Edelweiss Valley - Game Feature- Strategy Thread.

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by 12ss12, Dec 6, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

I do the 32h or 40h recylcing, mainly because AEP wise the ratio is better. I'm a a place where my inventory is full, so I need to dump as much as I can to keep harvesting trees. I don't use keys to open another slot, it's just a waste in my game play.

Customers' reset time is OK, Reynardson is 15h so I just do it once in the morning. The parrot is 8h, so once in the morning, once in the evening and I'm done. The eagle we get during the weekend is the tricky one at 6h reset time. Not much AEP going there and orders that are rediculously low : I had one that asked for 1 summer cherry, second part 2 summer cherry, third part 6 European pine cones. I mean, how can we manage inventory of tree fruits with these kind of orders!!??!!

jäniksenpelätti likes this.
  2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Do you have the maximum amount of badges already crafted?

I think I have room to make 5? more (would have to check)

3. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Make Badges, use them everywhere you can, like increase capacity, Path of Wisdom and open everything you can using them and recycle. Use a lot of small value fruits, so you'll get more storage space free. Soon those orders require much more fruits.

4. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

I have opened and upgraded every single thing I could and even have the badges for next tree and inventory upgrade ready. When I got to level 16 I already had all the badges ready to fully open the European pine tree + inventory upgrade, it's not the hard part of EV. When I reach the max in badges I dump and recycle them in the 40h AEP (68000 value makes it easy to dump badges there).

Thing is I don't want to craft 21 Level 3 badges because we won't need that much yet (I'm a few thousand AEP short of reaching level 18 ). We still need a mix of level 1, 2 and 3. I just wish that the trees would get better and not worse like it's been with trees after the tart cherry tree... I mean, asking for all these badges to get summer cherries that are worth LESS than the tart cherries AND ask for a lot more crafting items... Same with the American beech nut tree, why limit it only to crafting level 2 bagdes??!!

I'm surprised people spent some real money on purchasing boosters for EV, I don't use the speed boosters because I can't keep up with crafting trees or tree fruits inventory is just reaching its limit. I'm just trashing them 500 at a time to keep inventory open for instant tree boosters in hope of using them later on in the game (I smell trees with 24h maturing time coming in EV....)

Juggling tree fruits inventory with the clients' orders is tricky, we need to keep about 200 apricots because they usually ask for 96 apricots in 2 out 4 requests... apricot is the worst fruit to keep because it fills up inventory fast and is worthless when it time comes to use them. The excitement of gaining great givers and cloudrows is gone in EV after level 10, the rest is just us trashing main farm and baha inventory for EV stuff...

5. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

My customer orders are still asking for hundreds of Alpenroses so I do what I can but badges to unlock runes and inventories come first.

For now, I'm ignoring additional seed inventory as the 18 I have is more than what I can sew so it is not necessary right now. Have opened alpenrose, edelweiss (customers want that too...good for overnight since it is a long crop) and boletus. I am working on opening the boletus first rune as it gives +1 to neighbor crops. Requires 3 Level 1 badges (more alpenroses) and I have 2 and working on the third.

As the alpenroses are a fast crop, I use wood just as fast as I can make it. It will bottleneck very soon as I can't raise trees fast enough to make lumber. I'm just barely keeping ahead of it. I'm having to use the sprout a tree (I think that is the name) that reduces tree time and boosters to speed up crafting. I have quite a few in stock but it will rapidly diminish at this pace.

No longer a puppy....now a hamster stuck on the wheel ...running in place and getting nowhere:pxDxDxD

6. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Yes, both lumber and humus are flying of the shelves! I too am using fire crackers to fasten the pace... At least for now. I do not like the fact that we get a high amount of lumber, let say, to jam our inventory away and then have to deal with reducing it fast enough to get more room for the high amout of humus after... And making sure we have enough space after that for the Quality crafting items.

dumbunny likes this.
  7. RowSie

RowSie Regular

I just want to say thank you to all of you for so much knowledge shared!
    Even to those that posted only questions, know your questions were also mine, and the dialogue it started was so helpful!

