Event FAQ's

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by julie1013, Nov 6, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

pferdepferdefarm - phew...that's a mouthful! LOL:p;)
    I wasn't going to respond, but then re-read your post a few times...and just couldn't help myself...so here it goes.
    I too agree with all that steph has said. Agreed, the FAQ launch was a disaster...but given a good translation FAQ thread by CJAT and fantastic strategy guide by many of our game smart people...Like Mir and Aluntino and pnp, Arq and others...we had more than enough info to start and progress through the event. In fact, I personally, was surprised how easily I got through the 1st step. And yes, there were game related glitches.
    My main point(yes, I will eventually get to it) is why did you give up after finishing step 3???? All you had to do then, was farm the event plants, collect drops and build 20 sail mills. That's just regular farming.
    I believe, if you had read the strategy thread, many people were doing ok with the event...even with said glitches. Then it was announced that there would be a generous time extension. If you hadn't given up...everything would have worked out fine and you probably would have finished with time to spare.
    Our farmer community(including mods) is extremely helpful! If you had a problem, I wish you would have reached out and written a post. Not only was the strategy thread a lifesaver....but there is always an SOS thread to ask for buffs and drops. Our fellow farmers are so generous with advice, products and just about anything available to give or help one another.

This was a challenging event(yes, with a few hiccups) but a fun change and very rewarding.
    Anyhoo....that's my 2 cents.:)

TERRIE, farmerumf, JJenks and 4 others like this.
  2. FionaSky

FionaSky Active Author

Thank you TeddyBear for that detailed explanation.

May I ask what role the community managers play? I'm sure I remember a time when there were issues here and a "community manager" stepped in and said something along the lines that she over saw the English forum and and had ultimate responsibility for and control over it and she was stopping/deleting posts she didn't feel were appropriate. And my memory may be a little fuzzy, she may even have said she was an employee of BP??

So does this position still exist? And if so, why, knowing that there were issues with getting the FAQ released at the same time as the other forums, didn't this person step up to make sure that there was the appropriate notification posted for the English speaking forum?
    On the basis that this event had a slightly different starting mechanism/process it was important to have a clear understanding of how the event was to work.

If there is someone who has that position for any given forum, doesn't ultimately the responsibility lie with them to ensure that if the mods are not available to have the available info posted, that they get it done?

TERRIE and SuzeeRabbit like this.
  3. pferdepferdefarm

pferdepferdefarm Active Author

I don't read strategy threads as the whole challenge of the game for me to work out how to complete the challenge. As I had no FAQ's I couldn't plan a strategy. As the first step was unusual I didn't have an historic plan to turn to.
    I gave up after step 3 as I had very little time left to make the sails. I can't afford to use power feed to speed things up.

I hope this explains my frustration a little.

SuzeeRabbit likes this.
  4. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Thank you all for your comments, you are all wonderful.

First of all, please don't be too harsh with pferdepferdefarm - I am pretty sure you (he/she) did not read my explanation before, because the comment was made in the bonus code feedback thread :oops: I didn't want to bring up the whole thing in the 4th thread, so I moved it to the appropriate place. I do understand your frustration, and your point of view - and I honestly apologise for this, but as mentioned and explained in details, you can be mad at us, do not blame the higher ups for the lack of FAQ.

silvasapphire, thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated and it's always a pleasure assisting you all.

Michael1877: all the communities have the same set time for posting the OAs and FAQs - if there are changes at times, admins can get confused, but this happens rarely, rarely and it's a small honest mistake. So most of the times, the FAQs will be complete, and posted roughly around the same time - minutes apart maybe, due to several reasons.

julie2013: I entirely second heidels' post :) in no way you were disrespectful or we interpreted your post as offensive. We honestly understood the entire community's frustration, and we know it's well founded.

heidels: I do appreciate your kind words, but as explained BP is not the one to take responsibility. They have us, we earned our place in the team, and we have to ensure that everything works smoothly. If we are not, they will take action. But as explained, we are ready now in case of absences :p it won't happen again.

pferdepferdefarm: I apologise once again for this whole mess, I hope you will still enjoy the bonus code which is supposed to make up for the game issues, not the FAQ problem (I would gift you all the bestest in game items if I could!) and I hope that after reading all the above you will not blame our wonderful producer for this - because he's got nothing to do with it. And this leads me to ...

steph2014: Thank you for your kind words. I do agree with you and after the wonderful meeting with some of your fellow farmers in chat, I am happy to see that most of you did notice the game improving overall in the last months. Everything has been running smoothly lately, with very few hiccups, and promises are kept. I can assure you that you will be pleasantly surprised of what the future brings for Farmerama!

