Firefly Festival

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Nordais, Jan 31, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

This event requires players to craft combos by lighting lanterns and claim them for prizes. To get the cloud row, only 13 out of 15 combos need to be claimed. Claiming 15 combos will complete the event and reward 720 Season Points and 1 Piccolo Box.

Event crop: Globeberries 6h30 on Bahamarama Plantation only

Event Drops:

Thermos Flask from crops & trees on Bahamarama Plantation only
    Tent from crops & trees on Rainforest only

Milling item:

Backpack 195 Globeberries + 3 Thermos Flasks + 15 seconds of milling time

The lanterns are displayed in this pattern in the event screen:

Lantern 1

3 Thermos Flasks
    Lantern 2

450 Globeberries
    Lantern 3

7 Tents
    Lantern 4

1 Backpack
    Lanter 5

10 Tents
    Lantern 6

3 Thermos Flasks
    Lantern 7

2 Backpacks
    Lantern 8

150 Globeberries
    Lantern 9

300 Globeberries
    Lantern 10

1 Backpack
    Lantern 11

3 Thermos Flasks
    Lantern 12

4 Tents
    Lantern 13

2 Backpacks
    Lantern 14

10 Tents
    Lantern 15

250 Globeberries
    Lantern 16

4 Thermos Flasks

Requirements per Combo:

ComboGlobeberriesThermos FlasksTentsBackpacks
    lanterns 5, 7, 10, 12
    lanterns 1, 3, 6, 8, 11, 13, 16
    lanterns 3, 4, 7, 8
    lanterns 2, 5, 6, 7, 10
    lanterns 5, 6, 7, 11, 13, 15
    lanterns 3, 5, 8, 9, 12, 14
    lanterns 1, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 16
    lanterns 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
    lanterns 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14
    lanterns 2, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14
    lanterns 1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 14, 15, 16
    lanterns 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, 16
    lanterns 1, 3, 8, 9, 14, 16
    lanterns 3, 5, 12, 14
    lanterns 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 15, 16

Total to complete the event:

12615 Globeberries + 223 Thermos Flasks + 227 Tents + milling 36 Backpacks

Good luck everyone!

12ss12, Nala777, hatzeva and 10 others like this.
  2. Flower

Flower Advanced

Thanks for the numbers, Nordais. I'm all in, love this event.

Good event to all those participating!

3. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

This farm and PM23's need those season points. Want the lorus stable at level 38 of the season.

I'll do what I can. I had a down day yesterday - never came back to the farms after I put fresh crops in first thing in the morning. Really don't care anymore.

4. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Nordais for posting event and crunching numbers! I also like this event and will try to do the whole event!
    Good luck everyone and fingers crossed the game demons stay away!;):oops:
    @dumbunny, really sorry to see you are losing interest, I hope you change your mind and decide you want to keep playing!

Nala777, Sue46, Mooboy and 4 others like this.
  5. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Baron

Thanks so much, Northy. I love this event and will see how far I get. I have to pack up my Baha Plantation and Rainforest and send all the critters to the barn! Wish everyone success and hope the game doesn't slow down with this running. Since the puzzle event and calendar went live again this morning, I noticed a difference in my game's performance - it's taking longer to do regular farming and there's an uptick in spinning daisies. Not enough lag that I have to refresh, etc., but slower than last night.
    Update: Just did Season orders and it all went along quite spritely - no complaints.
    Appreciate the hard work of the techs who are working hard!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
    Nala777, Mooboy, sanddollar15 and 3 others like this.
  6. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Nordais for starting this thread. ;)
    I am skipping this one, though I like that it is in Baha. I am just not attracted to the prizes. Still raising critters! :music:
    Good luck everybody! :)

7. teeceebeemee

teeceebeemee Advanced

I thought this event wasn't starting until tomorrow - or did I read it wrong?:wuerg:

8. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Maybe you've mixed things with the compensation package being offered starting tomorrow... There's also the Gift & Trade that will be going on over the weekend (Friday morning to Monday morning)

Nala777, Mooboy, teeceebeemee and 3 others like this.
  9. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I think I just have the winter blues. Although I certainly don't know why - it's been over 60 degrees (Fahrenheit) all week - rather balmy for January in Montana.

I'm trying to get through a long winter chore that I set as a goal for us in December. It all started well enough and now it's kind of fizzled. Partly because my DH has started in on his big 2024 project - he's cleaning out his big shop and then he's going to insulate part of it and build an area where he can work in the cold months without freezing. So no more DH help in the house with my to-do list...and I'm trying, just not getting as far as I want, as fast as I want.

So game goes on the back burner. Happens. I'm off to start the morning's farming. Maybe the farm wheel will be good to all of us today?

