Feedback Farmerama - Game and Features

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by teddy.bear, Aug 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

No, just used the wrong wording. EP givers, not stickers....

I did not get any of those items, just the cloud row. I skipped those other items because I was not sure I would have time to complete it all. Had I known that the cloud row was worthless without the prior items in advance, I would not have bothered... I would have either gotten the EP givers or just skipped most of the event. Now I have those empty rows just sitting there with no way to fill them and no way to even get rid of the rows.

My frustration is that this is far from the first time there has been such a misunderstanding.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    A7XKo7nchick and steph2014 like this.
  2. steph2014

steph2014 Forum Pro

I understand what you mean now, thank you for the clarification. :) I'm sorry you have empty cloud rows...I have some of those, too. I agree it is frustrating! When I first joined the game, I too did certain levels of quests in order to get the cloud row. I had not opened the magical stalk, and just like you I did not realize that other items had to be placed in the cloud rows. So I have several empty cloud rows now, and I wish that BigPoint would have some of the same events come around again a few times, so that people would get a second or third chance to get the items needed for the cloud rows. I think there's a Suggestion Box on this forum, maybe we should suggest that they do some sort of Returning For a Limited Time thing? It would be nice to get a chance to fill those useless rows!

A7XKo7nchick, msmeow and Arielh like this.
  3. woody

Well, my suggestions, which I have voiced before is just that they clarify better. Sure, a chance to fill those empty rows would be nice, but better is to make sure other people are not so duped.

(actually, I would like to just get rid of them)

4. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Thanks for speeding up the farm wheel :D

A7XKo7nchick and TCRooster like this.
  5. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

I think they sped up the Party Wheel too much >:(
    It spins at Lightening Speed and then doesn't linger long enough for you to gloat or groan.
    Sure the smart remark comment would be to check the log.
    Could you shorten the reins just a little bit for some of us older people?

6. woody

won a few party wheel coupons and went to use them... my "big" win? 4 turbo mulch! turbo mulch is pretty worthless to me to begin, but to only get 4, for a PARTY wheel ticket? I wait to see more than a few things I want to win, but this is not the first time I have essentially lost my ticket.

I do like that you sometimes include Baharama EP, but the turbo mulch (and yeah..artisian products, at least when you don't have the craft open) have to go!!!

Oh, and I really do not like the speeded up farm wheel at all.

7. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

>:(Again I reiterate... :mad: Since I tried to enter a General Issues thread and got told to make my comments here.

The Farmwheel/Party Wheel speed is jacked up way to high since the new Sync.
    Please slow it down... it makes several clicks and perhaps 2-3 quick rotations and your prize appears for 2-3 seconds and it's over.
    It is no longer a spin of luck, but no better than the Login Bonus box with Fuzzles. >:(:mad:

8. jennifersiegel

jennifersiegel Padavan

Same for me: I very rarely spin the wheel out of excitement. Coming up with a pay for it farm wheel is one thing, but taking out the best prizes altogether is another. What did or would excite me? 100% extra crops for 24 hours (totally my favorite, might even pay for that one... hmmm, especially during Moonlight Mania), BB's, recipes for crafting products!!, decorations that give Bahama EP, Magic Trees, Crafting Trees, Trading Licenses for Gift and Trade, extra tickets for Renzo during the event...
    I guess what I want to get at is that if BP is asking me to part of my hard earned BB's to play the lottery; offer me something that is worth it. I like the lottery of Secret Seedlings/Stablemasters enough to keep playing the events for now, but the party spins are starting to pile up by now.

And I am waiting for the train (especially the Trans-Seedlantic-Express) to be able to get rid of the clutter in my inventory. I finally have a couple of more valuable things to swap. Unless events like the trains or G&T come along more frequently, I would prefer events where I know what I will get and work for.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    farmerumf and CaliChrome like this.
  9. Michael1877

Michael1877 Exceptional Talent

The Farm Wheel.......It started out as a nice feature to add or complete the daily gift....now it is turning more and more into a nuisance.
    For a while it got me hooked, especially when the flowers were introduced, I even spend money on the Party Spin package. After 200 spins and no flower the thrill is gone.....my super grow, manure and power feed I can produce or earn from cheaper sources....One of the most annoying features is the refresh cycle, it lasts 8 hours before a new set of prices loads (unless you pay 4BB), so in my understanding there should be three sets a day: But even this simple thinking is too much, you have to actually acknowledge the new set of prices by changing to the Party Wheel to get the timer started. And again, if you grow tired off this there is still the option to pay 4BB to proceed to the next one......most likely using BB that you can't earn from your cinema because that is not available in your country either....The good thing is that the new "chopped" spinning style doesn't make it any more tempting to use any other than just the free spins.

10. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

Just reiterate the Farm Wheel thing. I seem to be getting always really stupid stables and production pens...Believe me at level 95, I neither need nor want another catalpa tree, Ostrich Egg Farm or Beehive.

Second, we need more space. The game keeps adding make-work production pens and animal stables--(most of which have very little to do with farming--Sails and Picnic Blankets made by Squirrels and Moles, for heavens sake) and we still have the same limited fields and plots. I think before another breeding animal, production pen, secret seedling or wonder stable is added, we should get another field...

Finally, we should be able to gift Renzo tickets. I know that originally that was going to be a feature of Renzo and then they decided implement it "later" and now nobody remembers or they have decided not to bother, but I would like the opportunity to gift my neighbors something different when Renzo is in town and I don't think it's a terrible thing to request nor a particularly difficult one to implement.

