Forum competition for Sat. Sept 6th

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by CJAT, Aug 28, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

Hi all!

Just a quick note to let you all know that next Saturday, September 6th, I will be hosting a forum competition! :) I plan to start the game at 9 am Eastern Time / 15:00 CEST. (See current CEST time here).

As mentioned on the old forum, it will be based along the lines of Mir's Seedling Mystery game. (Available to view for a very limited time).

So basically you are guessing my results from last Happy Tree Day! I am a bit of an EP-lover and the night before HTD started, I set out my very first batch of 36 San Gigantea 2x2 Small Seedlings A, and also 8 secret seedlings that I had saved from events. You job is to guess what I got!!

So this is how it is set up:
    • I will pick out 4 trees and then give you a list of 6 trees to choose from (only 4 of them will be correct). ;)
    • You must guess what 4 trees I actually got, and in what order they appeared in my field.
    • After each guess I will give you a little feedback. I will tell you the number of trees you guessed correctly, and how many trees are in the right order. (It is based on the game Mastermind. Feel free to google it or look for strategy on playing the game, if you so desire!)
    • You may guess as often as you like, but must either leave a minute between each of your guesses or wait for another person to guess before guessing again. (This also gives me a chance to reply to the guesses made lol!)
    Those who guess correctly will win some nice prizes such as CAC, Spring Wreath, Easter Marm, Zucchini Apple Bread, or even Green Mateato!! (More on how prizes are awarded later!)

As a side note, as announced by spotsbox in the thread, ♫Ain't No Cure for the Summertime Blues♫ there will be fun and games this weekend in the EN chat, starting tomorrow (Friday)! There are even rumors of prizes and goodies! So if you're free, swing on by and have some fun!! (Remember there are two English-language chats! To get from the US one to the EN one, you must log into your game via either the English or Aussie flag, then go to chat!)
    ;)

Banjoman likes this.
  2. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Sounds like you're cooking up some fun, CJ! I won't be able to join until later in the afternoon that day, but I look forward to reading all the answers and hilarity that always seems to come with forum comps ;):D.

(and thanks for reminding those who might be new to EN, that they need to log on in the correct server to be able to get to EN-UK chat!)

3. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

Looking forward to seeing you next weekend spots! {{hugs}} (Or this weekend in chat, depending on how my time goes lol!) :)

4. solotime

solotime Count Count

Will see if I can remember xD

5. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

Well, I sure hope you remember solo! It starts in an hour and 15 minutes! xD

Will come back shortly and add a "before planting picture" to give you an idea of how many seedlings I planted! (I thought I took a screenshot of the seedling planted, but I guess not! :eek:

Be back in a bit to edit! :) Okay am back! :)

[​IMG]

So the blue 2x2 squares are all Small Seedling A from the train even (San Gigantica, I think it's called). And the green 1x1 plots are where I planted my secret seedling from events.

When we start the competition in 35 minutes! (at 15:00 CEST) I will take the first 4 San Gigantica results and add in two random trees. I will mix up their order and you will make four guesses...For instance, I may give you the following trees:

apple
    xl turbo jumbo
    xxl catalpa
    xl cherry
    turbo jumbo
    xxl egg tree

Your job would be figure out which 4 of them I actually received . I will then tell you how many of the trees you guessed correctly, and how many you guessed are in the right order.

Make sure you type in correctly if they are an xxl or xl tree! ;)

I may mention if you are guessing trees not listed (xl-xxl typos), but then again, I may not! :p We will play a couple rounds this way, but if having xl and xxl makes it too confusing, we will switch to just guessing what the the base tree was.
    If you have questions, feel free to ask them now! :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  6. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

Okay, the competition is starting!

Your trees to guess from are:

apple
    xl turbo jumbo
    xxl catalpa
    xl cherry
    turbo jumbo
    xxl egg tree

I decided it would be easier on me if my "example list" would also be my first list lol! ;)

7. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

xl turbo jumbo
    xxl catalpa
    turbo jumbo
    xxl egg tree

8. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

xxl egg tree
    xl cherry
    xxl catalpa
    turbo jumbo

9. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

I already saw a (slight) mistake in my list, but we will ignore it for now will play as is. {{blush}}

Banjo ~ you have 3 trees right and 1 in the right place.

Arielh ~ you have 3 trees right and 1 in the right place.

10. Banjoman

xl turbo jumbo
    xxl catalpa
    xxl egg tree
    xl cherry

11. Arielh

xl turbo jumbo
    xxl egg tree
    xxl catalpa
    turbo jumbo

12. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

Banjo ~ you have 3 trees right and 1 in the right place! (Gosh, any one else notice a pattern here lol?) ;)

Arielh ~ you have 3 trees right and 3 in the right place! o_O

13. -poppyseed-

-poppyseed- Forum Connoisseur

xxl catalpa
    xxl catalpa
    xxl catalpa
    xxl catalpa xDxD (Just kidding, though I wouldn't be too surprised.)

Guesses:
    xl turbo
    xxl catalpa
    xxl egg tree
    turbo jumbo

14. Arielh

xl turbo jumbo
    xxl egg tree
    xxl catalpa
    apple

15. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

lol poppy! That's how I guess last time! Great method of figuring out trees. Just this once I will allow your double guess... next time I get to pick and choose which one to reply to! :D

poppy 1st guess ~ 0 right, 0 in right place. :) <-- for me :cry: <-- for you

poppy 2nd guess ~ 3 right, 0 in right place.

Arielh ~ 2 right, 2 in the right place.

16. Banjoman

xl turbo jumbo
    xxl catalpa
    turbo jumbo
    XXL Egg tree

17. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

@ Banjo ~ 3 trees right, 1 in the right place.

18. Arielh

turbo jumbo
    xxl egg tree
    xxl catalpa
    xl cherry

19. -poppyseed-

-poppyseed- Forum Connoisseur

xl turbo
    xxl egg
    xl cherry
    jumbo

Lol, so no catalpas? :D How did you get so lucky?!

20. Banjoman

XXL Egg tree
    xxl catalpa
    XXL Egg tree
    Apple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.