10. MeadowCrossing

Anyone have tips for getting more tent drops? I already have 270 thermos flasks, but only 59 tents. My rainforest is mostly trees but I'm thinking of taking them down after next harvest to grow crops. I already donated a Howie to the Tree and bought another one yesterday for the Rainforest, but tents drops are sure not in step with flasks. Would appreciate suggestions for crops to plant during the day and overnight and anything else to help increase the number of tents. I would think Rainforest infers trees, and that being the case, tents would drop abundantly! :)

Do the numbers above represent the total number of tents/flasks/crops needed including materials to mill the backpacks? Or, are backpack ingredients an additional number of items?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    Nala777, dumbunny and Nordais like this.
  11. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Board Analyst

Auts - ouh my - there is a change ! - earlier right column, 3rd row, some couple of tents and (not this time ! You get extra 10 SG not this time ! ) every time...

NOW
    it is 1 backpack, upper right corner and you get 8 SG extra. so SAD !

p.s. "every time", I mean, when that box is NOT needed, that was/is extra!

Nala777, dumbunny and Nordais like this.
  12. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

The list includes all. over 12K of event crops from one baha field is huge! For drops, I don't think there's much you can do but sow long timed crops with as many reducing time bonuses you can get. Also, if you have harvesting bonuses that run with you activating cloud rows, take advantage of that too. I may be dreaming things, but I find that harvesting fields of flowers in the morning when I get 2 cloud rows that give me +1 flower crops going, drops are a bit better (my 1x1 plots give out 6 flowers instead of 4 with CAC an drops get a boost compared to harvesting with only 4 flowers per 1x1 plot).

13. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Trees are not usually the best drop givers. There are several cloud rows, which increase drop rate, also some decos. Vegetables are my favourite with Tiki Timer boost reducing time. If you do not have those tiki timers in your pantry, you can ask if somebody could send you them instead of drops, while those who have them, have usually plenty of them. There is cloud row and deco which gives them. I have only the cloud row.

14. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

@MeadowCrossing, To get the tent drops I took everything off the Rain Forest and put all 1x1's down then I have been planting a full field of Water lilies 7.5hr crop or Corkscrew succulent 8hr crop or zebra plant 6.5 hour crop and right now I have 342 tents I am growing those crops because I need them and also because they fit in with when I can harvest! I feel the more crops you can plant and harvest the more drops you will get...it works for me! :) Good luck my friend!

15. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I think I have all the drops. I will be chasing the crops. I will be out of station to attend a conference tomorrow. Monday too will be busy with court work. So I will be chasing the crops. I have 10 season tokens. With 9 season tokens I will activate +1 crops to accumulate event crops with my next harvest. Farmwheel spins are not giving any +1 or 100% bonus or 200% bonus. So I guess I will have to do with +1 crops for 1 hr from season shop.

16. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I made a mistake with the combinations yesterday so will have to grow more crops to recover from that error. No farmwheel bonus here either so I feel behind. I have only made 3 combinations so far. I have plenty of drops and waiting on crops. This crop's duration is tricky because even with water and manure, I am finding that my farming day is not long enough to get in an extra rotation. I harvest them first thing in the morning and then twice more but that leaves me with a few hours to plant something else as it will be too late for me to get another round in before bed.

Thanks 12ss12 for the idea of the season tokens.

17. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

PnP, you aren't the only one. I'm having a problem lighting the right lanterns for the combo I want to make, too. I think it's because the circles around the pattern's lanterns don't stay lit - you click on them and can see the circles, but when you go to click on a lantern to donate to that lantern, the circles go away. I don't remember this happening in previous versions of this event. Maybe it did and my memory is faulty? Or more faulty than before?

I'm old. And getting older. I think I might be getting "crotchety", too. Uh oh.

18. MeadowCrossing

Thank you all for your very helpful suggestions. I am late to the game today as our Friday evenings and Saturday mornings are spent in family virtual meetings. Our clan is scattered over the globe and I am so thankful for the technology which allows us to see and talk with each other on a regular basis.

Just getting into the game this cloudy and rainy Saturday morning. After my first round of daily tasks followed by harvest and plantings, I checked my tent status and see I have enough to complete the game! Yay - again thank you one and all for all your advice. Could not get as far without you!

Like everyone else, a dearth of crops. DB, I, too am old and getting older :D Hope we all reach our goals and get lucky with + rewards.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and happy farming!

19. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

You're not getting older but wiser DB! ;)

No you're not imaginating things, in previous versions, selecting a pattern to lit stayed and you could do the laterns after. I still haven't started playig the event, just harvesting event crops and getting drops. From what I can see, on my main farm I could probably lit all the laterns who require drops in all the patterns to get more prizes. Will see where this gets me tomorrow...

20. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

The light pattern circles has always been confusing coming and going as well as redeeming the the pattern, the redeem button also comes and goes.
    I finished the event yesterday. I made one false click on my park and I harvested all my Jack O'Gifts, Flower spray arts and Mighty movers. So I had a plenty of event plants and tried to make as many instant animals as possible. I lit all the lights in couple of patterns, when I had so much everything in that stage. I lit also some extra tent and thermos lights in every pattern, because I always had extras in previous years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.