Fright Night of the Geeks

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by *WisdomTree*, Oct 25, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *WisdomTree*

*WisdomTree* Exceptional Talent

I did it this way. Then I harvested them. Worked for me.
    [​IMG]

Has this happened to you too? :eek: o_O :eek:
    [​IMG]

Flower, MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I actually managed to do it ... no idea how! xD I am hoping my other freebie will roll onto tomorrow cos I don't think I want to spend that much time on the mini-game this evening! :eek:

MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  3. *WisdomTree*

*WisdomTree* Exceptional Talent

FAQ:
    • The 2 free games awarded each day do not store!
    Example:
    • One player did not participate in the game for the first 2 days, the player comes in 3rd day and still has 2 free games only
    • One player left 1 free chance, when the new day comes, it will refresh the amount to 2 free games.

4. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

[
    The minigame itself will become easier as we play it. A green book means that it's in the right place, a red one that it's an overstock. To get rid of a red book we need to add a bookworm that will eat it... Just click and move around the tiles if you get lost, right now there's always one bookselhf that only asks for 1 tile to be completed, I do that one and then juggle around with the 4 tiles left.

5. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

The worms are the thing that threw me for a minute, once I realized that they negated the extra book we didn't need, okay, got it. I suspect these games will get harder as we progress.

Things I know - the issue with the buffs won is that you have to first play the mini game. WIN the buff. Then go to the left sidebar and ACTIVATE the buff, then HARVEST the pixel trees, etc. The givers act like animal pens, so they work the same way.

So learn from this farm's fail and ACTIVATE those buffs first - then harvest. Off to do the other two farms.

Oh yeah - does anyone else have a yellow sticky note with an exclamation point on their side bar thing for the news window, but you've harvested everything you need to from daily gifts and Halloween calendar? I can't figure out what's going on.

rivak, marymac50, Flower and 4 others like this.
  6. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

Yes, I do too both in the web version of the game and the standalone. At some point it dissapear on its own...

Aslo, if people are wondering why the buffs are 2 different sizes when entering the mini game it's because if you complete the puzzle before the timer runs out, you get both, else if you complete the puzzle after the timer runs out you win only the big drawn buff. So by chosing the Cabinet 50% you are sure to win 1 if you complete the puzzle, for the other 2 buffs you need to pick which booster is more important for you as a player...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  7. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Forum Commissioner

...and NOW when I collect "all things" what were/are ready in that event Field and feed those 3 "things", 21h35min crowing time those 3 "things" and is all over now? When not palyed first minigame, when have so much plants that can be played mingame?

I´m Finnish citizen and do not understand nothing about FAQ... even translated... How much we have to use alarmclock in night to do this?

I´m totally confused (or something)...

Finnish players = YES YOU CAN, write to me InGameMessage in FINNISH and tell to me what to do. Me an my IRL girlfriend and our friend, just do all the same things, even if "that´s it, alla gone" -situation is on... so FINNISH HELP needed, there it is not right so write to me in game, THANKS! Nick = just the same es there in forum "Nuubi-Joonas2210" ! Thanks beforehand!

8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I certainly wish I could write you and Ani in Finnish, NJ. I think you do very well here on the English board, all things considered.

Also, this one of those events where you do what you can, reap what rewards you can and be happy you got that far. I know that's how I'm considering it, especially on this farm, having already goofed it up this morning.

The other two farms, I got the buffs activated first. They are probably okay. (keyword there is "probably").

I have never been a big fan of the event field. And right now, I should be sewing like a mad woman, not dinking around trying to figure out this complicated mess. So I'm off to make something frightful for the big Halloween show this Saturday. Hoping we get customers in spite of the snow and freezing cold temperatures.

9. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

A silly question: does donations must be made as close as possible to limit losing EP value like in the breeding event where all over donations will be lost or is it like during the Harvest Festival where dumping 1 million EP worth of stuff will let you jump 3-4-5-6 levels at a time?

MeadowCrossing likes this.
  10. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I would think you need to donate as close as possible.

11. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Count Count

Just returned from my appointment and have first crops ready to harvest. Before I do anything - even play free games - I want to check with y'all to try and get my best paw forward. Please bear with me as I post what I did so far and seek advice on next step.

Before leaving for my appointment, I harvested the event field and moved the tree and arcades to the edges. Next, I put down as many 2x2 plots as would fit and planted, watered and fertilized the 10 crops on the 2x2 plots. Then I put down 1x2, and finally 1x1.

