Feedback Farmerama - Game and Features

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by teddy.bear, Aug 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. WorkingHard

WorkingHard Forum Apprentice

More land, more land, more land I cried and when I got it, I almost died.
    I thought maybe they didn’t hear, when the cloud rows did appear.
    Although it turned out really nice, for plants and animals it didn’t suffice.
    More land, more land, more land I cried. Thought it might come after I died.
    A rainforest? A rainforest? What is this. If it’s land, who do I kiss?
    I plowed the land, I planted trees and the animals came out, very pleased.
    More land, more land, more land I cried. Moonlite is coming. I think I died!
    Tear up the fields, put animals away. Moonlite crops need a place to play.
    Just in time a beautiful cage, Moonlite crops have their own private stage.
    More land, more land, more land I cried. Breeding animals? I hope they died!
    Tear up the fields, put animals away. Breeding houses need a space to stay.
    Breeding and rework? I don’t understand. Breeding in a house, not on land.
    More land, more land, more land I cried and when I got it, I almost died.
    My eyesight is going, my hair turning gray but I’m so glad I decided to stay.
    More land, more land I no more cry. I’m in heaven so I know I died.

2. marlenef24

marlenef24 Forum Connoisseur

I am also in the line "I love the new breeding feature", excellent work:inlove:...as well I am very happy that we've got snow:D:D:D

Cassie101 likes this.
  3. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

I love the snow, it's beautifully done. Well done devs. :D:D

4. pickles60

pickles60 Forum Connoisseur

I totally agree. I have thousands of herbals, wire and mandrakes in my inventory. At the end of the day they can be gained by harvest drops. BTW I thought I read somewhere that yellow stables were removed from the wheel, but I am sure I have received a couple in the last few days :oops:. Please correct me if I'm wrong :sleepy:

farmlily3 likes this.
  5. playful123

playful123 Forum Pro

your not wrong i got one last wk i also got one turbo mulch gee i wonder what i will use it on :p

007Farming, pickles60 and farmlily3 like this.
  6. Decree

Decree Old Hand

I've been playing for a while now and keeping notes on all aspects of the game. I've got a small collection of them, so I figured it's time to share. I have a long background in gaming, including working for a gaming company. Hopefully this does not fall on deaf ears. I will bullet point the issues and explain them afterwards. Moderators and devs, feel free to contact me if something isn't clear or you'd like a more in depth explanation, or suggestions on how to improve these features.

I'm going to start with Refinement. This is a concept I have enjoyed from the start. There are some major flaws.
    • 24 Hour Lock on refinements needs to go, this should be instant (The CC cost is fine).
    • Negative effects need to go (Nothing needs to replace them, just remove the current negatives).
    • Crops not already included, need to be added.
    • Bahamarama crops need to be added.
    • Tree fruits should be added.
    • While not a refinement, animals need to be added (call it technology or whatever).
    The ability to swap already refined bonuses should be instant. Players have spent COUNTLESS hours, SG, and possibly even BB to earn these refinements and slapping an additional 24 hour lock on each one isn't intuitive or fun for the player. It certainly isn't beneficial to you, the maker of the game, as it turns players off to a function of the game, meaning one less area you're going to get someone to open their wallet.

Negative effects are both counterproductive and disappointing. Again, this pushes players away from this function in the game, costing you money because players don't see the benefit in having to spend any resources only to have the bad outweigh the good.

The additions should be self explanatory. Keep in mind, this function already exists in the game, the issue here is that it is not being utilized by the developers of this game. The majority of the work has already been done and as a comparison, adding and tweaking new features and updating old ones are far easier at this point. Have a team sit down and retool the refining process instead of trying to figure out some new way to impress your customers with some new gadget. Trust me, the players will be impressed if you improve existing features as well. Just look at breeding and moonlight madness.

Crafting could use a bit of an update as well.
    • The alchemist is garbage, needs a complete overhaul.
    • Need more recipes and variety (A severe lack of options at the Silver level).
    • Crafting/Trade items should be sold in the market.
    The alchemist...I really don't feel I need to say anything, but here's what I will say. There are two major issues. The bonuses given, are not competitive with other crafts in both what is gained, and cost to produce. The use of a plot in order to receive the bonus is an additional turnoff.

As others have already mentioned, there is a glaring hole in the silver slot of buffs. I will use an example to illustrate our frustrations, as I am usually very detailed on maximizing my farming efforts. Recently I was farming, I wanted to use my flower cloud row and maximize my efforts. So I decided on growing Bromeliad on my island, and Sunflowers on my main lands. The first item is always the easiest when it comes to growing crops for an extended period. Carrot Apple Chutney takes the Diamond slot. Next I look to fill the gold slot, Spring Boutonniere for my Sunflowers, and...an empty Gold slot. Gold does have some +EP options so I'll throw a Zucchini Apple-Bread into that second gold slot. Now I head to my 4 silver slots. Winter Wreath and Carrot Bread...not much else to consider. This example shows that there just aren't enough options, and this is with consideration to two specifically selected crops which actually have some impact. I can give many examples where I just cannot use all of my slots, and if I'm using one slot, I'd like to be able to use all of them, and I'm not the only one wishing this were true. However, I want to make my position clear, as my complaint is not only with the silver slots lack of options. Every slot has a lack of options. There should be a lot of combination possibilities. This is a great mechanic, and needs to be continually updated and supported.

