Feedback Edelweiss Valley

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by shooger.sweet, Dec 6, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

The forum has been very hard to sign on ever since the update. Most of the time the forum buttons don't do anything.

I made my first alpine tree but it could be harvested only three times? and then had to be cut down? and now it says it will take hundreds of hours to make some of the ingredients to make another tree?
    I don't believe I will live long enough to get anywhere on this minigame .
    One of the ingredients can be made using only workshop products but all the workshop products that are available are worth several times what is required?

elimeno likes this.
  2. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Use the green slider to get several items at one try. The worth of one egg is even more than that outcome 4 option, but those you need and I prefer using egg instead of luggage, which has smaller worth.

With 3 eggs you can take slider to the end, but you hardly get items you need right now. Those better ones can be used in recycling to get more AEP.

Two first trees can be harvested just three times, but 3rd one can be harvested 5 times.

jäniksenpelätti likes this.
  3. elimeno

elimeno Forum Overlooker

forcing the game to close just allows me to log back on and HOPE that it works...which as you can see...it took me all day just to get back to the forum. this may be the final straw for me in regards to continuing to play this game...so over it

I also think we should all contact customer support and ask that they return our stars...all 2500 of them

Last edited by moderator: Dec 14, 2022
  4. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I am loath to speak to soon but the top right buttons appear to have been fixed! Good going - I could only use them after refreshing and that was a lot of refreshing! Thank you! :D

marymac50 and elimeno like this.
  5. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

It's not nearly as complicated as it first appeared - like everything else, it's a steep learning curve, but this one was fairly straightforward, not a lot of twists and turns. For me, my only real complaint now is that when I leave the Valley, instead of taking me to the map, it takes me back to whatever field I was at before I went up there, which is not a big deal, but it is a few extra clicks and with the game taking longer to move from place to place, if I want to visit there frequently, to check on things, it can add enough time to the game that it becomes frustrating. Other than that, I'm enjoying it and it very much is a place where the more time you can put into it, the faster you progress - but the early stages of the game were very much that way as well, and I'm sure once we get more places open, it will smooth out a bit. Overall, still a positive for me.

snatchsquad likes this.
  6. snatchsquad

snatchsquad Someday Author

I agree, it is a learn as you go area that is new & exciting :p:D
    I do like the way you use stuff you have a surplus of to make other stuff here that you need :D

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  7. illy1996

Like you, -Matselleste-, I find this adds a lot more time to my farming so I am taking it slow and steady with this and just producing the things to make trees and only using stuff I want to get rid of, like XL Trees and things I have plenty of, like Cress. When I have lots of time to spare and not much else going on, I will go there and do a lot more. The plus side is, I should have lots of things I can use straight away without waiting/growing/harvesting/milling, etc. :music:
    I am very happy with the new addition and look forward to getting more involved with it. :D

snatchsquad likes this.
  8. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

OK, I have had a bit of time to enjoy the Alpine Village. It is working fine except I cannot access the forum from it.
    But what concerns me is the loss of services on the main farm. In particular, the loss of the timer's ability to count down to a harvest. It I am on a field where a harvest is imminent, the clock stops! To get to the harvest, I have to go to another page, and then reload back to where I want to harvest! And if I am too soon, then Repeat! This constant loading and reloading is what overloads your system so you are bringing about your own overloads. This is so dumb that it transcends stupidity- A giant leap backwards.
    Edit: I feel the absence of EP from harvesting is totally against the basic fundamental aspect of Farmerama, so I assume it is a calculated attempt to direct us to use our resources to fill orders. This is cynical and childish. It is our right to determine whether we choose to fill orders and we shouldn't be bullied into it.
    Get back to your principles and stop manipulation!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    Brookeham and elimeno like this.
  9. Pumpkin333

Pumpkin333 Someday Author

Well, I've paid my 2500 stars (no problem I had loads) and I've given it a try. I'm already bored with planting apricot trees and have tried building up my supplies to be able to reproduce them only to find I've run out of storage space, which is extremely limited for crafting supplies.