Now, home and ready to harvest, but....is there any advantage to playing the free games before I harvest the initial crops?
    Or, shall I harvest first and plant all crops on the 2x2 plots and keep harvesting and replanting on 2x2 then the 1x2 and 1x1?
    From a former game, I recall someone said we use less manure on 2x2 and in the end, we harvest the same number of crops as if we used all 1x1. If memory serves, then should I keep using a mix of 2x2, 1x2, and 1x1?

Sorry, this is probably as clear as my understanding of how to do this. Thanks for any clarification provided. :D

12. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

The 6 Pumpkin-Man Cartridges we started with are enough to do everything with the Cabinets, these are the limiting item of this event. On my event field I have 31 2x2 and 10 1x1, that's it (I dunno how to post pics here...).

You should play the 2 free mini games as soon as possible to have your buffs during the day. Else, after the 12h of using your first 2 buffs, you'll need to play the mini game again, activate buffs and then harvest Trees & Cabinets. The buffs do not affect the event crop, so just keep harvesting it as soon as possible (every 3h58m)! Yes keep the 2x2 & al and sow with that, it does take less water and manure.

13. MeadowCrossing

Thanks, Northy, harvested and replanted fields, then played the games. Took an arcade booster for the first round and a tree booster for the second. Then I thought I activated the arcade booster, but nothing changed time-wise. So not sure if it activated.
    When should I activate the boosters? Will I see any difference to the trees or arcades when the booster is activated - know that's a dumb question, and I think I would see a difference, but nothing changed when I selected 'activate' so I must be missing something.
    Reread all comments and it looks like I should activate just before before harvesting trees/arcades - is that correct?

How does the bookworm work? I can't seem to get it to nibble at any unwanted books.

14. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

Maybe this will help our Finnish friends understand what to do with the event on a 24h basis starting in the morning:

Play first mini game chosing the Cabinet booster
    Play second mini game chosing any of the Tree boosters
    make sure that you have won the 2 Cabinet boosters in the first mini game, if that's not the case the second mini game played should also be for the Cabinet boosters
    Activate 1 Cabinet Booster + 1 +6 Tree fruit Booster + 1 50% Tree time Booster
    harvest everything

during the day harvest the event crop every 3h58m (with water & manure) and Trees when possible
    Mill Pumpkin-Man Cartridges when you can

Once the Arcade Cabinets are ready for the second harvest of the day after about 12h:
    Activate second Cabinet Booster
    harvest Cabinet
    Mill Pumpkin-Man Cartridges when you can

This will bring you the the morning the next day where you repeat this on and on for the entire event

The most important thing is to make sure that we have at least 3 Pumpkin-Man Cartridges milled so that we can feed the 3 Arcade Cabinets to get those precious Pixel Heart. During the day we need to mill 6 Cartridges to keep up with the event.

marymac50, xiop, lode99 and 2 others like this.
  15. istanboy

istanboy Forum Inhabitant

Same here - the red exclamation won't go away! I guess it will once we all purchase the Premium account! ;)

dumbunny, Nordais and MeadowCrossing like this.
  16. TommyBurns

TommyBurns Active Author

I really don't get how to play this game, filled up my bookcases several times and in different orders but it won't finish. What am I doing wrong?

MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  17. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

At the top of the screen you'll see 3 seperate bookshelves with gaps. The goal is to use the tile with books & bookworms to fill in those gaps. After adding a tile, you'll see either green book(s) and/or red book(s) appear. If you see a red book, you can get rid of it placing a bookworm (the beige thingy). Once you've completed correctly each bookshelves, the game will stop and reward you with the booster(s) you've chosen at the beginning of the mini game (1 booster if you finished the game after the timer has run out or 2 if finished before).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
    dumbunny and MeadowCrossing like this.
  18. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I have already made some mistakes due to just being distracted from Dr's visit. I forgot to change the default buff to the cabinet booster and I forgot to activate the tree buff before harvesting. Hopefully, tomorrow will work itself out. I didn't do the calculations to know if there is room for these errors and still be able to finish. Just have to do my best....

dumbunny, MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  19. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Forum Overlooker

I would say make as close as possible. I donated first level and next level shows 0/20000, so it starts from 0.

20. MeadowCrossing

I used one arcade booster thinking it would reduce the 7hr remaining to arcade harvest, but it didn't do anything at all to the remaining time. When/How do we use these boosters to get any affect?

marymac50 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.