Feedback Farmerama Standalone Client

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by shooger.sweet, Dec 9, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I'm surprised the standalone client isn't available on Mac given how popular Apple products are. Why make something only available for half your players? Unity hasn't worked well for me so I'm hanging onto Flash until it goes and then I'll be using up my harvest helper coupons. Once they're gone, so am I if Unity isn't working properly. It's disappointing that so many people seem to be having success with the standalone client when I can't even get access to it and therefore may have to leave the game after 11 years.

2. BluetoothSK11

BluetoothSK11 Forum Apprentice

It's not on Linux either and it's also quite popular + it's superior to any other OS

3. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

Only doing minimal stuff on my farm now. Gift giving to neighbors is a hassle. Magic tree shows up with the ready to harvest triangle but looks as if it has already been plucked. Loading time is long per page and often results in a game that does not respond correctly. Having the game "pick up" to move a tree when all I want to do is harvest it is a pain. Having to click on a map locating twice to get in is a pain. Cloud rows load extremely slow. I haven't even tried some of the things others are having trouble with because I don't need that frustration to "play" a game.

tre-lo, jäniksenpelätti and baw815 like this.
  4. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

Can't open crates. My crates are stacking up because there doesn't seem to be a way to open them. I click the button and nothing happens. If I leave the window open and walk away and come back, sometimes it works but I can't wait minutes for each crate.

Gift Giving is a pain with the new format.

After the latest update and since a new event is starting today, the game seems to have crashed entirely. Is this going to be how every event and update proceed, with all of us locked out for several hours while devs figure it out? Stellar job, not.

Now that Flash is gone, these kinds of issues are becoming largely annoying very quickly. I'm seeing neighbors drop like flies. Epic Fail.

5. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

If you try to buy anything in the market you will probably experience the same thing. When you click on the item you want to buy it appears to do nothing because the game is "developmentally delayed". I saw some things I wanted to buy to donate to quests but gave up because of the amount of time it took.

6. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Gifting is back the way it used to be! How wonderful!

baw815 likes this.
  7. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

The Standalone client has improved. It feels and looks more like Flash than Unity in any browser I try. I appreciate the F5 refresh option rather than multiple log outs and in. The number of times it has frozen has significantly decreased :) It remain my best option to play.

A few tweaks would help it tremendously:

It often takes multiple clicks to do anything, i.e. opening fields on the farm map, opening gift log, sending gifts, cloud row harvest, etc

Please restore the ability to use the Enter key to confirm actions. There is way too much clicking and it is not only time consuming but also hard on my hands ;) Donating to farm orders is particularly aggravating as each customer has 4 deliveries to make.

Please restore the feature that when you are inventory to use trees, stables, decorations or consumables that it returns to where you left off instead of back at the beginning. More clicking :( The speed at which the tabs advance when clicking to get back to where you were is so fast that it hurts my eyes and also means it is easy to overlook where I want to be and can go too far prompting me to have to click more to backtrack :(

Please consider a customized zoom feature so we can opt for the perfect size for our screens and playing preference. One size is too small and the next zoom % is too large and the bottom of the farm is cut off.

None of these things are deal breakers for me but they are uncomfortable and the repairs would enhance my enjoyment immensely.

8. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I second the request for the Enter key. Everything else I can live with, and be patient about, until bigger issues are fixed, but not having the enter key is a MAJOR deal.

tre-lo, mika-1986 and IpsiDei like this.
  9. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I have been using the client exclusively since the beginning of the new year. It has improved steadily. THANK YOU! to the techs for all they have done to fix things! Especially helpful is the restoration of the F5 key.

If I were to choose my one 'grrrrrr' moment that remains, it is that when you click on an item in the farmer's market and the purchase window pops up, if another farmer has beaten you to the punch and purchased that item, the window says the item has been sold (okay, fine), but then the window will not go away and the "loading flower of death" will not go away and now you know why I'm so very thankful for the F5 key's restored functionality, because a complete reboot is necessary to get back to the business of shopping for the farm.

Oh yeah, a second THANK YOU! is in order to whomever restored the gifting window to the Flash one. So much easier to read and to send gifts, etc. Much appreciated.

10. BonbonQueen

BonbonQueen Padavan

I wish I could refresh the stand alone, without having to close the game (and reopen). The standalone doesn't stay active to clear all fields. I have to go in and out to get it done.

