Feedback Farmerama - Game and Features

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by teddy.bear, Aug 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

I'd like to see a couple more slots for sale in the refinery.

2. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

I like the refinery, the variety of crafting products, the pet field, special things like Howdie donuts. Gift and trade is fun and useful although the something for nothing attitude of the players is a problem. I like that the basic animals get used frequently such as rabbits, goats ect. That keeps the neons and pinks useful and adds a little predicability to what will be needed.

The neon cocoon and the equivalent workshop booster adds a major element to the game and were a great addition. This is because of the strategy of using them.

I like the differentness of the moonlight mania. No more land there please. I like that there are no comfort field and no sales. It's different and that's good. I liked it better when it was less frequent. It was more special.

The quests are a nice variety with a variety of games.

Slow loading when my internet is slower. I loose the shorter bonuses before I can get my fields loaded up. Options with less bandwidth would be helpful in certain situations.

I'd like to see FAR fewer new animals and trees. I realize BP makes a lot of money on them.
    I'd like to see more timed quests, permanent and event quests. These are fun.

A finite time to make a new crafting product for those at level 5 would be nice. For example, a crafting product that doubles stables, or produces 3 extra for events. These could be a challenge to make, sellable, use some rare workshop items, and a finite period of time to make the product (for example 1 month to make the product), and allow it be to sold indefinitely in quests. If it worked well you could create a product each year.

I'd still like to see a bake off using the crafting part of the game. This would be something that requires donation of the final crafting product, and included an obligation to actually create crafts (such as a timed quest that requires actually making 100 valentine pots). These are basically things that will expand the crafting part of the game.

A couple more slots for sale for the refinery would be nice, or more slots available at different levels, such as a reward for reaching level 200.

-Mir85- likes this.
  3. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

That would be awesome, hope you follow through!

007Farming and baw815 like this.
  4. pferdepferdefarm

pferdepferdefarm Active Author

I'm sad to lose the farm orders. As someone who plays only for free, I do them every day. I bet the new feature involves spending real money

5. pferdepferdefarm

pferdepferdefarm Active Author

comments about not liking the windmill. Well as a free player I like that too. Ony way I can get free use of the harvester functions

Bakers-Dozen and Cassie101 like this.
  6. -Mir85-

Not happy with an extra click to get to the FSQs -.-

TCRooster, Cassie101 and joanc123 like this.
  7. Okkkay

Okkkay Active Author

So far my Farm Orders crates had EP, TEP, 4 glasses of pheromone, 2 glasses of deluxe pheromone (does anyone have positive experience with this one?) and 3+10 tools. I'm slightly disappointed.

Laurelei and Cassie101 like this.
  8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

sO...I have read the post about the meta item system a couple times, trying to wrap my brain around it (there might be a reason why I am "dumbunny"). And the one thing I am noticing in my game on both farms is that the prizes on the wheels (both regular and party) are much better than they were even a week ago. In fact, I don't think I've seen a yellow duck feather workshop in days.

So I don't know how the magic (algorithms?) works, but I want to shout out a huge THANK YOU! to the development team for their work on this 'meta item system' if it is indeed what's responsible for this. If it isn't - then thanks go to whomever figured out that 200 or so of those feather workshops was more than enough...

9. AniE

AniE Board Analyst

Came here to complain about this too.
    I don't want to click twice to see my quests. I'm not interested in farm orders. Please change it back!

10. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Any chance of giving us an extra 48 hours per day in order to try to play this game around real life? ;) Arrrghh!
    No time anymore to grow crops, animals. If we try to do all comps then no chance to keep up with anything else - always a "catch up" even for high level player..
    This used to be a game of time management where we could "de-stress", spend a little money, yes, but it has become high stress if we are to keep up without spending huge amounts..
    Please rethink/rebalance. You have many long time players. I think most are prepared to continue but it may be a strain too far it their is no time to replenish stocks. :(
    Feeling exhausted here.

11. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Quite like the rework of the farm orders. As a higher-level player (relatively speaking, I'm certainly not high compared to many), a few EP and CC here and there weren't really worth filling the orders before - but the crates make it more worthwhile (for me, at least, as a non-paying player).

