For new farmers a little encouragement...

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Clashstrummer, Feb 1, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

Mir! So nice to see you!

You're right there is a chance but it's a slim one. With how difficult it is to get a good result now days in breeding it's not a risk new players should be eager to take. Better to have sold those breeding animals on the super inflated market rather than gamble them.

fun2farm, julie1013, LDCrow and 8 others like this.
  2. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I do agree :) Great thread by the way :inlove:

fun2farm, julie1013, LDCrow and 9 others like this.
  3. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Awesome thread, Clash! :inlove: A great resource for those trying to figure out the game. When I started, we had the chat room, which served much the same purpose (farmers helping farmers) and was great fun, but that's long since gone by the wayside :cry:. It's good for players new and old to have a place to ask and give advice.

Back in the day, when I was just a young farmer and had to walk uphill, both ways, in a snowstorm to get to my farm :pxD, I didn't initially even know about the resources for help available. I stumbled on chat by blind luck, and never even knew there was a forum, so kudos to the new farmers who have made their way here, and had the courage to actually talk and ask questions. I'm not kidding, I remember how intimidated I was to post anything at first, because everyone seemed to know each other, and I felt like I was being rude and butting in on a conversation. :oops: However, my experience has been that the farmers here are mostly a big extended family, and we're always ready to welcome a new relative. :D So don't be shy, ask, ask, ask. I can virtually guarantee we've all asked the same question way before you, and are more than happy to pass on tips we've learned. That's my first piece of advice. My second is, as has been stated several times, have fun with your farm. If you don't, you will become frustrated and probably leave it; I know I almost did. I didn't understand at first that events weren't geared to new farmers, even tho we had access to them, and was constantly upset that I couldn't do much. I learned that I enjoyed the game much more when I stopped trying to do everything right away and just did what I could/what I wanted. Decide what your goals for the game are, and have fun reaching them. Remember you don't have to do things the way everyone else does; it's your farm, do what you want with it. If you want to be a chicken farmer, be a chicken farmer. If you prefer growing all your own fruits and crops, by all means, do so! If marketing interests you the most, there's threads that can teach you how to succeed, tho it's much more difficult now then it used to be. Hopefully the upcoming market changes will fix some of that, but not holding my breath. :wuerg: While it can feel like it's taking forever to reach certain goals (opening the clouds comes immediately to mind), it gives a great deal of satisfaction to finally accomplish it, believe me. Sooner or later you'll complete your first full event, and it's quite an exciting thing. Regarding breeding, PF (power feed) is a precious commodity. It can be milled, of course, but new farms rarely have the resources or time to do so. Personal strategy for breeding as a young farmer, then, would be don't. I'd save all PF I win on farm wheel, or from portions of events I am able to complete, until such a time as my farm is becoming self sufficient and I can switch to making PF in my mill and buying most other feeds. Then if I wish to participate in breeding, I can, because I've got a nice little cache built up. And a note on feed; keep your mill running constantly, don't leave lag time. With the ability to queue feeds, there's no reason not to have something cooking 24/7, and you'll find you run out faster than you think you will, especially when you have production pens out. Oh, and one more thing, a good way to be able to get an idea of what might be required in upcoming events is to monitor the grapevine thread. This will give you an idea of what you need to grow or buy for down the road, so you can decide if you want to/can participate in the event discussed. Sorry for being such a run on, as my husband likes to say, someone must have stuck a quarter in me, I can't seem to shut up today. xD

Wonderful to see you, -Mir-, it's been a long time! :inlove:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Sorghum62, fun2farm, LDCrow and 10 others like this.
  4. lilDomi

lilDomi Junior Expert

I don't have the breeding runes open yet, so I only breed during BBD just to get items to get the cloud rows open. I am not sure how helpful it will be but from what I understand at least I would get some base animals back though, which is helpful till I get a stock of like 1,000 of everything but chickens. Been growing those to make CCs during events. I switch out my current animal and go to chickens. I found cuckoos are the same growing time, but I don't have enough crop circle to make feed yet. :p

Baha, a never ending question. :p ;)

I do not have the rainforest open. I am stuck going up the tree to get all the manure and water runes open. I have noticed a difference during events. I can sell more. *cha-ching* xD

I just don't know if I should keep the runes where they are at for now, go up the tree to the LL rune. I hate lugging the trophies around. I usually forget. I have been faithful this time for baskets. Go do the branch for extra gifts and neighbors plus vacation, it's annoying only having 5 gifts -.-. Go do the branch with the breeding runes or what? Open rainforest.

