now you should be alright because when he comes home he will have immunity and will no longer be a danger to you no matter what he does. GOOD LORD be with you and yours.
    What's the recovery rate of COVID-19?
    Experts don't have information about the outcome of every infection. However, estimates predict that the overall COVID-19 recovery rate is between 97% and 99.75%.

I hope that helps eases your mind.

HUGS

11. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm not sure the immunity claims stand up all that well. We've had multiple cases of re-infection in Australia, and there have been re-infection cases in other countries, too.

That being said, I wish your son all the best, broke. As others have said, if he was in good health prior to contracting the virus, his chances are very good. I'll keep you in my thoughts xx

12. alpenliebe

alpenliebe Someday Author

Wishing you all the best, farmer_broke.
    I think you must be a very good parent, and a good friend, too

13. lottidah

lottidah Forum Great Master

Hope you son has a fast and full recovery.

14. FrootloopGrove

Good Day broke, Your family was on my mind this morning. How is your Son is doing? Praying things are better and he is home and doing well <3

blessedlady2 and farmlily3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.