The crafting drops, and the basic recipe crafted items should be available on the market. This would allow players who do not care to craft items to get something out of the drops, and get more drops into the hands of people who really love crafting.

Party Wheel Prizes.
    • Jackpots
    • Bat Roost III: Red
    • Base and Yellow Pens/Production Stables
    • Low Value Crafted Goods
    • Doubles (2x EP, or Coins)
    The party wheel is like a minefield. While it rarely happens, sometimes the jackpot is a one time bonus of BEP. Yeah, this just isn't a jackpot. The jackpot should be limited to the EP givers, +100/+200% EP givers, + Crops, etc. You should know by now what people really want as a jackpot. Throw in some old pets, and other vintage items which are highly sought after.

The bat roost...now this isn't really an issue, I very specifically do not have a problem with there being a red bat roost. My problem is that it is ONLY the red bat roost. I'd love to have the opportunity to get a red goose, duck, cow, rabbit, even chicken. The slot isn't the problem, it's the lack of variety that makes this such a turn off.

Base and Yellow pens and production stables. These just don't fly well when I'm spending BB on party tickets. Consider putting these at Orange level and only include ONE. More on that is next.

Doubles...sigh. When I look at the party wheel and consider if I want to spin the first thing I look at is the jackpot. Is it worth it? If it is, the next thing I look at is if there is a red bat roost, if there is, then I won't roll. Sometimes there's TWO red bat roosts. Then I check if there are base/yellow pens. Yup, I won't roll with those out there either. Often times there are more than one of these as well. Then, if I get this far, I look to see if there's a double coin or low ep option. As can see there's a pattern. 2,000 BEP, isn't worth my roll and leaves me wishing I hadn't rolled. SG, SSG, STM, Breeds, Harvester Coupons, XXL Trees, Red Pens (with variety) are all very good prizes. There's no need to make it Russian Roulette. Better prizes will encourage customers to buy party tickets.

Last but not least...the Premium Subscriptions.
    • 50% of benefits are not relevant to higher level players
    • Expected benefits, are not included
    I've looked into this numerous times because both of my parents play and I've been wanting to get something like this for them as a gift, but it's not worth it at all. I've classified the benefits as good, mixed, or bad. Explanations will be at the end.

Good - 1 bottle of pheromones when breeding
    Mixed - Large neighborhood
    Bad - Extra premium customers in the farmhouse
    Bad - Two free resets of customers in the farmhouse
    Good - Double the Manure Pile
    Good - Never ending supply of water
    Mixed - Extra daily farm wheel spin
    Bad - Direct Garden Access
    Bad - Direct Meadow Access
    Good - 5% more drops on items
    Bad - Weeds be gone
    Bad - Twice as much at the market
    Good - 25 SSG, 10 PF each month
    Good - Auto-Tree harvest

As you can see, there are 6 good, 2 mixed, and 6 bad. Now for the explanations.

-Pheromones already slotted into breeding is a fantastic benefit. No complaints.
    -Large neighborhood, good concept, but not when there is no increase in gifts available to give or receive.
    -Extra Premium customers and resets. Most players have figured out they get more EP/BEP by selling those same products and buying crafting items instead of trading into the farmhouse.
    -Double the Manure, I almost labeled this as mixed, but it's good. Unfortunately it's kinda out of place. My barn can store thousands of animals, but a tiny amount of manure...awkward.
    -Never ending supply of water...third best feature.
    -Extra daily farm wheel spin. Mixed because most higher level players rarely need much off the regular wheel anymore, and the prizes there are underwhelming.
    -Direct Garden and Meadow access, again, most high level players have this. While it's beneficial for new players, typically speaking, newer players have a much higher rate of quitting than veteran players. One reason for this is the feeling that newer players have to spend money in order to feel like they can compete or catch up. It's not beneficial for anyone in the long term.
    -%5 more drops on items, best feature.
    -Weeds be gone, again...this is a somewhat antiquated feature in which most players do not struggle with. It's a good benefit, but not applicable to most players looking for a "premium" benefit.
    -Twice as much at the market. This is only good when there's no one else selling on the market. Otherwise you're getting undercut and will be lucky to sell anything. So ultimately, it has limited use at best.
    -SSG, and PF. These are both handy and useful.
    -Auto-Tree harvest. Second best feature.

As you can see, there really isn't much here for any players who have been playing for some time. I would expect to see better options if you're looking to get people to subscribe to these benefits.