11. sarann

sarann Padavan

Personally I like the farm wheel. It usually provides enough super grow that I never have to buy any. Occasionally I get something that doesn't excite me but most of the time it is something useful that I can use. I rarely use the Party Spins unless I see a flower at the jackpot spot, but, I'm still waiting and know that someday I will. I accept the other prizes I do receive.

However, I do NOT like the new speed to the spin. I don't know what was wrong with the speed it used to be. I don't recall seeing people complaining about it. This is one of those cases of....If it is not broke leave it alone so you don't break it. To me, it is now broke. Please bring back the old speed. I liked watching it go round and round so I had TIME to "pretty please" a couple of times before it chose my winnings. Now the fun is gone because of the way it functions, not because of the prizes it delivers.

Please consider changing it back.

12. jennifersiegel

jennifersiegel Padavan

And I heard that BP introduced fireworks when winning the top price on the party wheel. Just more gimmicks and I usually don't even consider the top price being the best thing for me. Just another feature that I will turn off in the game settings. I would imagine these little features are making the game more complex and they certainly don't add any better game play for me.

farmerumf likes this.
  13. joross60

joross60 Someday Author

The pig really needs to gun that tractor when he pulls the rope on the farm wheel.
    The wheel is spinning way too slow and the entire spin is over way too fast.

The old wheel spun in a blur for at least a second before slowing down.
    That gave you time to see where all the prizes were and if I timed it rite,
    I had better than a 50% chance of getting what I wanted.

The new wheel only makes 1.5 to 2.5 revolutions, and the entire spin is over in less than a second.

At my level of the game(78 , a level 3 or 4 breeding animal is way more valuable than 10,000 cc or 20,000 ep

Joel

14. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Chicken egg farms, in fact all non-upgraded production pens need to be removed from the party wheel - they are not a justifiable 8BB win; the PF is a nice prize as are some of the upgraded stables. I would like to see the choice of upgraded winable stables mixed up a bit - not just linked to your level if you are a higher player.

abubadi66, JJenks, heidels and 2 others like this.
  15. woody

TOTALLY agree, and add my vote to putting the speed back where it was. My biggest grip is the "fertilizer" and basically all of the trees. (have yet to see a good one on the wheel). Products are OK, but a basic boutonniere-- why bother? I can buy one for 1000CC. How on earth can you justify making people pay 8BB for that?

Also... how about separate threads for Farm wheel/crops, workshops, etc.?

Anyway, the real reason I posted was to say that I think a lot of these changes go back to the poll you ran. The problem? The poll had little or nothing to do with Farmerama. Excitement? REALLY? If you were to truly poll people here, I think you would find most of us enjoy the ability to complete various quests, to "plod through" Occasional events are a nice "break" or "change", but when you run them all the time, they wear thin. Worse, they skew the game so that if you don't complete these repeated huge events, you are left behind.

To some extent, complaints here are probably skewing things as well (sorry folks, but its true). When the same people who are asking for "more, more..." of the bigger prizes are ALSO complaining about the low price of milk, etc.. the two are related. Prizes DO need to be limited, or they lose value. Unfortunately, that means many people won't get those special items. That said, a look at the market shows that some things do need to be changed, added, etc. For example, while I would not want to see the same even repeated quickly, after a year or two... maybe so? If the price of milk is so far below the cost of production that pens are valueless, then maybe too many milk trees are "out there", but other items are pricey. Then... we have plenty of new, special items (like strawberry tree fruit) that just have no real value except the "lol -- I have it all" collector value.

I like the new features, but have to agree with the comments above that spending a little more time on the "basics" would probably go further and take you a lot less time. THEN go ahead with all the other features!

(and prime among those would be another REGULAR field, even if one that only opens up at, say level 90 or 100?)

16. sweetcorn-farms

sweetcorn-farms Forum Apprentice

I'd be more than happy to take a scent tree off your hands :p

TCRooster likes this.
  17. acmetoy

acmetoy Forum Apprentice

I'm glad there are so many players bringing up the issues with the Party Wheel. I'd love to buy a batch of discounted tickets but not with all that Fertilizer and useless Egg Farms on the wheel. I have "18" Chicken Egg Farms now and I never use the Mulch although I might feel better if I were winning a few more than the exact purchase price as it's set up now.
    (Even though I seem to get more than my share of "1 Mulch," I don't think that any of us have a right to complain about any gift on the free wheel as we also get some great items now and then.)

I really want this to be a fun place to spend time and I want BP to make money so that the game can continue but don't get greedy, don't push for BB at our expense. A win should be a win to our benefit while BP is making money at the same time.

SUGGESTION RE THE EGG FARMS (and dairies,) They could be a bit more usable if the number of animals to feed were reduced to "one." As it is, $500.00 worth of chickens and 24 hours to get a $65.00 egg or $1000.00 in cows for a $125.00 milk is just crazy.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  18. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

I got an egg farm - forgot to check what was on that spin! The answer may be to give the Egg Trees, Honey Trees, etc instead of the farms.

TCRooster likes this.
  19. g4rr3tl

g4rr3tl Forum Greenhorn

Party Wheel
    It's now easier to win giver flowers??????
    There was a mistake on that post, I think you meant to say "It's now 100 times easier to win Suzy's Turbo Mulch!"

20. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

Thank you for finally changing the color of the lettering (or numbering :music:) on the Farming Contest quest. I REALLY like being able to read what my progress is -- solid black is so much better than the outlined white on white that you had before. :cry:

Thank you! :D 8)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone in the U.S.A.!

woody likes this.