Feedback Farmerama - Game and Features

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by teddy.bear, Aug 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Maybe I will change my mind later, but right now.. I LIKE the pheromones! I don't like waiting for breeding animals, particularly when there is a breeding event. I cannot keep logging on, this way, I can put up my pens, come back in 45 minutes or so and then see what I have. I usually do at least one round to run either when I am sleeping or when I am at work (depends on the timing of the event), but too often the short breeding event timing is such that when I try, I wind up with a bunch of regular breeds, not the enhanced ones, because the event just ended.

The trouble is so many of those were given out, are still being given out (honey trees are part of special packs.. or were for a long stretch) that the price has dropped way below the cost of production.

and that is the problem with most of these things... if few are given out, folks are unhappy because they did not score. If they are given out too much, people are temporarily happy, but quickly that turns to disappointment when the price drops significantly.

Finding a "happy medium" is pretty difficult. Just try running the stats.. or even just thinking about it yourself.

I do think they could do better on the party ticket wheel, because the cost of the ticket represents a real baseline of cost. Still, it helps if we all recognize that it is not that easy to do. (or if you think it is.. like I said, run the stats and present them yourself)

Last edited by moderator: Nov 28, 2014
    CaliChrome and BlackCaviar like this.
  2. Mar_Bear

Mar_Bear Regular

:mad::mad: that's better. I managed to miss moonlight mania (all but 2 hours of it) yesterday. I saw last Thursday night (i am 12 hours behind CET time.) which was thanksgiving that MM was going to be Monday and that would be 4 days away. well with having out of town family and doing thanksgiving 2x and the fact that the full moon isnt untill the 6th i had put it out of my mind. Monday came and there was the problem with the advent calendar which i almost missed getting the stocking but i was able to get both 1 and 2 yesterday (monday) even though i was still on the 1st. Yes i know all of that is all my problem and i take responsibility for that. BUT :mad::mad:the news page that i rely on to let me know what is going on did NOT have MM on the first page. Matter of fact it was 7 items down, 7. the first 3 items that were showing was the permanent wolf quest , premium pack and the top 1000. All of which have been there for days. I have already checked out the wolf quest and the top 1000(congrats to all) so these were no longer of interest to me nor was the premium packs. any other time the current event is on the first page. Like today with the Santa event. yes i could have checked the timer again but it was already running with other events including the advent calendar when i did check it so i didnt think to check it again since i thought i knew what events were going on. the advent event started way before MM started. Yes i could have tried to check the forum too but i really really hate to come here. it is to hard and confusing to find out what is going on. I have steamed about this before. the calendar only shows what is going on after the event starts so i never look at the calendar as again the day does not correspond to my day since i am 12 hours behind. I relied heavily on the countdown timers we use to have but i cant figure the new ones out and they are only for the start of the event so i rely on the in game timer an convert it. you have to look in several different spots then different pages to find all the info for the coming events. sorry but the new forum design really sucks and is time consuming.
    So please please put the current event(s) on the FIRST page of the news letter ALWAYS!! Including the mini events.
    thank you and happy farming!!

shodack78 likes this.
  3. jennifersiegel

jennifersiegel Padavan

I agree. I think it would be great to have a more direct communication between the players and BP directly. Why not announce the events already in the newspaper instead of just the forum. With a little cute countdown clock :inlove:
    I would love to get more news :p

Last edited by moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    gales likes this.
  4. msmeow

msmeow Junior Expert

Hello dear Teddy,
    In your reply to another player you said....
    "I am sorry to hear that you are not happy about the new Forum, but it wasn't a change just for the sake of change, there were plenty of reasons for which this decision was taken, globally, for all the Bigpoint Games. Here is the explanation and the announcement of the new Forum. "

Why do I have to be the one who gets these;) I clicked on the link today and unfortunately got this message :
    http://www.bigpoint.com/?status=error... I do have a clear cache etc.
    But thought someone should know this.

5. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

I love Fuzzle gifts and am generally happy with free spins, EXCEPT for the harvesters that are activated right then, no choice. I LOVE harvester coupons, but to often I wind up using tickets or clicking on fuzzle when I don't really have time to do much else. The harvester time winds up being wasted. Sad, because if it were a coupon, I would truly love it!

6. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Great Master

I'm laughing as I read your post...I vote for catalpa to be 'not tree of the year' I've got 30 of the things and I just got another in the seedlings. I'm wondering if they forgot my level (80) when I purchased over the last day...I got one tree I didn't have already..a Tamarind for Baha. So my haul after 42 seedlings? Elderberry, Elderberry, and Elderberry. I'll bite it and buy another 8 which I am loathe to do but I want that Blackthorn and it's not showing up. The next barter and give; guess what my neighbors are getting?