These are my thoughts. I tried not to make suggestions because I know how much moderators hate when people post things in one forum that should be in another forum, so I'll put my suggestions in that forum instead.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  7. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

Wow, not only well stated, Decree, I actually learned some things about Premium. I've looked at it several times and never found it to be worth my money. I hope the developers listen. :)

sanddollar15, TCRooster and farmerumf like this.
  8. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Excellent post Decree! You have covered the issues very well. As Noelle said, it is to be hoped BP developers pay attention.:)

sanddollar15 and Noelle20001 like this.
  9. George_Washington

George_Washington Someday Author

Maybe it has already been said, but I think adding Penguins to the animals that can be purchased at the Carpenter's Shop would be awesome.
    :D :) ;) :p :music:

10. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

Decree, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and also for the time it took to post them. I am sure they will give many farmers something to think about for they contain many good points!
    I'd buy them GeorgexD I just love penguins;)

11. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

Thank you Decree for such an awesome explanation of your thoughts regarding pros and cons in many areas of the game!! xD

Penguins? Did someone say Penguins? Love it:inlove: (as a permanent)

Hear ye BP!! Time for new blood regarding game developers. Developers with HEART for the players experience in the game:D

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  12. playful123

playful123 Forum Pro

ooooook so far not impressed with gifts from penguins 1 powerfeed all the rest bep n ep

13. MRayW

MRayW Forum Greenhorn

One of the things that I'm finding difficult is lack of space. I have all these new animals, but no where to put them on the main farm. Need more land there. In order to develop all the new products and buy new animals that are coming out, I need more space. As one player stated in an earlier post... More land, more land, more land

14. AniE

AniE Board Analyst

Thanks for the Happy Holidays bonus code!

baw815 likes this.
  15. crzyjoyce

crzyjoyce Forum Expert

Removing nightmare egg from Renzo... someone please tell me why and also is it going to be available for a reasonable price elsewhere?
    I am sure I'm not the only one with these questions. I rarely say a word about what is available in Renzo's but this one hasn't been there that long and the time it takes to build up enough to get that or the dragon egg is excessive already, to take the highest priced prize out within 6 months .. doesn't make sense unless it will be offered elsewhere reasonable.

Harrythecat and wolfeyesone like this.
  16. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

One thing it did do, Crzyjoyce, it motivated me to get enough tokens! I had decided after the last Renzo visit that I would bypass getting Bakery on my baby farm and keep going for the highest prize, figuring that Bakery could wait. I rarely use the products and I wanted to do the same with it as I did with Confectionery and have bags of sugar in stock before I opened it anyway. I digress. So, I was about 200 tokens away when the announcement was made - I was averaging 15-20 for each go at Mach-O-Meter. I invested 5 BBs - :cry: - and managed to get within spitting distance of the prize, got a couple more and now am the proud owner of a Night-Mare Egg, speeded up with a recently won Egg Cosy! :D

Now, Illy was jealous of that young whippersnapper having one of those pretty eggs but was a good 500 tokens away. Did some maths - o_O - and decided I could do it. Bought 30 tickets for 25 BBs - double :cry: - and could see my target in sight. A couple more and that little darling is now mine, all mine! :inlove:

Now, I don't know if this is feedback but I know that Renzo's hasn't been that exciting for me in a long, long time so, for me at least, the announcement, though annoying for many, gave me the incentive to go for it! xD

Sweet_Cassiopeia and -Mir85- like this.
  17. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I am so sorry to see the chance for the nightmare egg/winged unicorn pet to be removed. I had finally gotten enough tokens for the dragon pet last time and have to start all over to try for the nightmare. It does not make sense that it is being removed when the dragon has been there for a very long time. Congrats illy on your new pets:) I could purchase the tickets but all that clicking! Just can't do it.

18. illy1996

Isn't there some way that you can buy the tickets and exchange them or do you still have to do all the clicking. I vaguely remember somewhere ... exchange tickets for tokens? :p

Edit: Just checked the Renzo FAQs and can't see anything about this ... must have dreamed it!:music:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  19. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Yes, illy, you are right. I have 66 tickets and 2 tokens. Need 1750 tokens to redeem for the pet. It would take several hundred BB in order to buy the tickets because the ticket/token exchange ratio is terrible. The largest package is 300 tickets will exchange for 390 tokens. If I were to play 300 tickets, I could easily obtain the tokens needed for the pet but to buy them, I would need at least 4 packages (100 BB each) plus play the tickets I have. It would cost me more than 400 BB to get it and I can't spend that much on it. Too bad son no longer is willing to play for me. That was my best Renzo strategy!:D

wolfeyesone and Noelle20001 like this.
  20. illy1996

Wish I could help you Pups, but I would not be a safe bet anyway. My score was mainly 15 and 20 but could be 9, 5 or even 3! :wuerg: