Feedback Farmerama - Game and Features

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by teddy.bear, Aug 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

I agree howk01....I stopped playing for a few months out of frustration with all the excellent points you have mentioned. Being a mentor is not rewarding at all when the chickadees leave for no reason other than overwhelm of event requirements being ridiculous...and lack of knowledge (not everyone knows there is a forum as it is not listed on the "news board". Should be the first thing a new player sees!

2. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

It's Sad because it used to be a great game...Not any more it isn't ...it's a wonder anyone wants to play it now... one day I see a mass walk out unless they pull their socks up...why do we have stables ...we never have time to put these out on the fields

TERRIE, SahraB, geckofeet666 and 6 others like this.
  3. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

I don't know how many recall, but Bigpoint, and farmerama had a change in ownership several years ago. They said nothing would change, but of course that would be virtually impossible. They said they sold it to a larger gaming organization. The creators and those invested to the growth of the game initially probably had a much different mindset than those who bought the game as an investment.

4. DBAYES

DBAYES Count Count

I have missed all of the same day sales!! For example: Super grow, BB's, Stable day, Party tickets etc... Players in the USA that work, miss out! Please run these sales at least 24 hours, Thanks

rivak, SahraB, Moraine and 4 others like this.
  5. clonahmon

clonahmon Forum Veteran

Diifferent item:
    I just saw, that on 28/02/2019 a level up pack sale starts.
    Included is a %bonus for EP on mainland and MM field for 168 hours, only the %of EP buff are different in the packs. Buff boni are starting as soon as the packs have been bought.

I HAVE to laugh about that!! MM starts as per preview on 13/03/2019!!!
    Divide 168 hours by 24 hours per day, these boni run for 7 days. So they are OUT a week before MM starts.

BP you are SO funny!!!
    Now you are really trying to put your fingers in players pockets with quite questionable sales!!

And if you want you can block me now, as I DON'T CARE!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    tlcsquared, AuntMoe, SahraB and 6 others like this.
  6. 007Farming

I caught that too clonahmon;) Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention-.-

7. DBAYES

DBAYES Count Count

Saving a ton of money here in the U.S. as BP still running massive amounts of sales and I can't get any of them because they run for only a few hours while I sleep and work!>:(>:( I think their timing is way off too, hope they fix that as well-.- Good eye @clonahmon! :wuerg:
    Wondering how much I will have to complain, guessing until BP gets it!

SahraB, 007Farming, clonahmon and 2 others like this.
  8. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

So the newest Tree of Wisdom update is, quite literally, manure. I would use a stronger word for that substance, but I'm afraid my post would be removed.

Really? You can't think of anything more interesting, useful or innovative for us to spend our stars on??? You know you have a number of disgusted, annoyed, frustrated and angry players in the 200s who have an incredibly high number of stars accumulated and all you can think of to give them is 6990 stars worth of....Manure???? Again, that word isn't strong enough to express my shocked amusement but I don't dare use any of the ones I am really thinking of.

I am both angry and amused almost on a daily at the sad deterioration of a game that was once so beloved.

9. nlm24

nlm24 Forum Pro

When I first started playing this game I had a choice between Farmerama and the other online farming game. I chose this one because the pens, trees, etc. were easy to see (no zooming required--just a click on the field).

That's not the case anymore because my pens and workshops are always in inventory instead of on the fields; my EP fields have become so crowded the EP Givers are just a big blur; and the few pens/workshops that stay on the field are in buildings (menageries, manufactories and even some trees in the arboretums).

This is just one of the reasons I want to use the Event Playfield and don't like tearing up my fields for every event. I just want to place one of each of all my inventory on the fields and also place "marker items" on those that I don't have yet--that way I can readily see what trees, pens or workshops I am missing.

SahraB, Cassie101, swCactus1 and 5 others like this.
  10. DBAYES

DBAYES Count Count

So, we have a growing event that needs 'super grow' therefor we use White innocence (GOLD SLOT) and of course we need CAC (DIAMOND SLOT) then there's Moonlight Mania, we use Terror Bouquet (GOLD SLOT), then there is a breeding event where we use Pink Jelly (GOLD SLOT). If we use any of the newly introduced 200% buffs (GOLD SLOT). So we can't use any others, actually can't even use all of the said ones above! What's the point of purchasing and winning some of the recipes if we can't even use 99% of them?????

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  11. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I assume these pre-game advertisements are due to the fact that BP is not making enough revenue from memberships, basket purchases and other in-game payments.

Are you serious?!