7. azeem0786

azeem0786 Forum Greenhorn

Hi, I think that there should be another garden like "Green Medow" & "Magical Glade". I am asking you this because I still have too many items in my inventory and I cannot use them, but I want too. This is also a problem for me as I can't make CC's.

Thank you.

shellhappybj and bygo_cris like this.
  8. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Not at all happy about the stable rune change -.-

I have been upgrading my workshops to fit my schedule. And I was beginning to be quite happy with what I have got. But now they don't fit any more

:cry::mad::(

heidels, TCRooster, chookie and 2 others like this.
  9. farmingfreebird

farmingfreebird Exceptional Talent

CINEMA. MOVIES.

You (BP) say that you can't do anything about broken movies in the cinema. I still hold you responsible. for weeks and weeks on end I now have broken video's in the cinema, which makes it impossible to earn BB"s, and therefore I again missed the secret stables, as I couldn't earn anything that I could spend.

The cinema is a feature of your game, so make sure it works, yes?! Now it's just an annoyance. A big annoyance.
    For WEEKS on end, ... one turns on the movie in the cinema... one gets a spinning wheel, and then nothing. black. No movie, no pay. So either remove the cinema and the earning feature, or FIX it, so broken movies don't stay there for weeks.

It IS your game, is it not, Bp? So have it work then, instead of always coming with excuses that it's a third party blah blah blah.

I, as a player don't want to hear your excuses, I want a working cinema, or no cinema at all please. thank you.

10. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Then don't use the cinema. Simple. If you're just going to complain then don't give yourself anything to complain about.

The videos are not theirs, they belong to other companies. It is the other companies' responsibility to ensure that their videos work, not BPs. Issues that *could* be preventing them from fixing the movies include a) the fact that they do not have access to the required information to make the fixes necessary as this information belongs to the third party or b) the fact that legally they are not allowed to tamper with clips that they do not own. Alternatively, perhaps it's an issue on your end. My cinema works just fine.

It is not in BP's best interests for our cinemas to be faulty, so I'm not exactly sure why you feel they haven't done what it is in their power to do to sort it out. Sometimes nothing can be done. If you're going to whinge about the fact that they aren't magicians, then don't play the cinema.

-edit-

Shop: Please consider making tabs for each section of the shop (seeds, trees, farm supplies, animal pens) rather than arrows. The arrows are rather temperamental and I often find I have to click just in the right place in order to scroll through the different sections of the shop. It would be much more user-friendly if there were larger tabs that made scrolling through these sections easier.

Forum: Please reconsider some of the forum rules. I personally feel that in some cases they are very restrictive in terms of a player's ability to have fun and enjoy a communal environment, yet often fail to filter out unpleasant, derogatory comments. Unless these rules are being applied in a biased fashion. One such rule is the allowance of games - why on earth can't we play them? Also, please bring back the steam room. There is a lot of pent up anger - and a lot of explaining to be given to the "less educated" yet angry players...a steam room is very much a necessity

News page: The news page has a section where one can view one's daily gifts (received). Perhaps you could make this a separate button next to/near the button to the forum, rather than having players scroll to the bottom of the news feed.

Cinema: No complaints! You work very hard and should be congratulated. Please do not be disheartened by other players. There are still those of us who have respect for you! I apologise on the behalf of those who complain non-stop - they have clearly not spent a day in your shoes!

Golden bananas: Please either lower the amount of GBs things cost or increase the number of GBs a player earns with each level. The current amount is unsustainable and players are faced with a constant circle. They need more items to grow/harvest (more EP) to level up but can't pay for them as they don't have the GBs, which they can't get unless they level up, which they can't do without the new items etc etc.

11. Neon-Lights

Neon-Lights Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

The forum is provided by BigPoint to dicuss the game, the majority of games from the previous forum had no purpose whatsoever other than to clog the forum up.
    If you wish to play pointless forum games, the Farmerama Forum isn't the place to do so.

gales likes this.
  12. squigglegiggle

I wouldn't call them pointless. On the contrary, they allow players to connect with each other in an interactive way, to share ideas and enjoyment from around the globe. They provide a place of mutual engagement and excitement that is outside of the Farmerama game. If these were being played in the General Issues section of the forum I would certainly agree that they would clog up the forum. However, the Gabfest section is specifically for interaction not related to Farmerama. This forum is certainly to discuss the game, I agree, but when you provide a section that is not about the game I question how exactly we are supposed to use it if threads not related to the game are deleted. I also question what is "pointless" about the interaction between players over a fun word play - a place where players can converse over more than the latest Confectionery scandal or login debacle.

