For new farmers a little encouragement...

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Clashstrummer, Feb 1, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Hi friends, I see a lot of good advice and positivity here. Unfortunately, couldn't see this thread earlier. :cry::oops::cry:>:(:(
    As a result, did some blunders. :(:(:(o_Oo_O:mad::mad: Opening bakery instead of confectionery is one of those and I badly regret it now. No CACs, no hope to buy a confectionery. Any advice???

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    spotsbox, Dory111, LDCrow and 2 others like this.
  2. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

You can win the option to open a 2nd trade at Renzo. Also there are a lot of quests offering BB so you can save up enough to buy the cac recipe without having to spend real money in the game. Takes time yes, but doable. Also you gain 1 BB every time you level up.

A quick glance and count on the FAQ for the quests, made the total of BB reward to 1582 BB in 42 quests. Yes, a lot of them are breeding quests, but others are not. So plenty of possibilities. Good luck!

Resturant40BB
    Sheep Wool24BB
    Flock of Sheep45BB
    Angora Frenzy16BB
    Rampant Rabbits4545BB
    Clucks, Cackle & Co10BB
    Gertrude's Organic Egg10BB
    Lunch30BB
    Milk for Everyone20BB
    Cows, Calves and Bulls54BB
    Little Blood Suckers60BB
    Guano Quest18BB
    No Rest on the Farm17BB
    Theme Party11BB
    Piggy Mania45BB
    Castle Fright11BB
    Deranged Goats45BB
    Magical Trek17BB
    Wild Steed Breed45BB
    Crazy Crows42BB
    Monkeying Around45BB
    Garden Expo22BB
    Duckling Brood45BB
    Ostrich Breeding80BB
    Shipwreck Bay 1234535BB
    Art Collective80BB
    Water Volleyball45BB
    Camel Breeding Quest45BB
    The Chosen Panda45BB
    Un-bee-lievable45BB
    Donkey Business45BB
    Color Chameleons45BB
    Open House45BB
    The Golden Eggs45BB
    Busy Beaver45BB
    Poker Night45BB
    Rocket Mouse45BB
    Kiss Chase54BB
    Trade it Up54BB
    Eco Parade12BB
    Wedding Bells50BB
    Anti-Stomping Class45BB

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    swCactus1, spotsbox, Dory111 and 6 others like this.
  3. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

Wow Moraine!! What a great chart!! Many, many thanks for posting it!!:inlove::D

spotsbox, Moraine, LDCrow and 2 others like this.
  4. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Thanks Moraine, I'm already on it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  5. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

Just a word about Shipwreck Bay. Make sure you look at the requirements that will be needed to open each area. Each one has an FSQ that must be completed before you can use it. It's better to use your GB's to open all needed items before you use them to open an area of Shipwreck.

Dory111, Moraine, fun2farm and 2 others like this.
  6. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Thank you Moraine :):D:inlove::music: I'm already on it.

Moraine, fun2farm and joanc123 like this.
  7. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Thanks LDCrow, am so grateful. :inlove::D:)

fun2farm and joanc123 like this.
  8. Brakenjan84

Brakenjan84 Padavan

I don't think there has been a post about levelling up with the Artisan's Trades (if there has, apologies for the double post).

If you are looking to buy a certain recipe (ex. CaC) but you're only on level 2 or 3 with the confectionery trade, one way to level up quickly is to buy certain craft items (which I will list below) and then use them to 'Improve your skills and level up'.

When you click on your trade - ex Confectionary - you will see a window at the top with the craft items currently in your barn suited to that trade. When you click on one of them, you get four options of what to do with it:

Gift to your neighbour
    ** Improve your skills and level up
    A little hand that will put the item to use on your own farm
    Sell your products at the market

We're now looking at the second option - improve your skills and level up:

3 or more items in each trade will award you 270 points to help level up. Whichever is cheapest in your market, buy those and use it every day (there's a limit of 5 you can use per day) to help you level up.

