Farmer's Society Farm Orders

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by woody, Oct 15, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

Mir,

Yours is exactly the way orders should be assessed: using a parameter that helps you tell if they are worth the expense or not. And the parameter you've chosen is perfect.

I don't make the kind of calculations you wisely care to make, though. In this case (Bahamarama's nFHOs), I decide to fulfill them based, mainly, on my typical production practices there and the overall B-EPs output of each order package. That's why I fulfill those that include any fruit or crop and also those that combine them with only parrots, monkeys or elephants. I never fulfill any order including sloths, anacondas, camels or pandas (anacondas are tricky because they look like a crop.....: never fulfill them in a rush), no matter how much they may yield. [My today Van Ramme's orders yielded 28K B-EPs; I mean, those I decided to fulfill, 4 out of 5; the 5th one asked for anacondas and got automatically dismissed... LOL].

Finally, yesterday, I leveled up again to 228. And I opened Tiger Doods. The first 3 orders it placed were pretty lousy for my taste: I fulfilled 2 out of 3, for a meagre total of 4,5K B-EPs. But what I see from poppy's orders today -poppy has been having Tiger Doods available for a pretty long time now-, tells me they'll go on being pretty lousy. So, all in all, I think I regret having spent those 15 GBs unlocking it. Anyway, it's already done and I'll go on fulfilling the ones I find reasonable for my production practices (for instance, of those in poppy's list, I would have only fulfilled the 3rd one).

BlackCaviar likes this.
  2. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Thanks poppy :) It seems to be the same thing, that it is the fruit making the orders worth completing (for me).

Hi Aluntino :) My criterion is of course only good if one uses the market a lot (I am doing it more and more). If you want to produce a lot of it yourself then of course it makes sense to choose differently. On bahamarama I grow all the crops myself (and sell some), I raise parrots and pandas, usually buy monkeys, elephants and sloths (don't have anacondas or camels). And buy most of the fruit.

I usually don't make the calculations that carefully. From having made calculations before, I know that if the order demand two fruits (or one fruit and one other thing) then it is very good, if it demands only crops and/or animals I don't bother with it at all, in other cases I make a rough calculation and maybe I consider my stock.

3. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

Mir,

Let me disagree. Your criterion is very good, no matter what. If a player uses or not market much doesn't matter at all: if this same player wants to establish a measure for comparison, s/he will have no better (no other, in fact) way than doing that by defining a significant item (like you did with Red Punch) and use market prices as the input. Mkt prices are the only factor in game that summarizes all the players community space/time usage patterns. So, no, your criterion is, in my opinion, perfect, for everyone....

4. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I almost agree completely Aluntino ;) The exception is if a player wants to grow and make everything themselves. Then growing time per plot matters more. I did this the first few months (not this farm).

In the beginning I also thought that I had to fill the farm house orders. So every time I leveled up (very often in the beginning) I started growing the new crop as quickly as possible, so that I could mill the new feed, so that I could raise the new animal, so that I could fill the order before time ran out... xDxD

bygo_cris likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.