When I am opening crates, the game kicks back to the start of consumables after each crate opening! Click click click click click click so tired of repositioning to a place where it used to stay in the old adobe.

I don't like that there is always a text box floating on top of what I need to see. If my mouse is anywhere on the field there will be a text box. I had it set not to do that and it seems I don't have a choice in the standalone/unity. SO BUSY!!!!

BbQ

11. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

There have been so many improvements, for which I am very grateful! But now, when typing an IGM, the cursor moves about halfway down the page, and it is impossible to see what is being typed. Thankfully, the ability to edit is back, so I can go back and fix any typos, but it's disconcerting. Certainly not high up in the list of "please fix" but it's there.

sanddollar15 likes this.
  12. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

If you hide the event clock bar it leaves a white circle behind.

13. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Pretty disgusted actually that they've just straight up stopped development on a Mac standalone client.

Who exactly were they talking to when they decided most Mac players "could play"? Being able to get into the game isn't the same as being able to play smoothly and effectively. Sure, I can harvest my farms - if I have a harvest helper coupon and an hour of free time a day. And the audacity to blame it on old hardware - funnily enough, my hardware works just fine on every other website, program, system, whatever.

I've been here for 11 years. I'd say it hurts ~edit~, but after a while you just don't feel the punches any more, and BP have been hitting away for years. I'll use up my coupons and then I'm out.

Funny, u completely killed our fun farming, BP.

Edit: genuinely not sure what the edit was for. I can't see a single forum rule I broke. I've been very careful the last 5 years to follow the rules to a t. Guess I won't miss the censorship, either.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  14. Lily1990

Lily1990 Forum Greenhorn

I have a Mac, I can't play either and everything is up to date. I was waiting for the standalone client. I logged in whenever the game let me so I could keep my neighbours but it has been too hard to play or enjoy playing this year. I am going to have to stop playing too. I will keep sending neighbour gifts for awhile so you get a chance to get a new neighbour. Thank you for for the good times. You are a fun community and I will miss playing with everyone.

15. m_adele12

m_adele12 Forum Apprentice

For BbQ: When opening crates, I first go to the inventory for decorations and then consumables. I have my sort (upper right corner) set to A-Z. I then type CRA in the search field and I have isolated all my crates. When I open one I remain with all my crates displayed. I doesn't help all that much for other situations but 1 less aggravation. Also, to refresh, press fn + f5. Its still not quick and won't automatically take you back where you left off but is faster than logging off and back on.

jäniksenpelätti likes this.
  16. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

The stand alone client seems to be, um, "devolving"...it's almost impossible to farm - must reboot (F5 key) every few minutes. You can't tell if buffs have been activated without a reboot, fields are harvested or planted or watered without a reboot.

RebaFC and Redmax73 like this.
  17. jäniksenpelätti

The client is again buggier than it used to be.
    It was fine for a while but now it seems worse again.

The problems I had today:
    I had to reload three times just to get the morning harvest done because of random slowing down and non-responsiveness (is that a word?)
    The harvester says "inactive" after I activated a coupon but still works
    The cloud row says no ready cloud rows but when I reloaded there were dozens.
    The seeder shows wrong icons for the plants, (looks like it's organizing them according to level although I have chosen to organize according to amount, and if you click something it's not the plant whose icon is shown but the one that should be in that spot according to amount)
    The seeder took forever to load and I don't think I clicked anything while waiting but it still planted some random plants I wasn't intending to plant right now. (Doesn't matter, I can use them, but still.)
    Lots of the sunflower icon, everything happens slowly and the owls probably ran out before I could get through most of the harvest.
    I bought something from the season shop and it didn't look like it got bought and didn't show me the "are you sure you want to buy this" window it usually does but when I reloaded the tokens were gone.

Regarding the recent survey, I really don't care whether there are three new events every week and whether they give tools or Suzy as prizes, I hope the game design team puts their everything in fixing the playability.

Tarsis63 and baw815 like this.
  18. jäniksenpelätti

After today's update to the Client there's a new bug that I've never seen before.

The exclamation point triangle that signifies something is ready for harvest got stuck n the middle of nearly all areas, regardless of whether there is anything ready there, including areas that never have anything harvestable anyway, like the maps and the town.

RebaFC likes this.
  19. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I have same problem with browser version, refreshing helps.

baw815 likes this.
  20. jäniksenpelätti

The client tends to freeze whenever I try to access the harvester from the pets area, and when I re-log-in it has only registered part of the pets that I harvested by hand.