Feedback Farmerama - Game and Features

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by teddy.bear, Aug 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. neily33

neily33 Someday Author

would make it easier for me since I am not high level I am level 25. High level to me is 60+.:cry:

2. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

The change to the manure pile. Not in favor of this change. There are many other requested changes that you could have made to the game. I consider this one to be one step backwards.

uggi-buggi and JJjohns like this.
  3. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Agreed BlackCaviar.

I think that the change could be useful, although in having said that, I don't think that it was a feature that needed changing. It functioned well and, as far as I could tell, didn't receive many complaints. I certainly don't see what was wrong with the previous system that warranted this change. What I do see is that BP has spent their time working on this "development" which I can only assume by logical consideration means less time was spent on fixing other features of the game or developing new features that have been requested by players.

I have the utmost respect for all those who develop this game so I am both shocked and disappointed by the fact that this development has come out.

uggi-buggi likes this.
  4. heidels

heidels Active Author

Bah, poorly communicated and unnecessary manure pile change on the heels of the so-called "bugfix" of the stable/workshop rune. Honestly, you've lost me. You should look into hiring someone(s) with proper qualifications to manage all of your communications to players and team members. I'm beyond irritated at this point. Truly dissapointing. :(

5. farmingfreebird

farmingfreebird Exceptional Talent

As for the manure pile change. I'm happy with it. I can finally store more.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  6. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Manure pile - not a fan of the change because I didn't have a problem with the last system. To me I feel like a wasted my stars on having a larger manure pile (and yes I know it's for storing that which I produce).

7. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Add my vote to the general complaints about the new manure pile change.

The biologist in me MUST comment that these are, indeed animals. (there are five kingdoms, animals being one) They are also the individual categories, but why do you want this change?

I mean, this game hardly follows biology (I don't believe normal trees produce milk or eggs, for example) and it would add absolutely nothing to the game.

EDIT.. just notice the capitol "K" . :cry::(>:(

Farmerama.. please, PLEASE do not do this!

EDIT: no post since this one, want to say that I love the latest permanent quest additions, particularly that we now have a nice demand for the trees we have been collecting.

EDIT#2: Still no post... just finished another of the comics. I have to agree with other who have given a rather underwelming result. Its something added for folks who have nothing else to do, but the product demands were high and the returns very low.

EDIT.. a months since my last edit, and still no additions?
    Anyway..w anted to just say a big thank you to the tech team. I know we have had some challenging issues and I am impressed by the speed with which they respond. Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  8. uggi-buggi

uggi-buggi Someday Author

I have watched the changes to the manure over the last 9 months with interest and trepidation, yet held my comments to see how the market and gameplay would react. As we've all seen, the changes have caused the market to destabilize, and created some controversy among the players.

As the original system for storing and selling manure worked, it would make sense after these unsuccessful changes and numerous player comments to change the system back to the original system if another change is to be implemented. To have a player build up the capacity to produce, store and sell 300/600 units at a time, and then have this facility removed, affects a players strategy and creates negativity. As the game designers are aware, to earn enough stars to increase storage on the manure pile takes time and effort. A large incentive to have the greater storage capacity is for the ability to buy/sell manure in larger lots. Additionally, one of the greatest benefits of the premium membership is to be able to buy/sell manure in larger units.

In so far as market workings, there is not a cap on the amount of plants/animals/products sold on any other item. To single out one product to limit the quantity sold in a lot is inconsistent, and frankly, inconvenient.

meba091 and kmellish like this.
  9. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I agree with uggi-buggi. If indeed the manure system was changed because players were unhappy that premium players were able to list in lots of 600, you now have players unhappy with the limitation of lots of only 100. The incentive to increase capacity is removed and therefore the 225 stars required to go from 50 to 300 are now wasted. I never used the unlimited storage capacity that was temporarily introduced into the game as market prices were greater than I was willing to pay. However, I did not like that we could store an unlimited amount from the purchase of manure but remained capped at our capacity if producing. As a farmer focused on animal husbandry in between events, I would have preferred to have the same opportunity to increase my manure pile as those who bought it. Lots now of 100 mean continuous market visits and has increased the number of offers dramatically. If we are going back to our original capacities, please allow us to sell in lots up to that same amount. Now that stars have been put back in the game for events, all players now have the same chance to earn those stars to increase their capacity to 300. I am not a premium player but have no hard feelings towards those who have their capacities doubled and they also should be allowed to sell in lots up to their capacity.

10. promaster302

promaster302 Padavan

I really don't see the point of the new Profile Post feature. Prior to this I could already post statements on my profile, and set who could view these statements or reply to them. I also had the ability to message friends in the game back and forth (under the friends function) and in forums like speaker's corner. Now there's a fancy new display, and page of profile posts, almost like a duplicate forum/message system. All well and good (I suppose)........................................................until you consider the time, resources, and coding it took to add this feature.

I don't understand why the powers that be would go to such efforts to create a 'new' feature that is so unnecessary (since we already could do what it does).

meba091 likes this.
  11. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

I was just getting used to the last manure change and now you changed it again, for the worse. Now we have the worst of the old and the worst of the new. There goes any profit. And, as mentioned before it diminishes one of the main benefits of premium membership.

acme, labmommy30 and meba091 like this.
  12. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Please put the manure back to how it was before - it really should be possible to put our full heap up for sale. Having to sell (and buy) in lots of 100 does not make sense. The only thing that needed improvement was the notification that your pile was full. I suspect that every newcomer bought too much manure and lost the difference between the amount their heap would hold and what they bought - I know I did. So let it go back to how it was for all those years before someone decided to meddle with the dynamics of it. Please.

acme, steph2014 and labmommy30 like this.
  13. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Joining the "I hate the market limit on manure" club. I am a premium player but now I can only buy tiny bits of poop - I like buying the full 600 as this covers the majority of my fields in one go.

acme and labmommy30 like this.
  14. playful123

playful123 Forum Pro

i finished this event but that was a lot of powerfeed to use n a lot of pheromones too i think its a bit much .

bygo_cris likes this.
  15. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Thanks for making the trip to Bahamarama shorter :inlove:

16. puppiesnponies

Less clicking to the island is wonderful!

meba091, T_rixy and BlackCaviar like this.
  17. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

As of log in this morning (another problem), my seeds on Baha are displayed in a new order that I dislike. There was no change on mainland. When I look in the barn inventory, they are still displayed in the old order. Why are they now displayed in alphabetical order? I would prefer the old listing (which I see no way of changing).

18. puppiesnponies

BC - I have noticed the same thing. I prefer the 'old' order as that is what I am familiar with. If this is indeed a permanent change rather than a glitch, it will take some time to get used to. I really hope they don't do that on the main farm. I can deal with it on Baha as we only have one page and I can still see all my seeds at a glance but with multiple pages on the main farm, I would not like that at all.

Sweet_Cassiopeia likes this.
  19. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Try refreshing, mine is back to normal :)

bygo_cris and meba091 like this.
  20. Sweet_Cassiopeia

Sweet_Cassiopeia Forum Overlooker

I too saw this. I will try refreshing later but it was so much trouble getting on this morning, I'm not going to do anything unless absolutely necessary. Bad enough that I was asleep when the Event FAQs were finally posted. I had to cancel out PF milling halfway done in order to start milling goose feed. :(