Special thanks to 12ss12, Puppiesnponies, and Illy1996 for their incredible patience and guidance. Nordais, thank you for sharing your strategies!! I just started grappling with the Edelweiss Valley, and please know I appreciate you!!! :inlove:

Flower, dumbunny and Nordais like this.
  8. Jarrow

Jarrow Forum Apprentice

On the Alpine Crops side of things... Can anyone help with a strategy on which crops to upgrade over others? Or do you upgrade space for planting? Or do you upgrade the space for Seeds or Crops. Those little Alpinrose take quite some time to get 2 and 3 One Star craft badges and a very large amount of the mushroom for the Two Star craft badge.

I chose to open all the basic seeds that I had access to, then open all the fields I could so I could try and gain more plants as quickly as possible. I might have made strategic errors though and others would benefit from a discussion.

Nordais likes this.
  9. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I would say it is best to open all land first. After that more storage for crops, open Boletus, upgrade Boletus and after that mix and match fields of Alpenrose and Boletus to get more Alpenrose from one seed. After that more storage for seeds and crops again and for seeds, after that open all plants. There is not much use for those other plants, customers just ask them sometimes and I would say they give drops better, but they also easily fill and jam storage.

jäniksenpelätti and Nordais like this.
  10. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Me heart sank when I read your post because I fear that you are right: opening all the available seed was a mistake. The introduction for the crop extension in Edelweiss Valley has made advanced level people go crazy. We are now stuck with client's orders asking for things that we cannot produce. Since the beginning of the new EV, I've been able to fill in 1, yes that is right, 1 of Phil's client order. I'm not getting mushroom baskets from the alpenrose nor trees, not getting the flower wreath...

I think the best bet is to keep growing Alpenrose. The starting space of 900 crops in inventory are needed to craft the level 1 crop badge, we actually need 792 of them to do so. That doesn't leave much wiggling room for "fun farming of EV crops". The first level crop badge I used to open up more space in inventory. Why? Because some of the other client's orders are rewarding seeds and I even go some free trees. All things that will clutter our inventory. That first badge extended to capacity for EV crops to 1200. Second thing I did was open the fungi (boletus) to be able to attack the level 2 badge already necessarity for other upgrades. I then opened the first land section above the starting plots to have more space. To the new players, sowing a seed in EV will require 4 plots in a straight line, ie if you click to sow your seed, the seed beds will extend 3 more plots to the right from the selected location. If there's no more space, you will loose those 3 other seed beds, thus getting less value from your Alpenrose seed (5 crops instead of the 20 it grants usually).

Do not be fooled by the fact that those seeds look "cheap" to craft (1 lumber and 1 humus) because now I'm having a really hard time keeping up with the trunks we get from choping down trees to craft the said lumber. Prices for each material as gone up too. The time increments are 30m/4h/8h for lumber, humus and green fuel. We lost the chance to win a bonus of a higher ranked material with each attempt, ie when crafting the cheap lumber we could win 1 quality lumber, that is gone. For 6 quality lumers we are asked to convert over 29000 worth of tree trunks. That's 6 of the largest tree trunks given out by the American beech nut tree I think (2 per tree). But I digress.

After opening up the boletus I opened more space for seeds because I can have at least 10 of them at a time. That's the number you can sow at a time once you opened the first land section. Harvesting 10 Alpenroses means 200 crops after 1h30m, so 4 full harvests make 800 crops giving us the opportunity to craft 1 level 1 crop badge with 792. Also, the recycling value of a level 1 crop badge is 9500, the right amount to recycle it for 200 Alpine Experience Points in 32h. Because, yes, getting AEP got harder too because client's orders are asking for a mix of tree fruits AND crops. I think Reynardson asked me on step 3 and 4 this morning 96 and 192 Alpine Apricots... that's a lot of the cheep stuff to harvest to fill in that order.

This time around, I think the players who are just opening up EV have a better chance to cope with the new stuff because they won't appear in the clients' orders yet.