For months, nay, years, we have been telling you that we haven't liked the way things have been progressing. You are turning us against you, and we tell you that we will retaliate by not giving you our money. You refuse to listen. And now you don't have enough money, so you place mandatory, un-skippable advertisements at the start of the game. Even though we told you we would take our money away from you.

You know, if you just listened to us when we tell you we're unhappy, you could still have the money you used to have. This is pathetic.

12. Laurelei

You're right. I've noticed that none of my neighbors are buying power feed, and I'm not buying power feed either. In fact, I'm trying to buy less and less these days as a direct result of the horrible mismanagement of the game and it would appear I am not alone.

13. squigglegiggle

It's ridiculous. I've never taken a business or management class in my life, nor do I have any real-world experience, yet straight away I can identify exactly where they've gone wrong and why it's happened. Not only that, but I've been able to do so for about 6 years now. Since I was in my mid-teens. If a teenager can pick up on their poor business strategies, why can't they?

EDIT: I've just noticed there are ads on the forum, too. The issue isn't the ads themselves. Those don't bother me. The issue is that BP has had to place mandatory ads pre-game and on the forum because they are low on cash as a direct result of ignoring player sentiment, suggestions and complaints. Had BP actually had the decency to take players' thoughts on board and adjust the game accordingly, I'm fairly confident most paying players would have continued to offer up their money, new players would feel more inclined to begin making payments, and fewer players (old and new alike) would have departed the game entirely in favour of more customer-focused alternatives. And now, because BP has no consideration for their customers, less money is being poured into the game by players, so BP has less revenue, and they have to put ads on everything - instead of just listening to us in the first place. So no, the ads themselves are not an issue. It is the fact that we are being subjected to them because the company didn't have the intelligence or respect to listen to what we have been telling them all along.

What's more, my cinema used to work for several years. I could reliably get 3-4 BBs every day from watching movies. Suddenly, those are all gone, and have been since December 2018. Now, I'm well aware that in some countries, the cinema has never worked. The thing is, the cinema has worked very well for me in the past, until the last 4 months. So it's not the case that the cinema is inaccessible in my country. What's the bet that companies who used to put their ads in the cinema have now pulled out because player engagement (in the game as a whole, and therefore in the cinema) is so low that it's no longer worth it?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  14. DBAYES

DBAYES Count Count

@Laurelei, I was one of those NAB's that use to buy the big packs of SG, SSG and PF, so that my Nabs would get goodies. But now I skip a lot of events because my fields are full of SG, SSG and Mulch Jumbo trees and my mill is constantly milling PF. It's actually a pretty self reliant farm now and am happy not to have to spend all those precious BB's. It's something to try if you want to.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    AniE and joanc123 like this.
  15. squigglegiggle

I have never paid a cent to the game. I play 100% free. I also don't spend many BBs. My point wasn't about the accessibility of the game with vs without spending.

16. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I used to believe that all events were possible if you had the time and inclination. I now have as much time as I like and I don't always finish events. While working, most events were available to me to finish or nearly finish (discounting those like MM that landed on my working weekend). No longer the case. :(

About six months ago I decided to buy the monthly harvester - I couldn't harvest all the fields we now have by hand any more (having done it for 10 years when I had no vouchers!) - but I don't buy any baskets or any other things that are offered to us. I am not that rich! It must cost a fortune with all these events. No matter what, nothing will make me change my mind and spend real money for anything else. If I haven't got it and can't get it, too bad. :oops:

I have said in another thread, I now attack all events in the same way, calculating first if it is feasible then deciding if the time/requirements warrant the effort. If I don't finish an event, no worries, there will be another starting tomorrow! 8)

17. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) "Amen!!"

'Nuff said.-.-

18. Laurelei

Oh, and our only scheduled downtime between the events that end today and the events that start tomorrow are interrupted by 8 hours of scheduled maintenance....???

RowSie, DBAYES, phoenixboy12 and 3 others like this.
  19. 007Farming

Just wanted to express my shock and awe in BP charging 60BB's for a stingy CR giver for ending the Mentor Program.:mad: Yet the CR can be purchased with 5000 CC's. 60BB's...really? All level 5 Mentors should have received the CR and the givers at no charge!

Thanks for the black eye BP. -.--.--.-

DBAYES, Mooboy, harry011975 and 7 others like this.
  20. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

It would have been nice to have a warning that I was about to buy the last EP item for the Mentor CR for 60BBs! Why do we have warnings about the most simple things but something as crucial as this ... nothing. Just final piece on CR and BB balance reduced. :(

DBAYES, TERRIE and 007Farming like this.