Brookeham, very lovely of you to be so helpful, thank you.

Hello FionaSky :)

There's a little bit of a misunderstanding there - the position you are referring to is not of the community managers, but of our global team leaders. We indeed has problems years ago when the English GTLs (Global team leaders - in our case in particular, in the past, Buckys_Wench or Serengettispirit) had to interfere because the posts were way out of line, but thankfully, I am proud to say that I did not have to ring the alarm and the Forum did not get out of control in over a year - and this makes me happy, happy, happy and honoured to have such a wonderful community. I already took the blame and I will continue to do so ... Since we did not need their help lately, the not-so-old members in the team did not know who to run to for information (and they did not even know an FAQ is supposed to be posted, or when - because as explained, they do not receive this information).

The Community Managers on the other hand - that is a different position. The game Community Managers - they are the ones who keep us informed with all the changes, they provide us all the information about game features, events, FAQs, OAs, they collect our feedbacks, bug reports, work closely with the entire game team (producer, Flash and PHP developers, graphic and creative designers, translators, etc) and they have a huge role in the development of the game. I'm sure the role will be shortly explained by one of them. We seek their help for any game related issues. Our EN (international) Community Manager is responsible of the Teams, and we seek their help for any team related issues/concerns - promotions, new members, ex members, as well as in charge of the customer care teams and the complex issues and situations that might arise. What I can definitely tell you and I really want to say out loud, is that they are extremely dedicated and passionate about their job, and we could not ask for anything more from them. We are blessed to have them on board!

All this being said :) I apologise once again for this inconvenience, and I do hope you will enjoy the new Cuckoo breeding FAQ (which was posted on time, and complete).

heidels, julie1013, steph2014 and 2 others like this.
  5. BlazingBlades

BlazingBlades Advanced

@teddy.bear
    Do you know what you are? You are a great ombudsman! Amazing and very balanced. A huge heart. And great insight.

Big kudos to you, Teddy! :)

heidels, farmerumf, TERRIE and 4 others like this.
  6. teddy.bear

Awww thank you very much BlazingBlades, I appreciate your kind words. :)

julie1013 and BlazingBlades like this.
  7. julie1013

julie1013 Commander of the Forum

Thanks teddy ;)

8. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

This is my point....If you had read just the 1st few pages of the strategy thread, I believe you could have finished the event. Sometimes we need others help.

Thank you teddy for being so supportive, understanding, patient and ooooh so very helpful to all of us farmers!!!:inlove:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    steph2014 and BlazingBlades like this.
  9. pferdepferdefarm

pferdepferdefarm Active Author

and this is my point - my reason for playing the game is to work out a strategy not crib off other people. I'm an individual playing alone not in some team sport. As someone pointed out elsewhere its not a competitive game where you compete with each other. Its more a test of your own ability to play the game well and move up the levels. I personally see no joy in applying other peoples strategies.

TERRIE likes this.
  10. teddy.bear

That's one of the best aspects of the game :) It can be played in so many different ways and following so many different strategies, on your own or planning with your neighbours and friends. Also, this is slightly off topic - and we should all remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Bottom line is that you are all amazing :) and I am extremely happy and proud to be part of such a wonderful community.

:oops: As a small apology and thank you, we have came up with this quick Raffle to give away some power feed units for the upcoming event, and make it start smoother than the Comic event. :inlove: Good luck everyone!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  11. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Thank you. I fully understand translation issues, since I speak more than one language myself (not one useful here, unfortunately... most speakers know English as well as their "native" tongue).

If there is an issue, it is not with the volunteer mods, that is DEFINITE! I have had a couple of issues with how information is presented by Big Point/farmerama -- such as giving slightly better explanations of the cloud rows in the event threads, (for the benefit of new players) rather than assuming anyone needing information would go to the FAQs. Those are minor issues.

In the end, this is a game, we are here to have fun. Thank you for helping.

BlazingBlades and Arielh like this.
  12. teddy.bear

Hello woody :)

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to say that the Game Team is aware of this - however, since event mechanisms are changing now and again, and there are new players all the time as well, it's hard to explain every detail in game - and we also love doing the FAQs :p