Lastly, every crop upgrades that have some weather thing attached to it (sunny, rainy, etc) are not functioning yet so don't loose time on crafting level 1 crop badges for them yet. Only the Alpenrose can be used to craft level 1 crop badges and the boletus is the only fungi that can be used for level 2 crop badge. I'll stop here because I'm afraid that this is too much rumbling in one post.

jäniksenpelätti and RowSie like this.
  11. Jarrow

Jarrow Forum Apprentice

Thanks for the discussion on how to build up your Alpine crops. It was so tempting to get all those plants available, but then... they fill my inventory and I have trouble creating badges. xD Hopefully others can benefit from the discussion. I only need two level 1 badges and can increase the value of those Alpenrose. Hopefully this will get me under 700 of them for a badge. LOL

12. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I have concentrated on Alpenrose on SL's farm. That worked until I wanted to increase the inventory allotment for crops. Needed the mushroom to craft a second tier badge to get that. So yesterday, concentrated on growing the shrooms. Got the badge this morning.

Biggest problem with only growing one crop over and over is that the customers ask for all that are available to you at your level. On this farm, that means Alpenrose - on SL's farm (level 19) it means all da plants. So now that I've met the big goal for SL's farm, I'm growing a variety.

PS: anyone else loving the fact that the customers are sometimes rewarding trees and plant seeds? That's been a nice treat.

jäniksenpelätti, RowSie and Jarrow like this.
  13. Jarrow

Jarrow Forum Apprentice

Once you have that first mushroom crafted, I just realized that it's next improvement is to add a +1 to the surrounding crops. That being said it does take 3 level 1 badges, but then you are growing 6 per field of the alpenrose plants when you put a few fungi artfully arranged on the field. The bonus is applied to the sides and not the top/bottom. I missed getting that fungi in the correct place the first time. :oops:
    With careful timing, you can get 3 cycles of alpenrose for the one set of 3 fungi without any speed ups to the fungi growth. :inlove:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
    jäniksenpelätti, RowSie and Nordais like this.
  14. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Thank you for pointing that out, got the +1 too and was about to ask how that darn bonus was applied... This means alternating crops, making harvests a tincy bit harder manually.

RowSie likes this.
  15. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

So 2 announcements for EV this morning: the weather station and something else about BP cheaping things down with a message to use our high value things in EV while we can??!!! Exchange rates have already gone up in the converter with the introduction of EV seeds/crops + filling orders for clients got trickier and now BP wants to lower the exchange values of main & baha crops/stalls/trees/manufactories too??!!! Next thing will know they'll push the Sunflower Hill farther on the level scale too???!!!

Jarrow and dumbunny like this.
  16. RowSie

RowSie Regular

From day one I found the EV far too resource intense. :cry:
    The idea of giving away goods from the main farm and Baha drove me to keep my EV land fallow (until the benefits - access to Sunflower Hill - outweighed the perceived cost). Starting with higher exchange rates and then lowering rates down later might have been a launch strategy so more people would give it a chance. I see you people. -.-

17. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

I invite people to look into their email account, BP has sent me a personalized bonus code for Edelweiss Valley.

18. Flower

Flower Advanced

Thank you, Nordais, I had thrown the message in the trash without reading it. Thought it was just advertisement o_O:oops:xD

Nordais likes this.
  19. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Cool new options in Edelweiss Valley! New icons shown when you go through inventory that let you know if you've reached the limit (red bell) or close to it (yellow bell). We can now craft up to 10 trees/seeds at a time per slot, of course it will multiply the crafting time by the same amount of trees/seeds selected but that means we don't need to stay by the crafting house for our 5 minutes craftings! YAY!! I can see we cannot shove 3 x 10 alpenroses unless we have the free space in inventory to take them it, but I just love this feature! :inlove::D:inlove:

Edit: turns out you can craft more trees/seeds, just click on the empty space for crafting and you can raise the amount up to 10 if you have the crafting materials! *Doubled YAY*!

EDIT2: There's also a button that lets us choose which crafting we want to collect, so we can launch multiple things and select the one we want to pick afterwards! :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    Flower and dumbunny like this.
  20. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I think they may have read my mind!

Nordais likes this.