This may be the Farmerama forum but it involves players from all over the world, with all sorts of different experiences and traditions. The Gabfest section of the forum - again, I reiterate, provided for non Farmerama related interaction - is a place where we share a bit about our part of the world, educating our friends and fellow players not only about the world they live in but also about the people they play alongside - the cultures, customs and traditions that make them who they are and that shaped them into the person they are in life, and also ingame - which is a very important and interesting understanding to have about each other. We are allowed to share our foods, our holidays, our traditions, our rituals. We even have a thread for our weather. These are all considered valuable - and I agree, they are. I just question why the line was drawn at games. Why we can't be allowed to bond over native pastimes, experience games we've never played before. Why these games are considered "pointless" but the weather on the other side of the world is worth hearing about.

However, I do understand that as a mod you are required to pass on certain information so please do not consider the above as an attack on your response - it is not. Whilst I do not agree with the information you had to pass on, I thank you for your clarification :D

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    abubadi66 likes this.
  13. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello everyone, :(

Please keep in mind that this is the feedback thread for the farm features, so keep the comments on topic, without these unnecessary comments. :( At times, we have to agree to disagree. Some of you love the Cinema, some of you hate it - but at the end of the day, it still brings in some benefits to a number of players at least. Remember there are players who never ever get a BB from it, and others who get them daily. We're in no competition, there is no war or contest ... you should all keep your bubbly self and rather be happy for your fellow farmer's achievements. The Cinema generates some complaints now. Removing it completely will lead to way more complaints. However, whether we like it or not, this feature seems to continue to be introduced in other Bigpoint Games, with all its negative aspects - and trust me, everybody is aware of the problems. But as mentioned earlier - it still makes some players happy.

That being said, please feel free to post your feedback, on topic, instead of commenting on other player's posts. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Thank you very much for your understanding.

As for the Forum sections / rules, I have addressed this matter as a reply to your other post, squigglegiggle, and I am afraid there's nothing else we can do.

~ not a lovely Sunday ... sighs ... ~

Best regards,
    teddy.bear

CaliChrome, abubadi66 and steph2014 like this.
  14. farmingfreebird

farmingfreebird Exceptional Talent

Thank you TeddyBear!
    -edit- I did not feel like I was whining, I felt like expressing an opinion about a game feature, so I hope i was on topic enough.

I love the game, I just think this feature should work for everyone, or not at all, without me having to ignore it ,or indeed, getting tried and convicted for what I think or say.

Thank you for this feedback thread and the possibility to express feedback on the game.
    *gives Teddy Hot chocolate with Choco Chip cookies for a better sunday*

heidels, abubadi66 and steph2014 like this.
  15. StingyMoo

StingyMoo Forum Apprentice

The sowing part of the seeder could do with a brain-upgrade. It sows irregularly, instead of logically.
    I've put this in suggestions, but wasn't sure if it's better to put in feedback too.

16. msmeow

msmeow Junior Expert

I would like to give thanks to the behind scenes stuff, which I noticed this afternoon when I logged in after work...The whole farm from every perspective looks crisper and much clearer, to my eyes anyway. A small but lovely improvement to graphics clarity8), even when I wear my sunglasses at night;)

farmingfreebird likes this.
  17. Arrouquelas

Arrouquelas Forum Inhabitant

It's appaling! Outrageous! A low trick!:mad:

On a more serious note, this was really a low trick that BP played on us.
    This may have been a bug in the beginning. May I add that the beginning was in 2011 !!! Four years have passed and I can't believe in any way this was never caught by the devs until four years later. It has long passed the definition of bug. The real bugfix would be changing the name of the rune in order to explain better its effect, not the other way around.
    This is plain bureaucracy and frankly very greedy. (Explaining why it's greedy would be stressing out even more beyond my indignation).

Nothing fits the schedule anymore with the workshop pens... It takes longer than a 24 hour day with water. Basically it's downgrading every workshop by its own. And no player benefits from this. (Hence, greediness...)

No, the 5% cloud row didn't make up for this. We want 10%. As it was!!! And now!>:(

(Would something like this helps our crusade, Mir?;))

18. neily33

neily33 Someday Author

Can you Put the Creatures in specific categories? A fish is not an animal, it's a mammal. A bee is not an animal, it's an insect. Same with animal feeds. I think this needs another tab to separate the Kinds of Creatures.

19. squigglegiggle

To me that seems like a change for the sake of change. Why is it necessary?

bygo_cris likes this.
  20. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

The PF package that can only be bought with real money gives 10 PF gifts to your neighbors. Very nice. It is not included in the daily maximum of gifts we can receive, currently 20 per day. I would like to propose that all gifts other than the free ones we can send are not included in our daily gifts. Crafting supply sales and PF sales that give 2 to neighbors are included in daily gifts. Place those in a pop up message just like the PF package so we still know who sent us something but it would free up our daily gifts.

On the same note....I would like to see our gifts increased above what we have now. I would like to gift my neighbors more often as it takes time to move through the neighbor list and to be able to send gifts to buddies who are not neighbors. It would also be a great benefit for event drops. Please consider increasing the number of gifts we can send.