For Bakery:
    Pinky Pie Pie, Quiche and Spinach Pie (on my market, cheapest is pinky pie pie)

For Confectionary:
    Slime fungus jelly, Easter marmalade, Island paradise jam (on my market, cheapest is Island paradise jam)

For Florist:
    Royal wreath, Spring wreath, Winter wreath, Tentacle wreath, Winter garland (on my market, cheapest is winter wreath)

For Spa:
    Yellow coconut, Sanquine coctail, Green Mateato (on my market, cheapest is Yellow coconut)

For Alchemist: 2 options:
    270 points:

Happiness serum, Aroma of love, Silver flame incense, Crystal ball (on my market, cheapest is Crystal ball - when in stock :p)

405 points:
    Philosopher's stone, Essence of wisdom, Vial of Growth (on my market, cheapest is Vial of growth)

Buy 5 items each day to level up in your trade (you can use several of the same items, no need to buy different ones and spend more CCs). It will still take time to level up, but this way, you speed it up a little every day... ;)

fun2farm, Nala777, hatzeva and 2 others like this.
  9. Dory111

Dory111 Forum Apprentice

Hi, I'm new, just started my farm last night. Need your wise advice friends. I'm level 12 now.
    Can anyone explain what actually mentor and chickadee means?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  10. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Welcome to the game and to the forum. Hope to see you post a lot :)

Advice about what part of the game ?

My top 4 I think:
    * Work to open more land, the meadow and the glade. Once those are open, work on getting enough stars for the tree to open Bahama. (tropical farmland)

* From L40 (I think) you can open an Artisan trade. Most popular is the confectionery due to the Carrot apple chutney (Cac for short )which is a buff that gives you +2 per plot harvested. Very useful.

*check the posts in this thread, lots of useful tips

*Remember it's not a sprint, whatever your goals are - you'll get there in the end. Aner perhaps the long scenic route is the road that gives you the most fun

Edit: counting to 4 seemed a bit tricky, or was it sticking to only 3 advices that was too hard for me ? o_O

Nala777, sanddollar15, sglick and 4 others like this.
  11. Dory111

Dory111 Forum Apprentice

Thank you Moraine for your words of wisdom.

Nala777 and fun2farm like this.
  12. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

Hi Dory - Welcome!

I am not an expert meteor, but basically this is a system where older farmers (not age - length of playing) give gifts to younger farmers. The younger players can then send gift back to the older farmer.

There is also an agreement that the older farmer will answer any questions that the younger farmer.

This is were I'm not so good. I am more likely to answer questions and give encouragement here on the forum.

This feature is a good feature and definitely worth participating in.

BTW, older farmers love receiving the box of love stuff.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  13. EElse1984

EElse1984 Forum Greenhorn

Started another farm :oops::p (Brakenjan84 and EElse84 are my other 2)

This one was started 2 days ago (today being day 3) and I have developed a new strategy with this one which I would like to share with new farmers who struggle with CCs (market currency).

I have already made various purchases (42 chicken stalls, 5 apple trees (plus 2 I got from FSQs), 7 walnut trees, 7 plum trees and 5 mulberry trees - also 100 eggs to get started on Gertrude's Organic Egg quest (which cost about 250 000CCs) - for some stars to open up my Magical Glade but despite those expenses, my current balance is half a million CCs.

How?

Cress

Plant and harvest for 30 -50 minutes and you will have a stock of about 3000 cress (2x2 fields without any nuking). You can sell those in the market and make a fair sum but I advise you to rather make Newt feed - they sell for more per feed (which take a 100 Cress to make) than what the Cress sell for. When you're tired of the repetitiveness of planting and harvesting cress, plant something else and give yourself a break. Do this a few times a day and the CCs will come rolling in.

Buy crops from the shop each day as well, and then sell them in the market or use them in the FSQ to complete quests and gain stars.

Start small, selling 100 Cress, to build up your balance for the 10% market fee that's needed but DON'T be scared to sell 1000 Cress altogether when you do have the funds to pay that 10% fee - many of the established farmers prefer buying 1000 Cress in one shot, rather than buying 10 lots of 100.

Just wanted to give a bit of advice on quickly gaining CCs - and also from a 'new' farm's perspective :p

EDIT:
    After gaining my first million, I started milling Bear feed. It takes two apples (selling for approx 300 cc in market) and 1 plum (selling for approx 700 cc in market) to make 1 bear feed. The bear feed sells for about 7000 cc so now I can concentrate on growing animals and such while still gaining CCs by selling feed.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    baw815 and Moraine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.