Football Fever 2020

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SahraB, Jul 15, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Baron

952 Star coins from 22 games! CR up and running:music:
    Good luck everyone participating:)

2. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

Just about to construct the 7th ball, hope to buy a third jar of CAC from the event shop! xD
    Congrats @kibsnfebs for getting your Football CR, I only aim to collect a few useful items Season pts and CAC for my farm. ;)

blessedlady2, kibsnfebs and Jazac like this.
  3. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

@Lyddy If you can in game mail me(also known as IGM). I will be happy to send you a CAC. ;)

Haven't done any plays yet. Just working on growing and drops ATM.

4. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Congratulations kibs :inlove: my friend, you beat me again!:music: I now have my CR up and running and will go for other prizes;) I did get kicked out 2 times yesterday and 1 time today while on the soccer field!:cry: Good luck everyone, I still think it is a fun event!

5. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

blessedlady2 and Jazac like this.
  6. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

Yes it is level 4.
    Well I am sure you heard to stock up on the chutney as it will be needed for the CAC.
    Your best bet is to level your stage 3 with just chutney. That way you know you will never run out. When you buy the CAC recipe you can level to 5 easy just making CAC's lol
    Sugar gets hard to save making them.

7. Roxlkee

Roxlkee Junior Expert

Not sure I will go for cloud row. Got newer stables and may go for trees next.

blessedlady2, SahraB and Jazac like this.
  8. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Baron

Thanks my friend for all the good wishes and cheering up during the play:inlove: Its great on your part to hit the goal for the row in spite of getting red card twice:) Big congrats to you too :inlove:

9. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Re CAC - nearly ran SewingLady's farm out of sugar when I first bought the CAC recipe. So If you can, use the beady eye jelly every chance you get to stock up on the sugar so you don't run low. At the very least, use Obatzda every day, especially first harvest of the day if you have in long overnight crops.

Re the event - SL's farm has the cloud row up and running (those wheel bonuses are marvelous things, wish they weren't so very elusive now). This farm is working on amassing the 940 star coins needed for all the givers plus the CR after having already claimed all the season points (got the upgrade for the giver! woot!). The baby farm is just playing to see what it can get besides the season points...

10. blessedlady2

blessedlady2 Old Hand

How can I tell which game I am on? Thanks.

/

sanddollar15, Cassie101 and Jazac like this.
  11. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

I just completed mini-game #10. Lost three kicks at the last defense line, with a row of 4 bears, then 2 pigs and the goalkeeper all sliding about. I was aiming at getting that mystery box on the side, wasn't going to push my luck with the last two balls, collected the Harvester Coupon in the middle instead. I guess my hand and eye coordination just wasn't up to scratch!
    BTY, who knows what that mystery box is? I can't find any info via FAQ on Field Rewards collected by kicks. Has anyone any luck at obtaining that box?

Thanks a bunch to all those who has gifted me CAC, and with the 5xCAC exchanged with star coins, I now have 250 hours of +2 harvest, a great help towards building up the crops needed for that traditional chutney. :)
    I haven't start production in the Confectionery yet, but I will get there eventually.

blessedlady2 and Jazac like this.
  12. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

farmer_broke, dumbunny and Jazac like this.
  13. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Yes, You missed a big ol' discussion which was started by FarmerBroke hinting that Wilsons were more valuable than expected and gave a boost to drop collection on fields upon which they were placed. This was followed by a whole bunch of us running back to our farms and putting out what we thought were worthless givers on our fields and then discovering that FarmerBroke was right... so put yer Wilsons out!

We also have a new tradition: Wilson Wednesday - Which is when we gift Wilsons around to our neighbors.

And I've been gifting Wilsons a lot during this event since we can't gift the event drop. Stocking up on them was difficult since I hadn't any on any of my farms when this whole thing started...but now I've got a pretty good cache of them on the main farms. Message me in game (it's dumbunny - all lower case)...Wilson Wednesday is fast approaching!

trishap58, Jazac, Brookeham and 2 others like this.
  14. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

I definitely do not have any idea what, if any, effect wilson will have on drops.

