DDos attacks

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by birdiesaunt1951, Aug 21, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. birdiesaunt1951

birdiesaunt1951 Padavan

I wonder how many players actually understand what a DDos attack is. Perhaps BP might consider sending out an email to players across all of their game platforms explaining what is going on during an attack and how difficult it can be to deal with them. It might alleviate some of the unfortunate comments directed at the mods and Game Team. We are all understandably frustrated when we can't access our farms, but I hazard to guess that the Game Team is even more so and the mods should not have to be subject to constant criticism. Just my two cents!

bsr12, Tarsis63, vcr1234 and 4 others like this.
  2. Nordais

Nordais Forum Veteran

Birdiesaunt1951 is right, this is not fixed with just hiting a few keys on a keyboard. Passions are running high and some comments are harsh to say the least. It's one thing to vent and another to be abusive. The only thing we can be sure of is that the DDoS attacks are still hapening and that the game team is rapidly correcting things.

3. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Board Analyst

I just Google it and there it is:

DDoS Attack Meaning
    DDoS Attack means "Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) Attack" and it is a cybercrime in which the attacker floods a server with internet traffic to prevent users from accessing connected online services and sites.

So, criminals make hundreds of thousands (maybe millions, some languages it means billions) fake connections to game server and it goes so overloaded that it is impossiple to use it. Then the server and game on it, is "in a dead end" or "in a dead end"

and simple thing:
    so game do not work anymore.

I´m not an expert (not even close to it...), but this is not "rocket science" to understand enough / I a little !