davidb1yth007

Discussion in 'Players Introductions' started by davidb1yth007, Mar 15, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

The time has come for my intro to you
    and to tell you a little is what I must do
    I live in the land of kiwis and kowhai
    They are beautiful trees without word of a lie
    I worked on a dairy farm where they stood - quite resplendent
    Each had a tui - a bellbird as a resident
    a black bird with a white bib and a dominant stare
    Their shrill call would pierce the still morning air

I have a jack russell-terrier named Roko
    Named after an All Black - Joe Rokocoko
    He likes to howl at any classical tune
    The morning alarm tells him breakfast is 'soon !'

I'm now pleased to do my farming by mouse
    It's cleaner, less pungent, and inside my house.
    And the forum contacts are just what I need
    While awaiting the growth of each little seed
    With that crucial ingredient of international flavour
    Your words are always something to savour

I want you to smile, that is my main Aim
    So Hi, one and all , lets get on with the game !

:)xD;)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

Hi davidb1yth007.;)
    Your poem is a nice one... Hope that you can make more poems for us.

3. abubadi66

abubadi66 Old Hand

Oh man, what a wonderful talent to introduce yourself with a poem that is just wright for the atmosphere and the situation.
    please tell us more about your self and you other hobbies.

4. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I enjoyed your intro very much...you do have a gift for expression that I envy.

5. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

Hi David, What a great intro!! Your poems always make me smile, you have such a flair with words. :)

6. IVANCICA30

IVANCICA30 Regular

hi davidb1yth007 :D that was great poem and i enjojit so much:inlove: happy farming

7. Lava

Lava Someday Author

Hi David, nice to meet you. Thank you for the intro... I always enjoy reading your poems :)

8. fifitrixiebell

fifitrixiebell Forum Veteran

Hi @davidb1yth007 , I know we are neighbours but thought I would say hello formerly on here! Great intro!

9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Thank you so much david, you definitely make me smile :D

10. davidb1yth007

Thanks to you all for your great feedback and thanks , Mir for pointing me in this direction!:)

11. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

Hi David, our truly talented poet :)
    I am glad you have started a thread up, it's been added to the watch list ;) .

Your expressive words and wit do often bring a smile to my face.
    It is nice to officially meet you :) & I am looking forward to reading more.

Hi to Roko..

12. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)Hi, Davidb! You already know how I love your poetry - but to introduce yourself with such a fine and appropriate one is a gourmet's delight!! Sooooo looking forward to more, and to getting to know you better...:D

13. davidb1yth007

and you too, farmlily 3
    Are you having a ball away over the sea?
    With this Virtual farming, are you F.O.C.D?
    Or weekends, and holidays, a bit like me!
    Are you a Farmers Society Questor?
    Or rather to have an all-day siesta!
    ;)
    These answers, I need, and anything gory
    So your 'Poem' will have a bit of a story !
    Don't be shy, now, jot notes down and quickly press 'Send'
    I'm looking forward to hearing about you, my friend !
    xD

Arielh, SillyGuy, IVANCICA30 and 7 others like this.
  14. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)David, david, david! Now you have me blushing! (But it IS another great poem!) Well...since most everyone else shares in this forum....I guess it's only fair...o_O

First of all, I am shy when it comes to talking about myself - unless I've known you a long while, or there is a good reason to do so. But when I do choose to share, it's open and honest and forthright...sometimes too much so. (I am quite literal-minded.) And - since I already know about me - I'd MUCH rather hear about everyone else)
    Yes, I have *sigh* FOCD.:eek: Have been playing for 3 years. But lately, since they have been overloading us with Events and things to squeeze BB's out of us, the FOCD is waning, and I'm about to take those RL $BB's and go on 'vacation' for a bit. I pick and choose which FSQ's I do - avoiding most of the ones requiring waaaay too many crops, or verrry high level breeding animals, unless they have equally high rewards...such as Soup n Friends.
    As for personal.....well, I am too impatient with things - I like to get them done, or get answers to questions...before my curiosity kills me - and, yes, I love cats!! (Just wish I had their 9 lives!)........And dogs....And Horses!:inlove:....and birds....and fish...and flowers - ooooh how I L-o-v-e flowers!:inlove: They are a feast for all the senses! Mmmmm I grow pink and red roses, and Iris, crocus, and daffodils, Butterfly Bush, and blue hydrangeas, Astilbes, and daylilies, etc.......and this year - Heirloom organic tomatoes! YUM!!:D
    Besides being a casual gardener, for pleasure, I love to learn and do new things, and am looking forward one day to going hot air ballooning. Have been skydiving (Funny story, how that happened), grew up with power boats, took 'sailing and canoeing' classes, and Archery in college, a brief course in Fencing, etc. My Dad taught me to love the outdoors - we are all Nature lovers - and taught me to hunt and shoot, (but never to kill anything unless it ever became necessary for food) and to this day I love camping, even if it's just throwing a sleeping bag on the ground....I'm adaptable to whatever the situation..(but an RV is beginning to look attractive.:D)
    My Mom and Grandmother taught me to cook a bit and to love fine things including food - whether it is lobster, steak, casserole, or a 'burger cooked over an open fire, and I do love good linens and fine laces, well made clothes, and silky soft things, and decorating my home to be comfortable and interesting - including the walls with fine Art and family. Occasionally I do oil painting and charcoal drawings, and belonged to an Art Studio for a short while. Also love to 'compose' with a camera, especially nature photos. Sadly, I was never taught to sew, and I greatly admire those who sew and quilt and crochet - like so many here do. I feel....incomplete..without these wonderful skills. Such beautiful handiwork!

