Fall Festival - Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Nov 13, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

There was a big controversy about the leader of one of the moderator teams participating in the HH a few years ago. From the DE forum I learned that BP in the end decided that the moderators who have access to early info "about events and innovations" are not allowed to participate anymore. If this is still the case I don't know.

zerodegrees, baw815, fun2farm and 2 others like this.
  2. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

You know this is not the case. You can see a lot of players who are still moderators in the TOP 500.

mus1962 and fun2farm like this.
  3. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Please don't tell me what I know or don't know. I did not read all the names of the TOP500. Among those I did read I don't remember seeing someone I know is a moderator.

Also I did not say that no moderators can participate. It was moderators with access to early info, I think mainly board administrators and team leaders. This is the info the moderators in the DE forum presented. That's all I know. (If I recall correctly the whole moderator team in the DE forum refrained from participating last year, even though not all where required to do so. If they did the same again this year I do not know.)

zerodegrees, mus1962 and SahraB like this.
  4. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

What you are saying sounds fair, SahraB, so I have to agree.:)
    I feel sorry for the Mods, though - they must have awesome farms!! Maybe they could have their own World Mods Competition?!:music::)

sanddollar15, SahraB and mus1962 like this.
  5. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

OA

Pushing is not ethical, but BP allows it in Farmerama, unless you use a program.

So any player can have dozens of farms that share the same market as their main account, and benefit from it without breaking the rules.

How many in the TOP 500 do this? I'm sure a few

We can talk about it, and I'm sure most of us will say this is unfair, but sadly there is nothing we can do.

zerodegrees, mus1962, sebe96 and 5 others like this.
  6. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

7. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

I have four farms and all four are on different markets. I think it would be hard to get many in the same market, but then again, this game is all about randomness, so some might could luck up and get them in the same market. I basically spend real money on my main farm, and on occasion buy the harvester on the second farm, and send items between farms during gift and trade, if one was lucky to get something another has not, but my new stuff that I buy stays put on my main farm until it becomes old LOL, my main farm is Greedy!! It doesnt like to share LOL. I know I spend way more time on this game than most people do, and I cannot even begin to compete with some of the top players, I wish I knew their secrets. Thats why I set my goals at ones I feel I can accomplish, I dont think I could ever place number one in the hoedown, or number one in the top ten CC holder unless it was like five to ten years from now, and I know some players have played that long. I am not even at three years yet, so yeah maybe if I was playing for ten years, I might could get up there, but then again, those in the top also would just keep accumulating too. I know like a year ago, the tenth place holder was at like 20 billions CCs and its up to over 50 now.

8. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

:DDear sebe96....placing #17 in the TOP 1000/3000 makes you one of the TOP PLAYERS!!!!.........AND...btw.......

:D:DCONGRATULATIONS FOR A MAGNIFICIENT RUN!!!:D:D

Brookeham, baw815, mus1962 and 6 others like this.
  9. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

o_O Without breaking the rules??

mus1962 and farmer_broke like this.
  10. farmer_broke

xD
    S-B the Swan, you know I have plenty hilarious comments about all this. xD

In keeping with the good ol community spirit of things:

In the Harvest Hoedown the farmer_broke farm of the EN Forum appeared from nowhere
    donated
    left the competition 3 days before the event ended
    finished well
    AND began to disclose the foolproof method BEFORE the event ended!

The message was clearly also sent that the farm would appear in the TOP 10 in this game.