Edit:

Absolutely agree with the above. My time off real-life responsibilities occurs around December/January. The best time to really work on the farm and replenish stock. But also the time with the most enjoyable events. Trying to figure out when I'm going to really build up my supplies is near impossible.

farmerumf and Cassie101 like this.
  12. Stinkerton

Stinkerton Someday Author

It's for this reason that today, when my harvester subscription expires that I will quit my farm. I just can't justify the expense on something that I am not enjoying. When I log in I am swamped by offers, updates, events... too much information to process when you are simply there for a couple of minutes to harvest and plant something new before going to work or whatever. Then the events start and you're dealing with all these crops, different planting times, drops, the sense you are letting your neighbours down by not sending the right gifts...

It's the exact opposite of what this game should be, you know, a gentle - at your own speed - market based farming game. The relentless events, the new animals, stalls, trees, upgrades coming at you is just draining. My youngest girl quit the game six months ago because she felt she couldn't keep up, my oldest girl has lost interest because there is too much of everything cute and not enough space to farm it all.

Anyway, I know we all hate long goodbyes, so farewell and happy trails to the wonderful community of people I met through this game. Best wishes to you all :inlove:

13. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

Good luck Stinkerton :)

baw815 and Stinkerton like this.
  14. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

I generally hate the new farm orders. The requirements are too high--350 crops and every crop order requires 4 different items? 40 tree fruit of four different varieties? and as pointed out above, the rewards are not impressive. I do like having farm orders that ask for tools, though, but the balance is off with the high requirements for every other vendor.

Tying it to the new "seasonal" event without any feedback or testing is just annoying and makes that event much less enjoyable in my opinion, but I notice there's not a feedback thread about that event so I guess you don't care.

Cassie101, baw815 and TCRooster like this.
  15. baw815

baw815 Forum General

I have to say I do like the addition of decent money on the seasonal gift you have done. A new farm could really use the money especially if they don't understand the market, or are a market guru. Well done!!!!

TCRooster and Cassie101 like this.
  16. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

I have been unsuccessful at getting either an ant or an eel stable and it has got to the point where I realise that Big Point is nothing but a collection of dirty stinking thieving scoundrelous rogues whenever there is a game-of-chance aspect to these events. I spent real money on the season pass to get the extra two eel-possible mystery stables only to get some yellow crap that I will never use. I know you people that fractionalize the chances of getting the rare animals must be laughing at us poor saps that hold out hope that you will play fair. But no, you are too dishonest for that. Blatant thievery reigns on Farmerama!

17. squigglegiggle

@davidb1yth007 - to be fair, you did make the purchase knowing the eel and ant stables were not guaranteed. It seems a bit unreasonable to me to get so angry over something you knew was a possibility. They didn't trick you into buying anything, they were upfront about the fact that those mystery stables may well give you "yellow crap", and you chose to take that risk when you made the purchase. If you didn't want to run the risk of getting a useless item, you shouldn't have made the purchase. You took the gamble and it didn't pay off, but that isn't BPs fault. Now, if you have actual proof that they rigged it against the paying player, by all means, share that with the rest of us, but just because you received a less than ideal outcome doesn't mean "thievery" occurred. They gave you exactly what they said they would give you for your money. The chance of getting an ant or eel stable, and the chance that it might simply be a yellow upgrade. If they had promised an ant or eel stable, that would be a problem. That would make your anger justified. Because that would be thievery. But that's not what happened here. You paid money knowing you might get a yellow upgrade, and that's exactly what happened. If you didn't want to pay for a yellow upgrade, you shouldn't have spent the money.

I'm all for calling BP out on their greedy ways - I've done it before and I'll probably do it again. We all know they snuffle for money like a pig snuffling for truffles. But this simply isn't one of those times. They haven't stolen anything, you gave them your money willingly, knowing the risks.

18. -Mir85-

Best thing about the season stuff: The list of prizes was visible from the start, so I could see that it was not worth bothering with.

Now I would like to get back to real prizes in events instead of season disappointment points.

19. squigglegiggle

I quite liked the season, actually. It is nice to get some extra bonuses for giving away your crops, animals etc. That said, the requirements for the orders were often high, and it's irritating when the same crops are asked for over and over, whilst others are never required at all. Please make it an even, or at least close to even, split. I have nothing left of some crops and over 5000 of others.

20. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

Feedback for Stalk row sale. I love stalk rows and those that give crates or goods are my extra favorites over the EP ones. If There is a juicy stalk row for sale, I consider purchasing it.
    I do feel like you are offering too many choices in the stalk rows for sale at this time. I am pretty busy this weekend and don't have the time I would like to analyze all the choices. Can you please make fewer available next time? I am passing this go round due to the time involved to figure out which is what.

baw815 and farmerumf like this.