Books have always been a passion since I learned to read, probably 'cause in my family for generations, everyone does. My parents and Grandparents were good examples as I grew up, in many, many ways. I was taught to do my best to live by Bible principles - and when I failed, which was inevitable as a human being - I was taught not to give up, but to get up, dust off, and try again. (This was especially useful when I had my horse!!xD)
    I am an Optimist, and my glass is always three quarters full!! Even when I get grumpy and like to gripe about things!:D
    Gory? I'm not exactly sure what would qualify for this. I've had ups and downs - but that's just life - even the lowest downs. About the closest I can think of is....well, I feel kind of bad talking about this.:( But it was being married at 19 yrs old to the wrong man after losing the love of my life, who was an older man.
    That's all I have to say.8)

P.S. Should this have been my introduction? Which I haven't done yet. And I guess I just did! :)))

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  15. davidb1yth007

Thanks farmlily for the wealth of info/material for your poem. What say I formulate (big word or the day) an introductory poem for you, then I tell you its ready - here- and you start a thread.:) Right (write) here goes...

Hi everyone, I am farmlily3
    A new friend wrote this poem for me
    I've been playing for years - about two or three
    And probably qualify for FOCD !
    Here is my story, I reluctantly share
    As others have done, I guess its only fair
    :)
    I'm looking for balance between RL and play
    Now, where's those events I can do in a day!
    Picking and choosing which Society Quest
    Loong and tedious? - No! - Quick is the best

The detailed actions of animal pens in this game
    Reminds me of real ones, some I must name
    Dogs, birds and fish; and pusscats of course
    Life lessons learned when I fell off my horse !
    :eek:
    What got me hooked was the Farmerama flowers
    Better than RL, they bloom in just hours!
    My home garden is a riot of color everywhere
    And a fabulous fragrance spills up in the air
    I have a pet project to complete this year
    Heirloom organic tomatoes means summer is here!

My mum and grandmother taught me how to cook
    And granddad's philosophy - get lost in a book!
    My dad taught me how to have fun on the water
    I know in my heart they're all proud of their daughters
    I'm lucky to be part of my family tree
    They've all done so much in making me - Me!
    :inlove:
    A holiday is looming, it will happen soon
    Maybe its time for that hot air balloon!
    Or pitching a tent, sleeping under a tree
    or a slight upgrade - a Cosy RV
    Overseas ? Going somewhere with wings ?
    Or will I go with what the 'Boss' sings
    An American holiday - I'd have to say
    :music:Baack.. Back in the U. S. of A aaaaay :music:
    P.S. It's ready !:)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  16. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)Yikes! DAVID!! Your talent is amazing......and fast!! I'm at a loss for words (well - almost. That doesn't happen often!xD)
    Thank you so much!

How do I transfer it over to Introductions?? I'd love to do an intro in flashing lights: "By Poet/Author Davidb1yth007":)

17. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

It is wonderful!

18. davidb1yth007

Just copy and paste it, Mir will help you with the technical side of it! Click top left and drag to bottom right - right click copy and then open your intro
    PS;I have done it for you but if you manage it yourself, I will cancel the one I started. Call yours (space)farmlily3

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  19. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)Hi Davidb! Thank you so much for doing this! :D I'm leaving yours right where it is.......not going to chance making any mistakes and messing it up! ;) I really appreciate what you have done - and done far better than I would have.:music:
    One thing bothers me, of course....all artists/writers should have their work signed, but I can't get into the post to put your name on it more prominently so everyone will see it. Most will probably know because they have read your other poetic posts....but, still...you should have full credit for all your work.:)
    Oh, David, I'm so pleased to have my very own Intro-poem!! Thank you thank you thank you!:D:)8)

20. davidb1yth007

It's been signed now, and thanks for letting me away with starting your thread. I was so chuffed at being able to cut and paste such a long item - I had to drag and scroll at the same time - Mir would be proud! - and then I waited patiently for you to start a thread - I must have waited awww say ... a whole half of a Day! (most of which you would have been asleep... with time zones... ( I listen to baseball games which start at 7pm New York time and it is 11am here the Next day!)

Anyway thanks for forgiving me my impetuousity - the thread is All yours. And be proud, you are such a wonderful person and a joy to poemize
    DB8)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    abubadi66, fifitrixiebell and -Mir85- like this.