Now I'm thinking this is all a waste of time and effort for very little reward. It takes for too long and far too much resource to be able to progress any further and get other trees/items and life really is too short.

Also I find the ski lift gets in the way of the cloudrow stalk and clutters up the main map.

For me - far too many negatives to carry on - it just gets in the way

10. elimeno

elimeno Forum Overlooker

having dealt with the overall dissatisfaction of this new component. I am actually pretty angry. I reached out to customer service only to be dismissed. Lack of customer service is disgusting. I would love to file a complaint against the company with the Better Business Bureau. I will say that this is the first time since playing this game since 2011, I have felt this way. Customer service was very quick to throw the blame on me despite the fact that I mentioned that the directions were NOT clear. The expectations, demands, and time were NOT clear. Again, to be dismissed and not even offered some type of resolution was and is very infuriating. Cherry on top was that they had the audacity to roll out new stables and want US to pay money despite their overwhelming lack of compassion to a customer. No thanks. Good Luck trying to get me to spend real money...NOPE-No MAS

Suesong likes this.
  11. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

I don't think I've seen this question, but why don't we get EP from harvesting? The only way to advance is to fill orders?

ç.çiftçi and Brookeham like this.
  12. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Recycling gives AEP also.

13. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

While at first I was a bit put out that buying the extra slots in the lumber mill only lasted three days... the drop rate for the keys seems to be very high, and I have enough keys to keep one or two manufacturing abilities with two slots, most all of the time. That is very pleasant. So far, I'm finding the whole thing more fun that I first expected. I personally enjoy the strategy aspect, of having to pick and choose which way to proceed with things, what trees to plant, which items I want to stock up on. I've run into "I have too much" several times, and had to make choices there; I've also run into "oh crap I forgot to make that!". I just opened my Beech trees and they need completely different supplies than the other trees, so that adds a layer of complexity, but I am enjoying having to make choices about how to prioritize, just like in the rest of the game. I've opened quite a few bonuses on the Wisdom path, all of which contribute to better gameplay. All in all, it's a better feature than I first expected. Clearly, it's designed for the long time player who is mostly growing long crops and doing events and wants something to make it feel like we are "playing". Well done.

14. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

I still have no idea what to do at the alpine
    i crafted some things but it looks like it takes an awful long time to finish? the number of hours is so high i am going to die of old age before anything is ready to collect. I don't know what i did but there is something going on at the lumbermill that I started back when the Edelweiss valley was introduced and it's still going to take 858 hours to finish... that's 36 days.
    I don't know how some of you have SEVERAL items ready

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    ç.çiftçi, sanddollar15 and elimeno like this.
  15. illy1996

I felt the same way as you did but I have had a go at most things and figured it out to my satisfaction (for the moment!) I have posted in the Strategy Thread a few hints that may help you. ;)

16. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

The white squares of Carpentry are not very informative.

Tarsis63 and asta.neiti like this.
  17. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Thank you for the addition of the "do you really want to chop down this tree?" question. I do not, however, love the additional click when entering the Carpentry. The number of times I go there to craft a tree, versus the number of times I go there to craft a badge, do not warrant having a separate option with yet another click. There are already SO many things we have to click on, that one is unnecessary.

Additionally, would it be possible to have our various areas in the lumbermill remember our preferences, at least for each login session? To make hummus, for example, I have to click on the arrows, select the criteria I want, then navigate to where I want to go... if it at least remembered that I want to do exchange value, that would be extremely helpful.

elimeno and Brookeham like this.
  18. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I do not like "do you really want to chop down this tree?" question, when the only option to do is chop down that tree. But it is good, if it is asked when there are harvest stages left. It was too easy to chop down growing tree.

I like the drop-bar showing many flowering branches etc. there are.

jäniksenpelätti and eijastiina like this.
  19. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

The trees may be a good sign of warning that it's time to harvest. Is there any I can't notice?
    does anyone knows

20. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

Thank you for the new pop-up icons indicating items are ready to harvest in the lumbermill and carpentry. They are helpful without being intrusive. As the Valley continues to be developed, it becomes more enjoyable to play. A big shout-out to the Devs for all their hard work.