For new farmers a little encouragement...

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Clashstrummer, Feb 1, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplebeet

purplebeet Active Author

Great news, lilDomi! Wish I could help you with the base....

fun2farm, tlcmom, spotsbox and 3 others like this.
  2. lilDomi

lilDomi Junior Expert

purplebeet, I nearly fell off my chair when it landed there. I had to check in my inventory to be sure. Looks like I need crows and bats from Jack's shop, lol.

fun2farm, tlcmom, spotsbox and 4 others like this.
  3. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

lilDomi Congratulations on your lucky farm wheel spin! I love my PINK CROW but it took me 2yrs to make one! :) I was doing other things during that time too! lol

4. EElse84

EElse84 Forum Apprentice

Just wanted to add something about Renzo's Fair for new players...

Of course, for everyone it is different but if you want to go for the chance of winning the most chips, I've found that Mach-o-meter gives me the best results. On average, I receive 5 chips per game, sometimes I'm lucky and get 9 and every once in a while I'm lucky enough to win 20 but it is very seldom that I win less than 5 whereas, with the other games, you're lucky to get more than 3.

Anyway, just wanted to give my 2cents worth on the 'Fair' games. :)

spotsbox, Nala777, fun2farm and 5 others like this.
  5. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

On the mach-o-meter if you press and hold your mouse and then release it to make the counter stop you can be more accurate with it. It's just the timing of it and it takes a bit of practice but it will give you more accuracy than trying to click at the right moment.

:)

spotsbox, fun2farm, tlcmom and 5 others like this.
  6. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

Just stumbled on this thread! It is awesome and I have learned some things. I found that I never had enough eggs or apples. How could I feed my frogs? So when I got arboretum, menagerie and manufactory - I instantly loaded it up with apple trees, chickens and eggs. I finally have enough built up that I can substitute in other items.

Pirates cove is awesome. I buy givers that only require CC so that I can put them on cloud rows that have an optional giver.
    I put the least amount of EP given on cloud rows. Then I place the higher ones in the field. You can always remove a giver from a field and add it to a cloud row later. No need to have a partially filled cloud row when you can have the item working for you.

Another tip - If you can't finish an event and the option exists and is doable - Get the cloud row over the givers. You can always trade with G&T later for givers or wait until a sale offers givers.
    Depends on whether your goal is to stage for future cloud rows or take advantage of leveling up.

My best goals achieved - Opening Cloud Row, Carnations and LL Rune

Refine your drop crops like carnations.

spotsbox, Nala777, fun2farm and 6 others like this.
  7. lindzeee

lindzeee Forum Apprentice

I've read through the thread but just want to get clarification on something.

I usually buy the harvest subscription so I always have that feature available. I'm wondering if it is always best to have 1x1 plots out vs. 2x1 or 2x2 even when I'm not using CAC. I think 1x1's are the best with harvester even without CAC but I haven't seen anyone mention that so I just thought I would see what others do.

Thanks so much for all the help and advice! Really appreciate it.

8. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

4 plots of 1x1, you spend 4 seeds, get 8 in return, (4 in profit), 1 1x4, spend 1 seed gain 5 back (4 in profit). However it may affect the drops you get (tools, artisan stuff). Someone once said it was like buying a lottery ticket, the more tickets, the bigger the chance. If you use SG, Suzie, manure (or water) you save those when using large plots.

I have the harvest subscription as well, and since I have severe laziness, I keep my 1x1.

spotsbox, fun2farm, tlcmom and 5 others like this.
  9. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

You beat me to it Moraine! For me, I don't always have harvester functions so I would prefer 2x2s if I am harvesting by hand but during events requiring drops, I would always have 1x1s. The chances are you are probably going to get more drops. :music:

10. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

I'll add a bit more on this subject but it involves math so bear with me. ;)

I also use a harvester subscription and I use 1x1's to plant but only when using a buff (CAC) with them.
    Using 1x1's only becomes profitable when using buffs. With no buffs the crop increase is negligible. Drop increase only really becomes a factor when you are planting longer timed crops. The cost of water and manure is also a factor in the 1x1 vs combo which makes using the 1x1's with no buff much less cost effective than the combo field.

Without buffs on Main field: 202 1x1 squares vs Combo 44- 2x2, 5- 1x2, 16- 1x1

1x1 - 202 to plant. 2 per sq nets 202 minus planting seed

Combo - 65 seeds to plant. 4 per 2x2, 3 per 1x2, 2 per 1x1 nets 202 minus planting seed

Yield increase for 1x1 vs combo is a +0

With CAC on Main field:

1x1, 202 to plant. 4 per sq nets 606 minus planting seed

44- 2x2, 5- 1x2, 16- 1x1, 65 to plant. 7 per 2x2, 5 per 1x2, 4 per 1x1, net 332 minus planting seed

Yield increase with 1x1 vs combo is a +274

Edited to correct math.
    Edited once again to correct more math.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    spotsbox, fun2farm, tlcmom and 4 others like this.
  11. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

It is actually +0. Main field has 202, not 220 1x1 plots ;)

Edit: Looks good!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  12. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

xDxDxD Oh man I always screw up the math I was nervous even posting it.

I inverted my original numbers from 202 to 220 it seems. I've gone back and made corrections. Please let me know if it's still wrong. ;)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  13. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

No harm done :) I just happened to be on math patrol :p

14. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

Clash you're braver than I am! xD As one math-a-phobe to another I applaud your bravery. :inlove:

15. lindzeee

lindzeee Forum Apprentice

Thank you everyone so much! That helps me out a lot.

16. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

FABULOUS Thread!! FABULOUS people!!:inlove::inlove::inlove:

I am now returning to my farm to become a Chicken farmer for the new Event that is just about start!! Having made my '1st million', I have already seen how fast it can disappear - turning you into a penny-pinching-pauper if you're not careful!!
    Cluuuuuck cluck cluck cluck!!:p

Edit: I'm in search of 6 new neighbors to open the Green Meadow, if anyone is interested...
    Thanks in advance for your kind consideration!:)Please feel free to delete me after its open if you don't need/want any more neighbors!

(igm@fun-n-farmin)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  17. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

Can't remember if this was mentioned.
    fun2farm - You can spend your millions of CC in the seed shop. It usually is more cost effective than buying the plants in market.
    It is a great way to stock the barn. Those crops will go fast when your making feed - doing events - or FSQ to get Stars, GBs or other goodies.

You are limited to 100 of a crop a day.

Check Pirates Cove too. Sometimes crops go on sale there and you can get more than 100 of them.

spotsbox, LDCrow, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  18. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

Thank you littletinybit! You are right - every bit helps, sometimes a lot!:)

Some more 'happy news' - just opened The Park!!
    Lol! Of course, not much to put on it yet!...and it doesn't want my chickens!! Imagine that!xD
    (It does like my 2 melon eaters though. :))

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    spotsbox, LDCrow and joanc123 like this.
  19. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Ahhh, the park :inlove: Congrats! Mine look like a car boot sale now. As a fresh farmed I hurried up and stuffed it with everything I could find. Not a bad tactic, just means there's some tiding up to do....... or live with it not being as effective as it could be. Later you will also have a park for your decoration& givers in bahama, shipwreck bay it's called. And that soak up a lot of those good givers early on.

20. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Love this. ;)xD

spotsbox, LDCrow, Beccalass and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.