Donkey workshop tool as event reward

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by -Mir85-, Oct 3, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

It is soon time for donkey breeding. There are rumors that we will need a special new tool to build the new workshop. It is usually possible to win an orange workshop upgrade in the short time breeding event. But in order to use it you have to build the basic workshop yourself. After the panda was introduced many players had to wait quite some time before they could build their first workshop. I had several FSQ with toolbox rewards left and got some zen rakes from those. Players who had finished these quests had to rely on harvest drops (or buy toolboxes).

My suggestion is that some of the new workshop tools should be given as event rewards in the short time breeding quest. At least enough to build one workshop.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    TERRIE, farmlily3, heidels and 7 others like this.
  2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I heartily second this motion!

julie1013 likes this.
  3. baw815

baw815 Forum General

Mir, that is a wonderful suggestion. It wouldn't take away from anything. It would make the one upgrade you do get from the breeding quest immediately usable. Add my voice wholeheartedly!!!!!

B

TERRIE likes this.
  4. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Can I add my vote to this suggestion too please?

5. -Mir85-

The more the merrier :D

6. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Great suggestion Mir:)
    I totally like it;)

7. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Excellent suggestion, Mir!

8. muscaricat

muscaricat Forum Pro

Count me in too - great idea !

9. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Add me to the list, too. Fab idea.

10. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) Me, twenty-too!!!!;)

11. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

I think I saw something with pots or pans in another post. Rumor mill.
    Do we really need these junking up our pantries <joking> xD:p

TERRIE and julie1013 like this.
  12. Mar_Bear

Mar_Bear Regular

If you would have asked me this when the panda chopstick event was going on i would have agreed as it took a long time for me to get the rakes (they still should be higher in their exchange amount) but since then i have come to realize that it actually was better that way as it balanced out new players and older ones and put everyone on the same level for a short time and mixed things up. Please don't throw things at me just yet. :oops: If you let me try to explain for a minute you may see what i am trying to say. There were lower level players that got the chopstick factory right away. they were then able to make chopsticks and then sell them in the market and make a lot of CC's. When i was a lower level player i would have loved to have that opportunity if even for a short time. To taste what it must be like to be an upper level player like that when you are level 28 or so, just ignites that spark to keep playing even more and even harder. On the other hand to be an upper level player and to not get a chopstick factory oh what an injustice. Now the upper level player gets to remember what it was like when they were a lower level player, to not have right away and to have to struggle to work hard and keep trying just to get that factory (not to be able to use all those millions of CC's to buy it). There was a kind of balance (for lack of a better word) for a short time till things went back to normal and it didn't take long for that to happen either. So i have to say i think i don't mind so much if they do things again like the chopstick factory panda experience as long as it doesn't become habitual. If we try to equal it out and make it easy for everyone there will be no more challenges and everyone will get bored with the game and stop playing. That's my 2 CC's :p sorry not to agree but everyone good luck and
    HAPPY FARMING!! :)

SuzeeRabbit, TERRIE, heidels and 4 others like this.
  13. CaliChrome

CaliChrome Forum Baron

I was one of those newer players who was able to make chopstick factories and swap them out in the gift and trade. I do appreciate all the nice things I got in exchange. I still am amazed when I have over 50k CCs to spend on things I can really use in the market. My thanks to all the farmers that were willing to trade with me.

farmlily3 likes this.
  14. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

From Previous Panda Breeding it was hard to Make Chopstick Factories for Higher Level Player, who hardly had any XXL Toolboxes Left to Unlock, Whereas Lower Level Players had plenty of XXL Toolboxes to Unlock and can make Chopstick Factories quiet easy.

It is silly that we get Quest to be able to make then upgraded New Production Pen but cannot use it as there is no Base Pen to use the upgrades onto....

Mir85 Suggestion is great idea, that we get given some new Tools Drops items to help us have fun making these new production pens to be able to start working on the New Production Quest, Also it helps to give us New Tool Drop Items with the new Donkey Breeding Quest too. That either a low level farmer or high level farmer can do these quests, either give heads up on small bundle of new tool drop item, or give us XXL Tools Boxes it is only needed to be ask to be able to give us a better start to Donkey Breeding/Donkey Production Only if the Drops Items are going to be hard to get hold off just like the Zen Rakes.

TERRIE, baw815 and julie1013 like this.
  15. -Mir85-

The FAQ is here, no scrap metal specifically, but at least some toolboxes :)

And there is a toolbox sale...

baw815 and Arielh like this.
  16. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

I've noticed when I have long time crops or stables out, I tend to get zen rake drops. Not always, but they seem to drop more frequently with long maturation times. So my event start strategy is to put out long stables, trees, and/or crops and see if I can induce some scrap metal to drop tomorrow :). *puts on hardhat to protect empty noggin from metal falling from sky*xD

puppiesnponies likes this.
  17. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I hope scrap metal is not as scarce as the zen rakes were. During the chili event, I grew carrots/wheat in between and got a zen rake!

baw815 and spotsbox like this.