The farmer_broke farm did none of that multiple farm business
    Completely ignored ALL in the TOP 10 cc holders in this game
    The plan took form while reading what ALL wrote in the EN Forum ....... THE ENGLISH FORUM!
    Spent whatever ccs it had to exactly -0-
    Approximately 7 months later the farm from the EN FORUM
    level 95
    ep total was hilarious
    a totally free farm
    appeared from out of nowhere in the TOP 10 cc holders in this game
    went to number 6 in the TOP cc holders
    left the bunch at will

AND NOW TO SUMMARIZE EXACTLY HOW THE SMALL OBJECTIVE WAS ACCOMPLISHED:

farmers were simply OUT-THOUGHT

And to put all from anywhere in the game on notice:

no doubt a farm from the EN FORUM will appear again

11. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

F_B the Rooster, Thank you for the explanation, you're always very helpful:)

12. farmer_broke

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiitttttt a minute! I'm just getting started. xD

Don't you dare think for a second that I have not learned AND AM CONTINUING to learn AND NOW AM OPERATING using the multiple farm foolishness. I think this multiple farm benefit foolishness is a tad bit slimy
    BUT
    If a farmer chooses to play with slime then that farmer must be prepared to wallow in it.

I have started multiple farms as most have heard ..... some I wish now that I can remember the names of.

They were begun innocently with the intention of helping other players get started with marketing in this game.
    Time has passed.
    About 3 months ago I began to try and figure out which markets these farms were on again.

GUESS what I have found?

I have found 3 more farms which are on the same market as the farmer_broke farm. (I believe you are a friend of them all already. I'll check to make sure.)

AND even more:

I am learning very very very rapidly how to manage multiple farms and
    TO THE BENEFIT OF A SINGLE FARM

Just as we have learned that others in the game are doing presently
    AND HAVE BEEN DOING
    for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time now.
    AND
    Once I have the style perfected,
    I will be more than happy to share it with you all ............... but strategically ...... because I am absolutely sure the tactic will travel!
    Want me to write something else to entertain you? xD

zerodegrees and sanddollar15 like this.
  13. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

That's the rule from the OA

Having multiple farms feeding one is not punishable.
    So you are not breaking the rule by doing so

14. farmer_broke

xD
    I have seen the transfers of goods being made in the market and have said it before.

xDxD
    Now for the fun!

Farmers outside of the EN Forum had better use multiple farm tactics to have even a remote chance of placing higher than farmers in the EN Forum competing in any Hoedown final competition.

And if they choose not to do so then they should plan on getting worn out!

We simply do not require the tactics to handle the competition. xDxD

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    zerodegrees and SahraB like this.
  15. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

I agree.

farmer_broke likes this.
  16. farmer_broke

xDxD
    S-B the Swan. You have made me think of all kinds of tactics and I do not want to tell anybody about them because our Moderators

teddy-the-Bear has disciplined me very effectively
    and
    shooger-the-Owl has followed the behavior modification efforts with class

I have mended my behavior accordingly.

But due to you S-B - the - Swan,

I have concocted a plan to more than double this year's NUMBER 1 finisher with

xDxD only 100 CAC.

Stop it S-B the Swan. :inlove:xDxDxD I refuse to engage in such tactics! NO!

SahraB likes this.
  17. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

OMG! ......:eek: There are still players who think it's illegal to own more than one farm.

There are players who have played this game for years, who don't know what a Market number is.

For example, when I was a Mod at the Turkey Forum ( for a very short time), I remember that I could not give clear answers to questions about the Market number, even though know it. But there are some very brave Mods here.

I think the players who know about this game need to help the players who are just starting out and can't find the information they want. No, no need to stop it.-.-

xD

18. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

No, but then again, I don't think the Top 3000 competition was ever truly 100% fair. Even without multiple farms on the same market boosting the main farm, there are all sorts of bonuses for players to spend money on that help them generate more EV or CC per hour than those of us who play for free under otherwise identical conditions. It is what it is.

The only question that matters to me is whether or not a completely free farm like mine has a decent chance of competing in the gold tier of the Top 3000 without resorting to pushing. I still think the answer is "yes" but I would seriously need to up my game if I want to remain competitive in future hoedowns, and I'm not sure I'm prepared do that. I'm also not sure if it'll be worth all the effort for what seems like ever diminishing rewards...

