Farm Needs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmer_broke, Aug 5, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Want 5,000 fish. Market 40

2. purplebeet

purplebeet Active Author

Could someone refresh me on how to find our market?

farmer_broke likes this.
  3. farmer_broke

@purplebeet

sebe96 has a link in post #7 here that contains a link which will work for you.

Another way is to look near the highest price for Golden Leaf and/or pears. You should find market watchers have the market number in the cents column and/or the quantity column. The same individuals will appear regularly with their market number.

------
    Have all sunflowers now. Thanks to those who assisted.

Need 750,000 sorghum
    market 40

4. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

Im new. The market link takes me to a spreadsheet in another language. The spreadsheet is blank and I don't understand what exactly to do. Is there an instruction manual on posting, switching markets posting in other market #'s ect.
    Thank you.

5. farmer_broke

@morris111

Hello morris111
    I will try and assist you. Ask away.

Agree, the link will take you to a spreadsheet in another language. (does not matter)
    The number, 3401506 , appears when you first open the link. (the spreadsheet you refer to is behind but no need)
    Replace that number with the ID number of your farm.
    Your market number will appear in the position where the number 17 is shown in green.
    No need to review the spreadsheet to find your market number as it will appear for you.

There is not a way that you can change markets from the one your farm has been assigned.

purplebeet and farmlily3 like this.
  6. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Hi dear friends !
    Anyone from market 19 ?
    I need 200 garlic. I am in market 19.

farmer_broke and farmlily3 like this.
  7. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

I understand the beginning. I don't understand how to post. Can you post something, 1 wheat so that I can see how the form works. Does this mean that I can't sell to a farm outside of my market? Im not good with blank forms without instruction, and there is never anything posted there.

8. farmer_broke

We will get you going.
    Finding your market is one thing and posting on that market is another.

Please realize, if you and I are not on the same market then we cannot buy and sell to one another. No easy or common way!

Using that spreadsheet ... I typed in this farm's ID number .... 37952079 ... The number 40 then shows is Green ... That is the market number

If you do the exact same thing using your ID number then your market number will appear.

FOR YOU: If you need one of us here to find your market number for you then you must give us your farm ID number.

This farm now wishes to purchase:
    10,000 honey
    It's market number is 40

@morris111
    I know what the going rate for honey is on market 40. I don't want 5 or 10 but 10,000.
    And I now refuse to pay what others are asking for their 5's or 10's or 100's.

Now it is up to sellers what they ask for
    AND
    UP TO ME WHAT I PAY

The form is only used presently to assist those wanting their market number. Nothing is posted there.

9. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

Thank you very much that is very helpful and usefull information.

farmer_broke likes this.
  10. farmer_broke

@morris111
    I began another farm yesterday and I scanned the little market I could see. I noticed you were selling.

I do not know your market at all but have used various markets in this game. The farm cannot see much. If you find you need a little assistance then we will try.

And if I need something then I am coming to you.

morris111 and purplebeet like this.
  11. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

another farm? how does that work. And yes grains and feed are my thing now that I figured out buffs. Can crafting goods be sold here as well?

farmer_broke and farmerlily22 like this.
  12. farmer_broke

I saw where teddy.bear responded to you concerning a change in farm name.

If changing your farm name is your objective then you can accomplish this by only beginning a new farm. The old farm remains.

You must begin again as a new player. The only thing you may take with you is the knowledge you currently have of the game. Your farms may be neighbors if you choose.

purplebeet likes this.
  13. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

Thank you, I might have two farms now. Speaking of knowledge I have a question for the seasoned players, How in the heck are people growing so much crops. I use 1x1 with buffs and other than grains other crops just are not worthwhile. Is there more that I'm missing. I stopped doing crops, it was becoming painfull.

farmlily3 likes this.
  14. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Morris111: If you don't have the harvest functions, 1x1s will be tortuous! I have done it but I wouldn't do it again long term! :wuerg:

If you want to gain more crops and don't have machinery, consider using Comfort Fields (CF). Each field takes 3 seeds but, with CAC, you will get 17 seeds from a 2x2 plot. If you add in some SSG, this will yield you 23 seeds. :)

But, remember you will need 3 seeds per plot to plant again. I always use the equation that each Comfort Field will give me 14 seeds and with Suzi's Supergrow (SSG), it will give me 20 seeds (I've already subtracted the 3 seeds I need to replant). Already this is better than the 12 seeds that four 1x1 plots will give you (after replanting). :p

The only downside is that they take four times longer than normal to grow! If you have an abundance of Supergrow (SG), not a problem.

Other reasons that farmers are able to grow a lot of crops is to a certain extent down to experience. Other factors are: they don't work (I'm actually retired but I did play when I worked not so long ago), they have no or few family commitments so they can play when they like - or they may not sleep much! :D
    I'm don't know if this helped much and I am sure others have a lot of other suggestions but it may just give you an idea. ;)

farmlily3, morris111 and farmer_broke like this.
  15. farmer_broke

This farm has rarely grown crops. Too painful for this ooooooooooooold farmer nooooooooooow.
    This farm most likely has over 50 million crops in the barn though.
    I could never grow them. So I choose to play the market to get them.
    I buy and sell regularly.

If you desire to use this approach to crop accumulation then I strongly recommend that you begin by being respectful to those in the market.

Great to see you asking what you want to know. You will learn the game quickly and meet good people. illy1996 is trying to assist you! Good farmer to have assisting you. She helps me too and I could never repay her. This farm has a special ladybug which I have named illy-the ladybug after her. (Priceless)

-------------------------------
    Farm needs 12,000 bitter ginger immediately.
    Market 40.
    I'll buy all of your bitter ginger seeds regularly. Let's make a deal.

farmlily3 likes this.
  16. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

Very helpful, gave me some reading to do. I do buy and sell on the market, learned the names of the low priced high quantity goods guys, (several don't exist if you try to message or friend them). Thank you for taking the time.

farmlily3 and farmer_broke like this.
  17. illy1996

I forgot one other way to build up crops ... buy them from the Store. You can buy 300 of each crop each day and they are usually cheaper than the Market (for the first five or six pages anyway). You'd be surprised how quickly the accumulate. :)

I should just give you a little warning ... double posting is not allowed. You will find your second post is likely to be deleted by a Mod. To avoid double posting, edit your previous post. If you have already added the second post, copy the contents and insert them in the previous post and delete the second post. ;)

farmlily3 likes this.
  18. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

Double posting in farm needs I assume. I rarely post here, crops I mean. I turn most of my crops into feed or in the case of grains and corn sell at high prices. I was just making sure I had the crops figured out. I enjoy this game but find that the higher your level the less there is to do that doesn't take days or more to accomplish.

farmlily3 likes this.
  19. illy1996

It certainly takes time as you progress! But the satisfaction when you finish something you have been working on for ages is fantastic! xD

Double posting means having two posts together (as your posts above #56 and #57). You can post as many times as you like in a thread but you cannot post twice consecutively. It is a rule of the Forum supposedly to prevent people from - now I can't remember the word for it - flooding the Forum with multiple posts! :music:

farmlily3 likes this.
  20. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

I see, noted.

farmlily3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.