Feedback Farmerama - Game and Features

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by teddy.bear, Aug 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Nordais

Nordais Forum Veteran

I'll add my voice to the ones of BlackCaviar and sanddollar15, I to got an IGM and I just cant make what it says because of all the **** that appeared and I know for a fact that the player who sent it never swears in their messages (I've seen a few "darns" here and there, but that's it)! Now I can't even ask her to resent it because the words will still be censored, worse people now will have to write IGM with underscores.

The irony of all this is that the tree words sanddollar15 says was censored in her messages can be posted with no problem on the forum! That's the world turned upside down!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  2. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Veteran

As a work-around to IGM censorship, would placing a space between letters of censored words work? I don't send many igm as that feature often doesn't work for me. Many times I type a message, click send, and 'oops, it disappeared somewhere' but was never received. A friend suggested highlighting my message, selecting Ctrl + C before sending, then if the message isn't sent, I can start a new one, and click in the message area and hold Ctrl + V and voila, my message appears minus the formatting and I can try again to send. This is time consuming to say the least, but it works.

3. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

Yes, putting spaces between the letters will keep a word from being censored but you have to know in advance what words will be censored. Plus it is time consuming.

Nordais and sanddollar15 like this.
  4. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

This IS bigger than just working around it, someone asked me what desert I might be making for Christmas celebration, on IGM
    I told them I love Chocolate Cream Pie Made with a Graham Cracker crust, looks harmless enough,:oops: nope "THEY CENSORED"
    the words Cream, Pie and Cracker

5. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I am sorry to hear about the censorship. That seems like a major invasion of privacy. I was coming here to say thank you for making the Mysterious Eggs harvestable by the harvester, but that pales in the face of this woke crap. I agree with what was posted above, leave it alone, and if someone finds something offensive, they can report it. All over the place, corporations are offending the many to avoid the anger of the few, and it needs to stop, right now.

Raelyn, tlcsquared, Nordais and 4 others like this.
  6. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I have not received any censored IGMs but I am not happy first and foremost that our messages are being read and censored - this is an abuse of OUR privacy and that in itself is an offence! It is, as said above, borderline privacy invasion.

I also do not like that our messages are being vetted by someone/something who feel they can pick and choose what words are acceptable in their opinion. Not acceptable at all.

Finally, I see that the blurb given to our Mods (no offence to them who have to put up with anything thrown at them by the system and always seem to get the sticky end!) to post is along the lines of what may be acceptable in English may not be acceptable in other languages - what? This is an English Forum, who in this hierarchy thinks we should adapt OUR language in case it might offend. We are all adults and should not write what we would not say to someone in speech. From what I can gather, these censors are between English speakers - what is the first language of the censor/AI? Most of the words I have seen here are not at all offensive and are part of the current event language. What is going on? How far will it go?

7. farmingfreebird

farmingfreebird Exceptional Talent

Most of my messages disappear unless it's VERY short and without any interpunction. It is frustrating. The in-game message system really is broken.
    The only message that consistently works good on my main farm, is Suzy's Plane, and there I'd love a little more text available, like, double what it is now.

And the control+c/control+v doesn't work for mine either. I can copy, but not paste. I so hope they'll upgrade the in-game messaging. I'd love an easier chat with my years long neighbors!

Although I can't say I agree that the censoring is a privacy violation, because they offer this game and it's functions, including the messaging, and we choose to use that under their terms. They are responsible legally for keeping everything nice and tidy, so that means they must monitor actively, or have a censoring system.

It probably just needs a whole bunch of tweaking, and I bet not every mod can just do that. So, that means tech team, and that means it takes time.

BUT if we keep asking, who knows, they may grant us our upgrade of the system.
    I do love this game. There is SO much one can choose to do. I don't think i'll ever truly get bored with it.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  8. strikoroba

strikoroba Active Author

OMG! The April fools event is SO HILARIOUS!!!
    Farmerama - you made my day!!!
    I can't stop reading all of those prompts!
    "Devs: Fixed 99 little bugs, recompiled, now 101 little bug"
    "Devs: This is not a bug it is a feature - No it is not a feature, it's a bug"
    "Devs: I fixed this bug. 1 hour later: Let me check again"
    "Players: "We hate this event". 4 days later " the cloud row is up and running"
    "Mods: the game is down. Now we can take a nap"
    xDxDxD

And on top of all this fun there are prizes too!!!

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!

9. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

Hey, how do you get these prompts? I got one from the news tab when I logged in for the first time after the event started, but nothing I can think of gives me another one.

MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  10. strikoroba

strikoroba Active Author

When I logged in there were little spawn critters that popped up in the random places of the main field, and when clicked on them the characters with a text prompt appeared. Some of them doled out star coins that can be spent in a shop that opens from a little bear critter with a balloon that stands near the season banner on the main field. It is on the other fields too.

11. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

I got the bear with the balloon on the main field, but no spawn characters. There's only the usual reindeer. Do you have to wait a long time for the spawn characters or something?

MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  12. strikoroba

strikoroba Active Author

No, I think they were there from the beginning.

MeadowCrossing, Nordais and Shimmer like this.
  13. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

This year's April's fool was fun. I really enjoyed the tiny messages. The star coins & shop was just icing on the top.

14. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Veteran

Update: I did four rounds so far - initial login this morning, then refreshing page when back to the game. After each refresh, I can claim 20 coins in the event tab. No spawning critters after the 2nd refresh. Have 191 coins so far. One spawning critter gave 16 coins; another 8; several gave 4, 2, 1 coins.

My favorite text message so far is: "We're not doing any event FAQs; let the players figure out how it works." xD

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  15. .Sneezer222.

.Sneezer222. Forum Apprentice

Kudos to the team that made up the messages. They have been so funny!

16. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I loved the one that said we would get no FAQs for events, we would just have to work it out ourselves. Any old-timers like me can remember the days when we didn't get the FAQs until the event started! xD

17. Nordais

Nordais Forum Veteran

My favorite was: "Monday makes me want to ATL-CTRL-DEL"! xD

18. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

This April Fools event was fun. I normally find pranks to be a form of bullying but this was not. Thanks! (Hopefully the bugs will be removed next time.) :D

Brookeham, MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  19. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Indeed, this year's April Fools prank was fun, and that we got prizes was just icing on the cake!

20. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Minus the little glitch at the beginning, it was a fun event! I enjoyed reading the "Messages"! Thank you all for your efforts in all you do to keep "US" amused!