I have all three lands open in the first chamber. I have almost all the statues open in the first 3 rooms. Trying to decide if I should hang with what I have opened now and just open chambers till I have the fourth land or keep opening chambers as I fill rooms to add to quests to get more TEP. o_O

fun2farm, julie1013, LDCrow and 4 others like this.
  5. Clashstrummer

lilDomi, it can be a bit frustrating. The thing is all of those choices are based on how you personally play the game. So it's easy for me, or someone else to say "do this first" but it might not be the best thing for you. Plus the game has changed and new items and areas have been introduced since some of us had to make these decisions.

It's sometimes better to ask yourself what do you want to accomplish? Then you can figure out how to make that happen. Getting the cloud rows open is a major task so kudos to you for that! :D

This is simply my take on your dilemma so take it for what it's worth. Using the stars on the manure and water runes is worthwhile as that will in turn enable you to do more FSQ's and earn more stars. The most important breeding rune is the twin rune which is the last one on the branch. Unless you plan on spending money for power feed (PF) it can wait a bit until you build up a good supply of PF. Opening more land in Baha is not really going to improve your overall game whereas opening that LL rune will. It applies to all lands including the MM field, which you cannot place trophies on in the first place. It will also give you a big step up for events which again you can earn stars playing plus cloud rows so you have something to actually harvest.

As for the side branches of neighbors and trades and so forth those are going to be there to come back to, no hurry for any of them.

Simply my take on it do with it what you will or ignore it completely. :)

fun2farm, julie1013, LDCrow and 8 others like this.
  6. baw815

baw815 Forum General

lilDomi, I would finish the manure and water runes. Go for the LL rune. It will make your life soooo much easier not to have to remember to move your trophies.

fun2farm, julie1013, LDCrow and 6 others like this.
  7. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Another point in support of Clash; while we have been getting more events that allow us to grow event crops on Baha, the majority still seem to be restricted to the mainland fields, or that's how it seems to me. So while it's definitely nice to have the extra space on the island, and will help you level Baha faster, for events it's generally not that great of an advantage. That's my opinion only, others probably disagree. I agree with both baw and Clash in regards to the poo/water and LL rune. It makes events so much easier to not have to remember those trophies :p. The fastest way I can think of to get stars to get to that rune is the FSQs . :) And you don't necessarily have to max out the poo/water runes right away, either. On my baby farm I recently opened it to 150 limit on each, and it's amazing what a difference just that makes in having to go back and refill, water, refill, etc. Relieves the tedium if nothing else.

8. purplebeet

purplebeet Active Author

o_OBefore reading the posts above I came to forum to ask all the farmers their opinions on where to go next with my stars...This is day 7 on my farm, so lots of options open still:). My quest seems so trivial, but being new to the farm, I'm extremely excited and try every way possible to open land. I never even knew there were runes for water/manure, and the trophies... I find it a major job to get stars and so many needed for the glade, that I was thinking of opening Bahamas island before climbing up the tree more...my question for anyone that's opened both is (glade/baha), with so many stars involved, would I be causing myself any setbacks, by skipping my last parcel in the glade (like 65 stars, ) and going on to open island (50) which Ive almost acquired at this point...

Nala777, fun2farm, spotsbox and 8 others like this.
  9. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

I would open the glade first. Opening Baha is like starting a new game. You're only 7 days into your farm you've made huge progress but remember this is a marathon not a sprint.

Nala777, fun2farm, julie1013 and 9 others like this.
  10. Xevallah

Xevallah Forum Apprentice

Is that the Baby Boom Rune?

fun2farm, spotsbox and joanc123 like this.
  11. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Forum Duke

Purplebeet to have your glade open after 7 days ia amazing, i cant remember how long it took me. also have you got enough neighbours to open other land on main area. So that is 3 full areas to work on.
    Personally I was advised and went straight up middle of tree to get LL rune, the difference that makes instead of moving trophies and waiting for them to take effect on land is worth the effort in getting rune.
    I echo what others have said this is a game that is your personal choice of how you want to play it, just enjoy it

fun2farm, julie1013, Xevallah and 7 others like this.
  12. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I'm going to chime in here and duck as soon as bread rolls (and hopefully not rocks) start flying. I lugged my trophies around for a long time (see my big muscles?). It became part of the routine just like going around to activate all pets first. If moving trophies is too bothersome or your forget them, then go up the tree for LL. I personally would have used my stars to open more land. Baha is slow in the beginning with short crops that it is good to get it going 'cause it will take a while to make progress there. Some events, like the Carnival Queen, drop event drops even if no event crops are grown there. It will also help generate other drop items you will need for your farm like tools and supplies (sugar, salt, etc). When event crops can be grown there, you will see a big jump in levels since event crops have good EP and you will get golden bananas that you will need to open things in the temple.