MataHari shared her strategy on the DE forum and unless she's lying (I have no reason to to doubt her), she earned that #1 spot fair and square. She didn't use any auxiliary farms or the market, and only donated crops + tree fruit with the highest barn value, all of which were produced on that one farm with the help of in-game bonuses (farmwheel, etc), the Chestnut Festival cloud row, and a ton of SG. I'm happy for her and can't think of anyone more deserving of first place.

I think it was against the rules until late 2016 when BP updated their terms & conditions.

Game rules in 2015:

4. Personal Advantage: Pushing/Multi-accounting/Farming

4.1. Pushing
    Pushing is strictly forbidden in all our games. Pushing is the interaction of two or more game accounts with the goal of providing at least one of these accounts with any type of advantage. Pushing applies to accounts belonging to one user as well as to multiple players. Support reserves the right to decide whether or not the interactions between two accounts can be constituted as pushing.

4.2. Multi-accounting
    Multi-accounting is the operation of multiple gaming accounts by the same player. This is only allowed if the relevant Game Rules specifically state this it is permitted for that particular game. In Farmerama, we only allow Multi-accounting so long as Points 4.1 and 4.3 are not breached.

4.3. Farming
    It is strictly forbidden to create so-called "Farming accounts" in our games. Farming happens when an account is created for the purpose of providing other existing accounts with an advantage (e.g. through the exploitation of an account, friend invites, mass gift-giving, etc.)

Game rules in 2016:

4. Personal Advantage: Pushing/Multi-accounting

4.1 Pushing
    Pushing is strictly forbidden in some Bigpoint games. Pushing is the interaction between two or more game accounts with the goal of providing at least one of these accounts with any type of advantage.

In Farmerama, it's only forbidden to provide your own account or another account with an advantage by using non-authorized methods/scripts/software.

All interactions between the accounts of one or more players which are carried out manually are not considered pushing and are therefore allowed.

4.2 Multi-accounting
    Multi-accounting is the operation of multiple game accounts by the same player. This is only allowed if game administrators explicitly state that this is permitted for that game.

In Farmerama, we only allow multi-accounting if the accounts have not been created/are played using scripts or programs.

The removal of section 4.3 speaks volumes to me...

Here's what the German moderators said in the announcement for the Fall Festival 2019 event:

We would like to point out that moderators with admin access rights are no longer allowed to participate in top events with ranking. These moderators receive the rewards posted by the Farmerama team as compensation. Moderators without admin privileges have a choice whether to participate or not. Once again, the moderators who refuse to participate will receive the rewards.

The entire German moderator team has decided not to attend the event. So that not only the admins, but also the forum moderators waive the participation. We wish a fair event!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    baw815, SahraB, -Mir85- and 1 other person like this.
  19. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

I replaced the explanation about pushing with the actual game rules from 2016 that escalonilla already posted. I'm reposting it because I wanted to show how the rules changed in 2016.

If you compare the two versions, you'll see they removed section 4.3 and added a few lines about how pushing is only forbidden if someone uses non-authorized methods/scripts/software.

That tells me post-2016 BP has no problem with players having multiple auxiliary farms feeding their main farm on the same market as long as they produce and transfer the goods manually (i.e., without using bots), even if it may have been against the rules in the past.

baw815, SahraB, -Mir85- and 2 others like this.
  20. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

I have deleted my post as I need time to digest this information. I do not want to offend anyone if my opinions/observations are not valid.

Am I understanding you correctly to say that it is an accepted practice (re: the Top 3000) to sell things to yourself from your other farms to donate if one has multiple farms on the same market??

Doesn't that also give an almost unlimited advantage as well? I'm not quite understanding much of a difference, (except for the speed part).
    Both still give an advantage, don't they? Isn't that the goal of both?

Imho, the removal of 4.3 undermines the good sportsmanship and value of purpose of the Top 3000.

Must the game Administrators announce that this is permitted, as per 4.2 (2016), before each game, as stated above?

So many questions, zerodegrees! I hope you don't mind...I'm truly trying to get my mind around all this. None of this had never occurred to me before, and I'd like to get it right.

baw815 and SahraB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.