Drops are of no concern to me when signing into this game anymore.

15. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

As I am short of field spaces everywhere, not sure what to do with Wilsons. But in the recent days I've discovered a new use for them.
    I unlocked a couple of progress CR runes via Wisdom, was looking for low EP givers to place on them, to my surprise Wilsons can go on them, and when remove/demolish it, it won't disappear but returns to the inventory.

16. ctindaldavies

My cloud rows are full of 1EP givers and 10/20CC givers.

Thanks for the offer @dumbunny, but I will pass. I have a few from the early days. I think farmer_broke has been playing a long con joke on you all. There is no coding in the Wilson for it to enhance drops at all. I just did a troll through the German forum as those guys are on to everything. There is 1 thread where they are laughing about it. My GM without any boosters on it has been dropping 18-22 rubber band balls. This last harvest it was 29. I changed nothing, and I CBA (oh there is another abbrev.) moving stuff around. The drops I get on this event seem to be enough for the rate of crop growth I am doing. Maybe when I get my head fully back into it I will amend things, but tbh that's what sent me packing in the first place, the FOCD.

Speaking of the german forum (and I know this is the wrong thread for this) guess what I found? Signatures. Full Size.
    For those of you here in the 2009-2011 range, you will remember there was a debate about our signature sizes. When we had an extremely active event and our moderator numbers were down, moderators from other games and/or language forums would come and assist. However, their signature sizes were what we have now 468 x 60. But ours were larger at 500 x 200. It caused a little confusion, especially with the german forum moderators as theirs was different. Any hoo, the new forums changed that and the smaller signature size came into effect. The 469 x 60 banner was actually a common advertising size in german publications. Well the German forum, including moderators, have the full size signatures that we used to have!!!! Talk about a double standard. I have most peoples original signatures in my files.

I don't mind the smaller ones, but I just think it is very ironic that again, we have different rules.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  17. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

Yes I am short of crops and used super-grow to catch up some. NOT gonna work. I pray I am not to tired tommrow as I will have to finish using super-grow. I need one giver left and then there's some items I want too like some other givers.. Don't see me making them.

@ctindaldavies Yes I tried to do that with my CR's just sometimes ya have to use something to get it up and running. I think now I have enough mix to fix my CR's and my missing items for other CR's lol

Also I don't get why we can't link anymore in our siggy's. Or is it we choose not to do that? I know before the switch we all had links in our siggy for the farms and help areas

Willow and blessedlady2 like this.
  18. ctindaldavies

I don't know, I didn't read up on that to be honest, I just made sure I amended my old signature before I got in here. I guess the stuff we used to link to were the real "how to's". There doesn't seem to be many of those on this forum. Nor are there the volumes of questions that there used to be. Sometimes you would sit there for hours trying to get through them all. I think the main reason we had them is that newer players would pop into the forum and the first thing they saw was many of the chat posts, and try to ask their questions there. By having the links it was easy to direct them to the correct places. Last night I just discovered my new laptop has a collections section (as opposed to bookmarks/favourites. Now that is rather handy so I have been dropping threads I want keep to read later in there. Easier than "watching" them.

To get back on topic. I have the Footy Cloud row and the first two items, just need the one more. Then what ever is left over I will head for some wonder stuff ( I think I saw them there). Thats what I have missed out on the most. All of the quests seem to want stuff from wonder trees and stables. I know we had the G&T events way back when but that was for stuff that really rare. Since when did everything new become rare? A lot has changed, and a lot hasn't.

@dumbunny, I have just been reading through more threads, and I would like to say how sorry I am to hear about the passing of your mother. May you find some comfort in your wonderful memories of her. x

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  19. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Thank you, ctindaldavies.

Jazac, ctindaldavies and blessedlady2 like this.
  20. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Finally got around to playing the game and got the CR up. Hope all complete their goals.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.