I would always open more land in favor of LL only because you still get the same benefit as if you moved your trophies. LL is all about convenience. I think those 300 stars can benefit growing farms better.

Good luck to all our young farmers :)

13. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Forum Duke

No rocks from me PnP, everyone plays this to their own goals. The game changes from one month to the next. When I first started I done the more easier product FSQs by buying most of products in market, to get stars, now you more or less are unable to do it that way with the crazy prices in the market

fun2farm, julie1013, Xevallah and 5 others like this.
  14. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Thanks for this great thread Clash :D as i am too find it concerning in decline of New Farmers, not to mention a decline in chickadees too.

I give full support any new Farmer working in Coalition with Fellow Mentors of Farmerama, to ensure everyone have fun and enjoy running a farm either doing normal farming, Engaging in an Event or working on Farm Society Quest etc :)

Stars - Stars are harder to obtain these days. Some events do not give stars or less stars then they use too. But you can gain lots of stars via Farm Society Quests. As New Farmers join playing farmerama. There is grow list of Farm Society Quests to do.

I would throw caution to the wind how you spend your hard earned stars on Tree of Wisdom, some Runes are more effective to your style of farming, than other runes.:p

Animal Trophy/Crop Trophy/Living Legend Rune - On everything we harvest, we earn Tool Drops/Event Drops. Initial have to move/place your Animal/Crop Trophy before harvesting to boost drops, which is cumbersome, until you have Living Legend Rune unlocked.

But for New Farmers. It is no longer cheap to level up the Animal/Crop Trophy to max 30% better drops with current market prices of Crops and Animals. One of essential tasks is to level up Animal/Crop Trophies as soon as you can to boost drop rates especially during events that need drops.o_O

Markets - The benefit of the market is you can buy stuff using CC for things you need that have no room on your Farm fields to grow. Also it can help you make CC on things you sell, so any profits gained is great asset to help build your farm with out the need to grow them, it huge help to restock your Barn too. Not everyone can reap their farm frequently but having CC comes in handy;)

fun2farm, Xevallah, spotsbox and 3 others like this.
  15. Clashstrummer

Yes, it used to be called twin breeding but it's the same thing. :)

fun2farm, Xevallah, spotsbox and 3 others like this.
  16. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Board Analyst

I finally thought of a little something to add that might be a tiny bit helpful to new farmers...
    Buying seeds daily from the red basket/seed shop has already been mentioned, but I have not seen anyone mention the Pirate Cove... Sometimes there are seeds on sale in there (cheaper than the seed shop), and sometimes you can even buy more than one offer.

Water tanks are also on sale in there from time to time... for those farmers who have a sparsely decorated park, a bunch of water tanks harvested twice a day can save a substantial chunk of CCs when you have to continuously buy water. If you use them enough they will pay for themselves. And once you no longer need them/have room for them they can be used/placed as 1x1 givers in a lot of the cloud rows.

fun2farm, tlcmom, spotsbox and 4 others like this.
  17. Clashstrummer

Also to add to Peeps on the pirate cove you can also sometimes buy givers at a low rate to use on cloud rows. Mostly that would be the 2x2's or 1x1's I don't remember ever seeing a 1x2 there. Mostly those I bought cheep on a shop sale day. You can also use Wilson's for 1x1's and occasionally they come out with a 1x2 that can be gifted and used as well.

This would be for empty cloud rows you can earn several that will need givers to make them work.

fun2farm, spotsbox, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  18. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Board Analyst

Oh yah, I forgot about the givers being cheaper in there too sometimes.... I remember now that I bought many of them, whenever I could, just to fill my park up and get some extra EP way back in my early levels before I could get very many (and higher EP givers) from events.

It's also nice now that we get a monthly giver from Fuzzles' daily login prizes, plus a lot of extra goodies from him and from the farm wheel that are always helpful too. IMO, new farmers should be come obsessive about visiting Fuzzles every day, and also be sure to use those free spins too. Lots of free goodies to be had.

fun2farm, tlcmom, spotsbox and 3 others like this.
  19. lilDomi

lilDomi Junior Expert

I won a pink crow off the wheel. :inlove: I just need a base crow to put it on now. :p

20. Clashstrummer

Good for you lilDomi!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.